For Silence's Sake Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

[How?]

It was early enough that Jo found a table without a whole lot of trouble and they sat. A waitress took their order after Lyssa suggested a fuzzy navel for Madeline. They sat, rather quietly, until the drinks came. Madeline was busy looking around the club, at the DJ, the people dancing, the bottles behind the bar.

Joanna took Lyssa's hand. "How are you doing, Lys? Are you OK?"

The waitress dropped off the drinks as Lyssa hitched in a breath. She looked up and said, "One more. And a shot of JD green, if you have it. Black's OK."

Lyssa guzzled down the beer and Joanna squeezed her hand. "Give me the keys, Lyssa." She gave Jo an ugly look. [Keys, Lyssa. Now.]

Lyssa took a deep breath, reached into her bag and, unhappily, handed the car keys over.

Madeline chattered on happily about Erich and her mother. Joanna talked about her mate, Nathan, her daughter, and her classes. They discussed the same sex resolution. Lyssa didn't say much. She growled when a guy put his hand on her shoulder and asked her to dance.

Madeline giggled when she was invited and stood up, walking with a smaller young man to the dance floor. [Just don't let him give you anything to drink, or take you outside.]

[OK.]

"C'mon, Lys. Let's go dance." Joanna grabbed her hand and pulled. Reluctantly, Lyssa came with her. They started dancing, Lyssa a bit stiffly. But alcohol lowered inhibitions and she began loosening up, gyrating, dancing more suggestively. She threw her jacket at her chair and took another drink before going back to dancing.

Madeline was taking a break from dancing and trying to make small talk with the young man. She turned to watch men start gathering around her friends. But they continued to dance with each other.

A couple of hours later, Joanna called an end to the evening. Lyssa was really drunk and getting unruly. Madeline's young man had found out she was married and had beaten a hasty retreat. They were gathering their things to leave when Lyssa declared she needed to use the restroom. [Madeline, please go with her.]

Madeline looked confused but went along. Joanna watched their things, pulled out the car keys, and made a quick call. A commotion near the restrooms drew her attention.

Lyssa was in some guy's face.

Jo headed over and she noticed a male, probably associated with the club, also moving in that direction. Joanna looked at him as they closed, saying, "We're just leaving." He got the male's attention and Madeline and Jo pulled Lyssa away.

-

Erich and Emmett awaited their mates' return as Joanna pulled into the Wyeth garage. She saw her car was already running, warmed up for her trip home.

Madeline hopped out, ran to her mate, and jumped at him. He caught her small form easily and laughed as she began bestowing kisses on his face. [You smell of a human male, mate.] he growled.

[One of them asked me to dance.]

[Hm, Blossom, before we sleep you will be covered in my scent.] Madeline giggled as he turned to take her upstairs.

Ariel made sure her daughter was OK to drive home and sent her off to her own family.

Lyssa stumbled getting out of the car and Emmett hurried over to lend support.

She batted him away. "I can walk."

Ariel glanced over at the sharpness of the remark and Emmett took a breath, remaining solicitous. "Would you like something before bed, sweetheart?"

Joanna had called, before they left, and told him Lyssa was really drunk. Emmett was unsure how to navigate this mood of hers.

"Yeah." She walked, not quite steadily, toward the kitchen. She got a glass and poured herself a couple of ounces of whiskey and sat in a chair, brooding.

Emmett involuntarily sighed as he sat nearby. She gave him a dirty look. "What?"

"Did you have a nice time tonight?"

"Madeline's a lightweight. And Joanna decided to play Mom."

He reached for her hand and took it, firmly. "So, not so much fun, huh?"

She grunted and took another sip then blew out an exasperated breath. Erich and Madeline hadn't made it upstairs.

She chased him through the room and around a table. Erich suddenly stopped, turned, gave a toothy grin and lunged for her. Madeline squealed and backed away. She didn't have enough of a head start.

Erich grabbed her arm and swung her into him, holding her tightly. He spoke, quietly, "I missed you, mate."

She could tell how pleased he was to have her home by what was pressing against her belly. "Is that for me?" she whispered in a husky voice.

He rested his chin on the top of her head. [Always, Blossom.]

Madeline pushed against his enveloping arms and he loosened his hold. She undid his pants, pushed them and his shorts to the floor, and pushed him back. Her short stature meant that they were both uncomfortable if she tried kneeling while he was standing. So, she got him on the floor and fairly dove on his cock. She licked and slurped and sucked, her small hand fisted around its base.

Erich's head was tipped back and he was groaning in pleasure.

She stopped, abruptly, and he opened his eyes and lifted his head, panting lightly. Her lavender eyes were fixed on his face. A string of saliva trailed from the pink tip of her tongue to the tip of his stiffened length.

Oh, Luna. Could he get any harder?

She went back down on him, sucking, before he blew his load into her throat.

As the pleasure registered in his brain ebbed, he began to feel very tired.

Erich gathered his mate to his side and fell asleep.

Madeline traced figures on his chest with a finger and felt his breathing slow before succumbing to sleep herself.

-

Lyssa woke grumpy, with cottonmouth and a mild headache. And Emmanuel wanted to play. She closed her eyes and sighed. "OK, sweetie, give mama a couple minutes, OK?"

Emmanuel sat and yapped once.

Lyssa went into the bathroom and started a shower.

Emmett returned to the suite, carrying a glass of orange juice, one of water, and a couple of white tablets. He smiled at the sight of his son in furred form, waiting for his mate to finish her shower. He entered the bathroom and set down the glasses. Turning, he began to pull the curtain back, asking, "Wash your back?"

Lyssa grunted as she ran her fingers through her dark, wet hair. "Wash my back?"

She turned and gave him the look. The tired 'Really?' look. "Little Em wants to play."

Emmett sighed and she rolled her eyes as she turned off the water.

He held out his closed fist. She looked at him before putting her hand beneath his. He dropped the white tablets into her open palm and said, "There's orange juice."

Lyssa walked out of the bathroom after slugging down the water and OJ to find her boys on the floor, growling and wrestling. She smiled at the sight and then teared up slightly. What had happened to her life?

Emmanuel caught sight of his mother and briefly changed to a pink little boy. "Iden seek!" he commanded.

Emmett tickled the toddler. "Who hides first?"

"Mama."

Lyssa saw Emmanuel's skin start to darken so she stepped into the closet. A brown-eyed chestnut wolf stepped out, nosed open the suite's door, and slipped out.

Emmett counted. "Two. Three..." He held onto the straining pup until he hit 15. Emmanuel shot out of his father's hands and out the door, nose up. He turned to the right, sniffing.

Emmett followed. This was how the young ones learned to track, to stalk, And to evade. Since Emmanuel was trying to track down his mother, an adult, Emmett went along to give him some small hints, since she could think of things he wouldn't.

Emmanuel stopped at the first stairwell; Lyssa's scent led both up and down.

"Try one direction, Emmanuel. It doesn't matter which one."

Emmanuel went down and stopped again when Lyssa's scent stopped. Emmett had realized she'd gone upstairs because he had caught the wisps of scent drifting down from above.

"If she didn't go down, pup, she had to go up."

Emmanuel yipped and headed up the stairs. Lyssa had trotted through the 4th floor corridor, winding back and forth. Emmanuel had learned, however, and didn't veer much. He did take a turn around one of the conversation areas then down the stairs. Through the foyer, nose down, down the back corridor, into the kitchen. Emmanuel stopped at the back door and looked up to his father. Emmett opened the door and followed him out. After a short wander through the kitchen garden, they re-entered the den through the front door. Emmanuel found his mother behind the Navigator in the garage. Paul watched with a smile as the small, dark pup snuck up on his mother, then pounced.

The game went on for another couple of rounds before Little Em tired of it.

-

Lyssa was sitting in the rocking chair with Little Em curled up in her lap. He was napping and she was humming under her breath and stroking his arm. Emmett was grinning broadly at the sight of his family. The work he'd been doing the past few weeks was done and he hoped she would be happy. She had been making a big deal out of Christmas and, while he meant to wait 'til then, he didn't think he could.

"You are so beautiful, mate." She smiled tiredly. "Sweetheart, I've got some things to do but I have something I'd like to show you after lunch." She nodded and her eyes began to slide shut. He ran a hand down the side of her face and kissed her forehead before leaving.

-

Somewhat reluctantly, Lyssa followed her mate. The path was well traveled; the same path he had been taking for days, weeks. A light snow was falling.

Lyssa sensed his excitement and she had no idea why.

Suddenly, he bounded ahead. She watched his tail bob and flip and grow somewhat smaller. He stopped, turned, and changed.

She looked up; he was standing at the door of a building, grinning. A building that hadn't been there before.

She stopped, sat, and looked at him.

Emmett opened the door with a flourish. "Welcome to your place to get away from it all."

She stepped inside, nervously looking around her. Emmett followed her in. "You've been kindof overwhelmed lately. I wanted to make a place where you, we, could have some peace and quiet. Away from the pack."

She looked around, opening doors. There was a small eat-in kitchen, a room which held a king-sized bed and a chest of drawers. The small bathroom still managed to hold a tub. There was a small room with a small bed on the other side of the cozy living room. "This is...for me?"

He smiled. "Yeah."

"So, you lied to me about what you've been doing."

"I, wait, what?" Emmett was flabbergasted.

"You lied to me," she almost growled.

"Well, uh, I wanted to surprise you." He gestured to the little house. "Surprise."

"And, the others know. Randall. Ariel. Erich?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Everybody else?" Lyssa frowned. "Mercy?"

This was in no way going the way he had planned.

"Yeah." He took her by the arms. "Look, I wanted to surprise you with a quiet hideaway."

Lyssa got in his face and punctuated every other word with a poke to his chest. "You lied to me, you son of a bitch."

She backed away and wheeled. As she reached the door she murmured, "The hell with you." As she changed to wolf and headed back to the den she thought, 'And the hell with your pack.'

Emmett sat heavily in one of the chairs, his mouth slack and open. What in Selene's name had just happened?

12