Pursuit of Happiness 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This was not something he was supposed to find, but, now that he knew, what could be done?

He was not Alpha, so he could not question it or request his return. He could, he should tell Michael. But, then again, Wyeth was well within their rights to punish a wolf captured while they were reclaiming two of their own.

Stephanie watches him. He knew. "Alph.. Calvin. Perhaps it would be better if you returned to the party."

He smiles. "I would much rather spend time with you, if I am not interfering with your duties."

She sighs. "If you will allow for a certain amount of detachment from me, we can continue our conversation."

David asks, [Does he know what we're guarding?]

She replies, [I'm sure he recognizes one of the Ross pack is inside. It's too late now. I'll inform the Alpha.]

[Alpha?]

[Stephanie. What is it?]

[Calvin Ross was walking with me and has recognized who we're holding.]

[Has he said anything?]

[No, sir. He wishes to continue speaking with me.]

[I'll be there shortly.]

Erich decides to check on the prisoner as an excuse to get away from the two females and is headed that way when Joanna and Nathan drive past.

Joanna is driving a silver Pontiac Solstice with the top down and Nathan in the passenger's seat. [Anton's not going to be happy with you, Jo.]

[I'm not making that big of a mess, Erich. Besides, it's my birthday.]

She heads for the gate of the compound as Randall exits the house. [Drive carefully, Jo. Don't stay away too long.]

[Yes, Dad.] She waves.

Erich has found Calvin with David and Stephanie.

"Calvin. I think it would be better if you went back to the house."

"I was simply enjoying Stephanie's company. I didn't intend to cause a problem."

As Erich says, "Stephanie, I'll take over for you. Please take Calvin back closer to the house." Randall strides up.

"Cal, I'd prefer that you maintain your distance from this building."

"Of course, Randall. As Erich has just released Stephanie from her duty, we can certainly go somewhere more pleasant."

[Stephanie, please.]

She turns to him. "Alright, Calvin, let's do that."

He pats her arm. "Cal, dear. It's Cal."

"Erich. Why are you here? You're not on rotation. You should be mingling." Randall takes in Erich's disheveled appearance.

Erich takes a deep breath. "Needed a little time away from the crowd, sir."

"I'm going to find someone to relieve you. You will not stay here all night."

"Yes, sir."

Nathan watches Joanna drive the car with obvious joy.

While he periodically glances at the road, he looks mostly at her.

Her light brown hair has come loose and was flowing out behind her. She was grinning, her blue eyes sparkling, and, under the pretty dress, she had kicked off her heels and was driving barefoot.

She was gorgeous.

Erich decides to hide in a small garden off the back of the house. It's dusk and a warm darkness was closing in around the house.

Cynthia and Diana had his scent, and would track him down eventually, but for now he would enjoy some peace and quiet.

Huddled in a corner of the garden, he spies a small form. He scents the air. Female.

He walks over to sit next to her on a bench. She's facing the corner, away from all the activity, looking uncomfortable.

Quietly, he asks, "Are you alright? I can get one of our healers, if you need them, or something else?"

She turns a little, but not enough so he could see her face. "No. Thanks. I'm OK."

"Had enough of the party already?"

Her admission is quiet. "I just don't .. I don't like being around a whole big group like this."

"Do you mind if I sit out here with you for a while? I'm Erich, by the way."

"Madeline. No, that's OK. It's your compound, after all."

Madeline. Tucker pack. "Now, Madeline, I'm not going to stay here if it bothers you. There are plenty of other places I can hide."

"Hide?" Startled, she looks up at him, and he falls into a pair of wide eyes that are some sort of purple color. "What are you hiding from?"

"If I tell you, it'll sound kinda crazy."

She looks down again. "Oh. OK."

He inhales, sighs. Most females would be trying to talk him into telling them, at this point. "Two females from Gates have been hounding me. They're kinda scary."

She laughs. A pleasant little tinkle. "Oh, them. I've seen them circling. Although, on this hunt, they're looking for the strong ones."

He has a thought. "So, what about you, Madeline? Want to go for a run?"

"Luna, yes!"

He pulls off his clothes and drops them in a pile. She's a little shy about removing blouse and skirt. Self conscious.

He changes into a brown wolf with two white socks and gets a brief glimpse of her body before she starts her change. Small framed, with small hips, a narrow waist, and small breasts. A bit like Jo but still more delicate, if such a term could be applied to a werewolf.

Her wolven form was also brown, a medium shade. She has four white socks to Erich's two and a white tip on her tail.

[Follow me.]

Joanna and Nathan return. She swings into the garage and pulls into an empty bay and drops her key off with Simon.

She holds out her hand to Nathan, and he takes it, as she leads him toward the door to the main house. Before she gets there, she pulls him off to the side.

"What're you doing, Joanna?"

"You can call me Jo, Nathan. I really haven't had a chance to thank you for getting me away from.. them. I can't believe you were out looking for me."

"Since I knew you, and the Beta's mate, I wanted to help."

"It surprises me that your Alpha allowed it."

"Uncle Aaron is pretty good, especially since I didn't take away from work. It'll take a little to pay for the bike."

"Anyway." She puts her hand on his shoulders, "Thank you." She tilts her head up, purses her lips slightly, and gets up on tiptoe, while looking into his blue eyes.

He takes the hint, sliding his hands to rest on her slim hips and bringing his mouth to hers.

She kisses him, rather chastely, then parts her lips slightly. He pushes forward, his tongue probing against that slight opening, and she opens further for him.

He runs his tongue into her mouth, and explores it. His arms circle her waist and pull her closer as her hands slide around his neck.

He feels the stiffening begin in his pants and groans. She feels the growing hardness against her belly, gasps, and pulls away slightly.

As much as he doesn't want to, he loosens his grip and lets her break the kiss, taking a half step back. She looks at the ground, blushing.

Someone had to say something, so he blurts out the first thing that pops into his head. "I could teach you how to ride a bike, if you want." Yes, think of anything but the soft warm female in front of you.

She peeks up at him and smiles. "Sounds like fun."

He takes her hand. "We should get back to your party."

Back inside, Joanna takes in the scene.

Roland was having an animated and rather intimate talk with two unmated females.

Calvin had Stephanie in a quieter corner, near one of the outside doors.

Her parents were talking to some of the other Alphas.

Lyssa and Emmett were off to the side. He had a hand on her neck, massaging it. He leans down to say something, and she laughs.

She goes up to the DJ and makes a special request, then pulls Nathan toward the drinks. After a few seconds, they hear,

"Now. Although this is a maturation party and a gathering of unmated, I have been asked to play a song for the mated couples out there."

The first few notes of the song play and Lyssa smiles, looking for Joanna.

Emmett takes her hand and leads her to the edge of the dance floor. He holds her tightly to him and begins to sway to the music. [Ah, mate, I love you.] [I love you, too, Em.] The kiss is long and deep as they stand quietly to one side, oblivious to anything else.

The Alphas and their mates are dancing closely, as are several other couples. Calvin has pulled Stephanie onto the dance floor.

As the song moves toward its ending, there is a slight commotion. Samuel runs over to Wade and Natalie. "Cassie says the pup is coming!"

Natalie kisses her mate and hurries over to the other side of the room, to help Cassie and reassure Samuel.

Ariel looks at her mate. "Another pup in the pack, Ran. I'd like to talk to you about having another."

Randall smiles at her and nuzzles her neck. "I'm game."

Emmett watches Natalie escort Cassie away, with Samuel hovering, with a bit of envy. "I can't wait til it's our turn."

Fin

****

Dear Readers,

This part had to end somewhere. As you can see, I've left a number of things open, so I'm planning on a followup - if you want.

Thank you for reading and commenting.

KemMyst

12