Memphis Nights Ch. 01

Story Info
A move down South with cousin Georgia makes Candy sweeter.
4.6k words
4.27
24.7k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BrettJ
BrettJ
4,739 Followers

No one could understand Candy Copeland's reasoning. Why in the hell was the Straight-A scholarship student, who could have chosen virtually any university or college she wanted to attend, anywhere in the world, going to the Memphis College of Art? After 18 years of being the dutiful daughter and doing whatever her parents wanted, Candy was going to use her own mind and follow her own dreams. She had earned a lot of money by playing with the all-girl cover band she had joined when she was 14. Candy knew she had talent. She could play 5 different instruments with the skill of a virtuoso. Her teachers had labeled her as such by the age of 10. She was also blessed with the voice of an angel, even if the looks weren't there at that age. By the time that the blonde girl was 14, the looks were catching up to the talent. Now she was as pretty as any music superstar, be they Britney Spears, Faith Hill or Taylor Swift. Candy had the talent to sing almost anything. She could sing a torch song as well as Julie London, which always made her father smile. How many 15-year olds knew who Julie London was? His daughter did. She could sing the girl-group tunes with her bandmates, be they the Ronettes, the Crystals or someone more contemporary like the GoGos or the Bangles. Candy had an ear that almost matched her proficiency with instruments. She only had to hear a song a few times and she had it down cold. Had she been born before Beyonce, she might well have eclipsed the Diva's career. Candy didn't care about being a huge star. She performed for the sheer passion of it. When she was singing a song she loved or playing something that inspired her, the young blonde could feel it welling up inside of her until it had to come out. She was an artist. "You're not meant to be an office grunt like me, baby," Steve Copeland would say to his daughter, giving her a daily hug. "You're meant for bigger and better things and I'll do anything in my power to help you along."

There was only one person in the whole world that Candy loved unreservedly and that was her Daddy. Candy was an only child; her mother couldn't have any more children. Steve Copeland considered his bright, energetic, effervescent child his blessing and he told her that every day. Candy wondered at times if her mother was jealous of her. From an early age, she could sense that more of her father's time was devoted to his daughter's well-being.

Candy loved her mom, but it wasn't easy, for Donna Copeland was a complex woman. She was a woman who was into Eastern philosophy and many esoteric things. She wasn't an artist like her daughter or a practical, management type like her husband. Donna was a woman who was constantly thinking and questioning and she seemed to chafe at times at the demands of a husband and daughter. Not only could Candy sing so well that the birds would be charmed from the trees, but by the time she was 12, she could cook and clean. Oft times, Donna would be found in their den with her nose in a book. She would have lost all track of time. Steve didn't fight with his wife because he did love her. They had just drifted in opposite directions. She didn't mean to be selfish, Donna could just be flighty. Sometimes, Candy and her daddy would just leave Donna alone with her thoughts and eat dinner together. Candy's mom would drift into the kitchen around 9 PM, hunger having got the better of her and found something already prepared, a note sitting beside it. These were the times that she was grateful her daughter had a good heart. She would have gone hungry and her marriage would surely have crumbled.

Some of their neighbors wondered what kept the Copeland marriage together. Sometimes it was the challenge. Steve wasn't an intellectual like his wife or an artist, like his daughter. What he had going for him was the athletic build that had served him through high school, when he first met the brunette cheerleader who would later become his wife. He had yet to let it slip, even now that he was edging towards 40. The Copelands were a very physical couple. Sex was a major factor in their marriage and they constantly had fun trying to wear each other out. If she had ever suggested it, Steve would have been very willing to give swinging a chance. He had remarkable stamina, yet his wife neared the sexual appetites of a nymphomaniac. Sometimes when he left for work in the morning, he felt as tired and sore as he had in his football playing days.

It puzzled Steve at times why his wife acted the way she did around their daughter. Candy was tall and beautiful and wore clothes well. She earned a lot more money than her friends did working in doughnut shops or as grocery store cashiers. She bought all of her own clothes and wasn't afraid to be sexy.

Donna Copeland had her reasons, irrational as they might seem to someone else. She did not want Candy flaunting her body and getting a reputation as a slut. Before meeting the man who turned her around, Donna herself had been a very wild child. Steve neither asked nor cared and it was not a future Donna wanted for their girl as she grew older and more vivacious.

Candy loved being a girl. Short skirts, elegant dresses, spa days and heels, she lived for luxury and girlish pleasures. In a few years, the girl would be a force to be reckoned with. She had an indomitable spirit and with Steven supporting their daughter, Donna knew she would be losing more and more battles until inevitably losing the war. Donna started worrying more than was healthy for her. No matter how many ways Steve would try to placate his wife, she feared Candy's showbiz aspirations would lead her down a path of ruination.

Steve and Candy would sigh together. Both could see that there was now enough drama in their household for a TV soap opera. Candy was breezing through school with terrific grades, lots of friends and she and her band were booked nearly every weekend. Candy's sensible father acted as her financial guru and as her manager. She and the band insisted on giving her daddy 10% and he didn't fight them on it. The 5-girl band charged up to a thousand dollars a performance and more if they had to play out of town. One two-day gig netted them a cool $2500.

Candy was chafing at the restrictive reins her mother was placing her under. Sooner or later, they were going to come to loggerheads. A summer visit from her cousin gave Candy the out she desperately needed.

"Y'all should come live with me in Memphis," Georgia told her cousin, her Southern drawl sounding loud and clear. "We have a good music school there and my apartment is huge. You'd be livin' with family and y'all could come and go as you pleased. I bet with your talent, you could get work as a session musician so you could support yourself."

That suggestion went over like a lead balloon with Donna. To Steve and his daughter, it seemed like the perfect solution. Candy would still be pursuing her education, but away from Donna and her constant negative opinions. Candy would be able to spread her wings and perhaps become the person she was meant to be. Candy herself had other reasons.

She adored her sweet and sexy cousin Georgia. She found the tall, leggy brunette to be what the poets would have called a "blithe spirit". She was a lovely young woman wore a perpetual smile and any negativity her uncle's wife threw in her direction was shrugged off like water on a duck's back. Georgia's mother and Donna were not close. At times, Candy almost thought it seemed like her aunt and her mom were in competition for her daddy's affections, which was ridiculous. Anyone with eyes could see that Steve loved his wife and daughter very much.

"I think I'd like that, Daddy," Candy said to her father. "Sooner or later, a bird has to fly from the nest. Besides, it might give you and mother a chance to put the spark back in your love life," she said, giving her daddy a playful nudge.

There was an underlying reason that Candy chose not to reveal to her family. In her room the previous evening, Georgia had told her what she could look forward to. "If y'all want to have a bit of fun while you're staying with me, I know a lot of sexy guys that would flip over a little bit of honey like you," she said to her cousin. "Or some pretty girls, if that's how y'all play the game."

"Girls?!" Candy gasped. "I've never even thought about it; don't tell me that you have?"

"Darlin', I've more thanthought about it," Georgia said, her smile coming as easily as her drawl. "I have a lot of fun and don't deny myself anything that feels good. Girls feel good and smell good and we're so creative in bed. Shugah, y'all can do whatever you want while you're livin' with me and these lips will stay sealed."

"What about Aunt Paige? Surely word must get back to her?" Candy asked.

"Don't y'all worry about Momma," Georgia smiled brightly as she got undressed and readied for bed. With the moonlight streaming in behind her, it was easy for Candy to see the slender beauty of her cousin's body.She could have modeled for magazines, Candy thought. "Momma knows how to keep a secret and believe me; she's got more than a few of her own."

Candy wondered just what her cousin could be referring to, but decided not to pry. After some finagling with her parents, it was agreed that she would be allowed to move to Memphis and live with her fancy-free cousin. Candy was looking forward to it; she needed some adventures before settling down. She sensed that Georgia would be more than happy to help her find them.

Georgia sure was. The first suggestion she had was for her cousin to go shopping. "If y'all want to be a star baby, you've got to dress like one. You've got some nice clothes, but we should throw out all the rest of that godawful stuff your Momma bought for you. Y'all have a great, hot body and you need to show it off to make it big in this town."

The clothing store that Georgia took her cousin to had some of the most outrageous clothes that Candy had ever seen in her life. "Some of these clothes are so trashy!" She protested to her attractive cousin.

"Oh yeah shugah, but we're goin' to skip those ones and go for slutty!" Georgia told her as she got out her credit card. "You are one hot girlie and when you're on stage, they want to be listenin' to your lyrics and thinking about taking you to bed. Like Madonna and Britney and Christina and Beyonce. You ready, baby girl?"

Candy looked at the vast array of naughty clothes in front of her. Some of them were the most revealing and daring things she had ever seen in her life. She couldn't possibly expose herself like that -- could she?

The two girls walked around the store and each item her cousin picked up for her seemed to be more scandalous than the next. "You're going to bankrupt me with all of these clothes!" She protested to her cousin. "I have to make all of my money last as long as I'm living with you!"

"Relax shugah, I've got lots of money of my own, so it's all on me," Georgia grinned. "Call this a housewarming gift. Darlin', we're just getting warmed up. Ah, here comes Felecia now!"

The two of them were being approached by a tall, sensual platinum blonde who gave off the vibe of a total vamp. In appearance and attitude, the woman seemed confident and utterly irresistible. Candy's heart fluttered a bit as the woman got closer and she inhaled her perfume. Her eyes were as blue as ice and her hair was so blonde that it almost appeared white at first glance.

The ice-blue eyes assessed Candy from head to toe before she turned and kissed Georgia. There was a slight hint of affection in the kiss and it lingered a while. Candy wondered about her cousin's relationship with the delicious blonde.

"May I assume that this is the cousin I've heard so much about?" Felecia smiled as she stood dangerously close to Georgia. If Georgia was uncomfortable with the older blonde's familiarity, it did not show on her face or in her actions.

"Yeah, this is Candy," Georgia smiled. She seemed to take a bit of pleasure in her cousin's being slightly uncomfortable when Felecia embraced her. "Don't mind Felecia shugah, she's a touchy-feely type of person," she laughed at Candy.

"It looks like you bought half my store," Felecia commented as they walked towards the front cash register. "Not that I mind making a sale this large."

"I'm sure y'all will give me the appropriate discount," Georgia smiled, playing up her Southern charms to the hilt. Candy had noticed the absence of an accent with the alluring blonde.

Georgia picked up on that. "Felecia's from California," she said to her cousin. "She moved here about 5 years ago and started her business."

"I was just one more blonde in a sea of them," Felecia said to Candy. Candy could scarcely believe that because with her height, figure and striking good looks, the woman would have stood out in a sea of blondes. Not only that, in skin-tight black leather corset, pants and high heels, there was an imposing beauty to her that was impossible to ignore. "I decided to make the money I got from two divorces work for me," she laughed. "Are you girls hungry? One of the perks of owning a business is that I can go to lunch whenever the hell I want."

Candy didn't want to take up too much of the woman's time, but Felecia insisted. Georgia was wearing an amused smile on her face and Candy wondered what was going through her cousin's mind. If only she had known at that time -- she would either have run or turned several shades of red!

The food at the diner was wonderful and all of the waitresses were very welcoming. They all seemed to know Felecia and Georgia quite well and Candy couldn't be 100% sure, but it seemed as if some of the girls were flirting with the pair of beauties. "Nothin' wrong with being noticed by another gal, shugah," Georgia smiled as the trio lunched. "Most times, it's another gal that notices the finer details, right Felecia?"

"I would agree with that," Felecia smiled, leaning over so that she could give a nice view of her cleavage. "I'd say that half of my sales are made to women who want to look hot when they go out with their girlfriends. Women dress for women, theyundress for men," she teased.

"Not entirely, some of us undress forwomen too," Georgia purred, almost causing her shyer cousin to choke on her coffee. Candy supposed that she was going to have to get used to her cousin's bold attitude. She knew it would be for the better, that Georgia had her best interests at heart. She was so looking forward to the adventure she was about to undertake and improving her dull-as-dishwater social life.

"How long are you planning to stay with us?" Felecia asked as she looked over at the desserts. With her gorgeous figure, she appeared to be the type of woman who didn't need to worry about calories. Candy thought to herself with a giggle that she probably worked them off.

"Candy's going to be rooming with me for at least a year while she goes to music school," Georgia explained.

"Wow baby, with your social life, she's going to get an entirely different kind of education," Felecia joked as they finished their lunch.

"Why do you think I'm changing up her wardrobe?" Georgia shot back. "I love my auntie, but she makes a nun look like a swinger."

"I know the type," Felecia sighed. "Funny thing is, a lot of them were real hotties when they were younger. Candy had to stifle a gasp because Felecia had hit the nail right on the head. She hoped that with her being so far away, her parents could recapture the physicality of their relationship.

"Do you have a job to help pay the bills while you're here?" Felecia asked as they walked the short distance back to her shop. Candy could see that the three beauties were attracting an audience and she just decided to enjoy it.

"Felecia, you are an evil woman," Georgia smirked. "Y'all aren't getting your claws into my cousin, at least, not yet. I was thinkin' perhaps she could dance at Shakers."

Candy blanched. She loved to dance and enjoy herself, but she wasn't ready to be working in a strip club! What was her cousin thinking?

"Relax hon, it isn't a strip club, it's a bar with entertainment," Georgia told her. "If y'all have ever seen the movieCoyote Ugly, it's a lot like that, only a bit more racy. Y'all could work there on Friday and Saturday nights and earn enough to pay your bills for a week, with some left over. I know the owner, she's a friend -- interested?"

Candy nodded although she wasn't quite sure she had the moves to pull it off. "Relax sweetie," Felecia laughed. "With your looks, Lulu won't care if you do a polka up there."

The two women explained to Candy that Lulu was the owner of the club and she was a real character. "She's married, but she cheats -- a lot," Georgia laughed. "It don't bother her husband none, he gets all he can handle and she only swings with the gals. Now, don't y'all worry if she makes a pass at you, I'll come along and let her know you don't swing that way. She loves making money even more than she loves girls, y'all will be fine."

Candy wasn't too sure of that and the more clothes piled on the counter, the more her butterflies increased. They were sexy, to be sure, but outrageous as sin. Things her mom would never have allowed her to wear. "Aunt Donna isn't here, babydoll," Georgia purred. "Y'all are going to get to kick up your heels while you're livin' with me. Hey Felecia, do y'all think we should take this girl out tonight and show her off to some good lookin' gals and fellas?" She laughed.

"Now who's being evil?" Felecia sighed. "I haven't had a night out like that in ages. Are you suggesting we pull out all of the stops?" Georgia nodded "yes" and Candy saw Felecia's smile go wide. She wondered what was going on between the two of them, what kind of conspiracy were they hatching? She had to know, Georgia's reputation preceded her.

"Just what are you two evil creatures dragging me into?" Candy demanded to know. Georgia and Felecia looked at each other and both now wore the smile. Candy felt a chill go through her as if she should be afraid of the answer.

"There is a club we go to when we want to kick up our heels," Felecia told her. "They have an almost-anything goes attitude. You can wear some of your new clothes there and if you don't walk out of there with a few phone numbers, you're doing something wrong."

The three women made quite the spectacle when they walked in that evening. They were all wearing clothes that might have got them arrested in Candy's home town. Candy looked around and was astonished at all of the sights and sounds. There were couples that were almost having sex on the dance floor -- and not all of those couples were male / female! "Did you two bring me to a gay bar?" Candy asked, trying to control her anger.

"Nothing like that," Felecia smiled as an attractive hostess led them to a semi-private booth. "This is a club that your cousin and I are very comfortable with. They're very supportive of alternative lifestyles, such as gay, lesbian or transgendered. Everyone here is very sexy and non-judgmental."

Once Candy allowed herself to relax, she began to enjoy herself. The music, food and drink were all superb and the servers were all gorgeous. The spectacle that the crowd itself put on was really very sexy. She rationalized that she should just enjoy it as part of her new, adventurous life. There was only one minor problem with all of this and that was that the activities she was witnessing were making her incredibly horny!

The three lovelies were more than a bit tipsy, so they took a taxi and went back to Felecia's home, as it was closest. Candy almost gasped when she saw Felecia's home as it reminded her very much of Tara in "Gone with the Wind".

"I like to live large," Felecia grinned as they went inside. "Make yourself comfortable, Georgia and I are going to bed."

BrettJ
BrettJ
4,739 Followers
12