Coming of Age

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Welcome to Fontana Manor," the short man said with a thick northeastern accent. "Who am I announcing?"

I shifted on my feet, cleared my throat. "Um, Andy Breckenridge."

He smiled broadly. "Very good to be meeting you, sir," he said, then stepped forward with me to the top of a broad set of stairs. Before me lay a huge ball room, at the far end of which was a twelve-piece orchestra. A massive crystal chandelier floated high above the floor, glittering in the light of numerous wall sconces around the room. There were some people dancing, but most stood around talking and holding various glasses.

A great amount of attention was centered around a beautiful young woman about my age, who sat on an elevated chair near the band. Most of those around her were men of all ages, and she was blushing at the attention.

Suddenly, the short man beside me called out in an unexpectedly booming voice: "Mr. Andrew Breckenridge."

And everyone stopped.

And looked.

Oh, shit.

Someone clapped lightly, which then spread throughout the crowd before dissipating. The stunning young brunette in her elevated chair was staring at me, lips curled in a little smile.

I was handed a flute of champagne before starting down the steps. As I reached the bottom, I saw Dee walking briskly toward me, a grin splitting her face. "Andy! Darling!"

Thank God, someone I know!

Dee kissed me on each cheek, then stepped back to admire me. "Very, very nice," she praised. "Not too stuffy, not too casual. You have excellent taste."

I blushed. "So, the suit's okay?"

"It's perfect. She'll love it, just like I know she'll love you."

I frowned. She?

"Don! Don!" she called, waving over a man about her age with bright silver hair. He approached with as broad a smile as Dee sported, leading with an outstretched hand.

"So this is the young man you've been cultivating," he said with a wink while shaking my hand. "Dee has told me some very good things about you."

My eyes bulged slightly as I shot Mrs. Fontana a look. I wondered what, exactly, she had shared with her husband. I managed to return the man's smile and his grip. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Fontana."

He winced, shaking his hand. "Hell of a grip there, son," he chuckled. "But please, call me Don."

I nodded slowly. "Sure thing . . . Don."

"Gotta make the rounds," he said, and stepped away. Dee was shaking her head with a bemused expression on her face.

"Shall I put you out of your misery?"

I gulped the champagne, wiped my mouth. "God, please."

Dee took my arm and directed me toward the beauty in the chair. "It's very simple, Andy," she said. "Everything we have done has been leading up to this. I have given you the keys to all the doors, now all you have to do is unlock them."

"I don't understand."

"Look around you," she urged. "Money, money and more money. But there are disadvantages to being wealthy, especially if you're born into it. She's going to need a more grounded and level head to keep her from being a spoiled brat. We've done our part, now it's up to you."

"'She,'" I repeated. "Who is 'she?'"

Dee indicated the woman on the throne-like chair. "My daughter, Julianna," she said proudly, then gave me a meaningful look. "Today is her eighteenth birthday. It's her coming of age. Come to think of it, it's your's as well."

I nodded with a small laugh. "No kidding."

"Now. We've given her what she wanted, and now we're going to give her what she needs."

My throat was dry as I swallowed again. "Me?"

Mrs. Fontana smiled and fixed the lapels of my suit. "Go get her, big boy," she said.

I slowly turned away from Mrs. Fontana and approached her daughter. She was joking and laughing with a couple of guys my age who fawned over her, obviously attempting to woo the young beauty. But in a moment of clarity, I realized I had the key, as Dee had said. I was favored.

So, as confidently as I could, I stepped toward the chair, eyes locked on Julianna's. She had the same ghostly blue eyes as her mother She smiled and even blushed slightly at my approach. I stopped, bowed, and offered my hand.

"Andy Breckenridge," I said by way of introduction.

Julianna took my hand with a smile and rose from her seat. "I know," she said, her voice smooth and soft.

"Happy birthday," I wished her as we walked to the dance floor.

That was the first of many birthdays we would spend together.

-finis-

(Thank you for reading. Please don't forget to vote, and leave a comment below if you wish. Feel free to add me to your favorite author's list if you enjoyed what you read today. I am always working on something new for Literotica.)