Summers at Silver Lake

Story Info
Over a number of summers, two friends become much more.
3.8k words
4.51
32.6k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BrettJ
BrettJ
4,743 Followers

Denise Parrish walked down the lane that went from her family's cottage and led to Silver Lake. Every school year, the young woman looked forward to spending her summer here. It was a refuge for Denise, a place of calm and tranquility and beauty. Even now, the foliage and the gentle breezes were wafting the stresses of the past year away.

Her family had owned the cottage ever since Denise could remember, even though "cottage" was no longer an apropos term for the place. Denise's parents had work done every year on the spacious lot and the cottage itself. It was now fully winterized and had all of the amenities. Denise knew full well that her mother dreamed of living here when her father retired from his veterinary practice. Burt was not going to love the locale as much as his wife did; he was very much a city boy. It was the reason that he had installed a satellite dish that got all the channels. Denise knew that her daddy wasn't going to live all the way out here if he couldn't enjoy TV.

Denise was very much a blending of both of her parents. She was born ten years after the rest of her siblings and was very much a surprise to Anita and her husband. Without siblings as playmates, Denise learned at an early age to occupy herself. Books were her constant playmates, much like her mother, although she also liked the arts the way that her daddy did. She was a very sensitive child who enjoyed nature and animals, while still enjoying the shopping that life in the big city offered. She was a very feminine girl who could still play sports with the boys and knew as much about them as her older brothers did.

Denise was an outcast in school though. She did try to fit in and she failed in her attempts. Because she had taught herself to read before entering kindergarten, she came across as too smart for her contemporaries. Because she wasn't afraid to play sports with the boys, the girls wanted nothing to do with her. Because she was a girl, the boys didn't want much to do with her either. That went on for a good number of years, well into the period where Denise entered high school. When change did come, it was far too slow to make Denise comfortable in her own skin.

The bright and articulate young girl was an outcast and as if that was not enough, she started a growth spurt that made her taller than the few friends she had been able to make. By the 8th Grade, Denise was the tallest girl in her class. Gangly and brainy, she spent many a recess with her nose buried in a book. For the socially inept Denise, this was her only option.

Her salvation came each summer from the time Denise turned ten. A few doors down from her parents' cottage was the Sullivan cottage. It was the most beautiful home on the entire lake and had been for several generations. The Sullivan family were in the publishing business, several of the books Denise herself owned had been published by their company. So when a tall, lanky boy a few years older than Denise wandered by one sunny afternoon, he was heard to comment "My family published that book".

Denise looked up from the book, as if in awe that anyone was actually speaking to her. Deciding that she had better make sure that someone was, in fact, beginning a conversation with her, she lifted her emerald-green eyes from her tome and looked up at the first boy she had seen in some time who just so happened to be taller than she. "I beg your pardon?" She said shyly, not wanting to embarrass herself of this young stranger.

She looked up at a very tall, slightly-awkward looking young man with wavy dark hair and thick spectacles. In his red and white striped shirt and baggy blue jeans, he looked -- Denise hated the word because it had been thrown at her so often -- but he did lookgeeky. Still, on further inspection, he had sensitive brown eyes and a friendly, inviting smile.

"I'm Vince Sullivan," the young man said as he extended his arm to introduce himself. "My family, our company published that book. My great-grandfather started the company and my dad runs it now. Did you check that one out of the library?" He asked Denise about the massive book she had been immersed in.

"No, no, it's mine," Denise had answered, holding up the book to show her signature on the opening page. She saw Vince's eyes widen when he saw the signature.

"Wow, that's so cool," he said back to her. "That's a very expensive book, it costs almost $75. How did someone your age manage to afford it?"

Denise had always had a fair sense of ingenuity and an entrepreneurial spirit. "I saved up all my allowance, used money from birthdays and Christmas and I got a paper route," she boasted. "I have lots of books, I love to read. I saw this book on mythology in the library and knew I had to have it."

"I have one too, the deluxe edition," Vince smiled at her.

"There's adeluxe edition?" Denise asked, her own eyes now wide as saucers.

"Sure, it has a lot more illustrations and an embossed dust jacket," he responded. "Wanna see?"

"Sure!" Denise's normal reticence around strangers was immediately forgotten as the two kids ran to the Sullivan home. She could have been a librarian, her love for books often overtook her common sense. The Sullivan home proved to be a treasure trove for the shy young girl. More of a chalet than her parents' place, the library was covered with a wealth of books that far exceeded anything Denise could ever have imagined. She let Vince act as her tour guide and by the day's end, she and Vince were fast friends. Her new pal owned far more books, but Denise had an amount of retention that stunned Vince, and later, his family. Like Vince, they took an instant liking to Denise and she was told she was welcome at any time. Denise took them at their word and there were few days from then on that you didn't find Denise and Vince at each other's side. The two families became close. By summer's end, the kids were heartbroken at being separated. However, it was impossible to keep them together. The Sullivan family wintered in Manhattan while Doctor Parrish had to return to his veterinary practice. Their children promised to keep in touch.

No one would have predicted it, save for the kids themselves. They kept in touch several times a week by E-Mails. Both Vince and Denise also loved to write letters, long letters that talked of various things. Vince loved to receive letters from his friend. Several of them were almost stories, replete with illustrations. Any fool could tell that this kind of work was Denise's forte and he began to actively encourage her to pursue a career as an author and illustrator. "Wouldn't it be neat if one day, my family's company published one ofyour books?" He said by way of encouragement.

Denise's family noticed something about her friendship with Vince. If they told her something or praised her, she took no heed. If Vince told her she was cute or had talent, she believed it. To Denise, if Vince said so, it had to be true. Her best friend would never,ever lie to her.

Denise's parents could see it, her confidence was growing. Each summer that they returned to Silver Lake, Denise almost assumed a different persona. She became more girlish and extroverted. Vince said she was smart and funny and cute, so she believed him. In the eleventh grade, with Vince's encouragement, she ran for Student Council -- and won by a landslide. She still wasn't the most popular girl in school, but by then, she had some friends and a fair number of supporters. She ran a campaign that outlined all the changes she intended to make and to no one's surprise, she was able to institute a lot of them.

What did surprise her parents was the fact that Denise decided to go to Senior Prom. By now, she was starting to come into her own. She remembered walking down the hall one spring afternoon. It was a very warm day, so she had decided to wear a skirt she had purchased the previous summer. It was a lovely skirt and fit her nicely -- rather, it had. She had experienced a growth spurt that year and now stood at almost 5'11" tall.

"Holyshit, is that Denise Parrish?"

"Holyfuck, would I like a piece of that!"

"Itold you that bitch was hot, man!"

"You never said nothing, butday-um, she is one sexy lady!"

Denise smiled to herself, although she did catch some flak from the administration for wearing a skirt that short. She didn't care because now people were noticing her. Her parents threw the note in the trash and smiled at her. The next day, the phone started ringing. By the end of the school year, she had become popular. She had several invitations to prom, but there was only one person she wanted to go with. She sent him an E-Mail and waited aneternity for Vince to reply.

Actually, it was more like 5 minutes, but when you're an eager 17-year old, every second can seem like an eternity. He told Denise he would be delighted and that his parents were sparing no expense. Denise was thrilled and hoped that her friends wouldn't tease her too much about her date. If they did, she decided that she would drop some subtle little hints about Vince's successful family. Yes, it was superficial, but she didn't want him embarrassed in any fashion. He was who he was and she adored him for that. If he was a bit socially awkward, it didn't matter. He always had her back, Denise would have his.

That didn't prove to be necessary. Vince picked up his date in a stretch limousine, he had been in town for a few days and refused to allow Denise to see him. She might not have recognized him if she had. He was wearing a beautiful tuxedo and the usual mess that was his hair had been neatly styled. He had foregone his usual glasses for contact lenses and he was smiling a lot. Instead of his "geeky" persona, he looked now like a semi-attractive college professor. He had even been thoughtful enough to bring a corsage. Of course, she was thrilled to see him, yet she still couldn't believe the changes. It was obvious to Denise that university had been kind to her best friend. They chatted all the way there and Denise couldn't help but enjoy a sense of satisfaction when some of the other girls at the prom tried to pry him away for a dance. It wasn't going to happen, Vince stayed by her side the entire evening. He was properly attentive, complimenting her on the lovely silver gown she had chosen to wear and how pretty she looked. She couldn't believe it when they started dancing, where had he learned to move this well? All evening, Vince kept pulling rabbits from out of an imaginary top hat. The prom was everything she had hoped for and more. Denise thought she might have to spend the entire summer at the lake thinking of ways to thank him for this night.

Vince didn't need a lot of thanking. He hadn't attended his own prom, so this was a bonus for him. Besides, all his poor brain could manage to summon up was how gorgeous Denise looked that night. He was always trying to convince her that she was far more than she believed herself to be. After tonight, he would have proof.

Something unusual occurred after that. For the remainder of that summer, neither Denise nor Vince were as "together" as they had been in the past. They saw each other, of course, and spent time together, yet they weren't inseparable. Their parents questioned both of them and got similar responses. The kids didn't know why they weren't spending as much time together, they justweren't.

This summer was going to be different, Denise promised herself that. She had an entire year of university to share with her best friend, a year of new experiences and even, a brief romance. It had already ended, because Warren, her one-time boyfriend, had accepted a job flying helicopter for a large oil firm. Still, it was a now mature and different Denise that couldn't wait to share her life experiences with Vince. For the entirety of her drive to Silver Lake, Denise was on pins and needles.

"Denise?"

"Vince?"

The two best friends just stood across from each other and stared. To Denise, this experience felt as if she was living in one of those science-fiction novels she had enjoyed reading, the ones where a character shifts into a parallel universe. She wondered what Vince was thinking.

Vince wasn't sure hecould think. It had been an entire year since the prom and Denise looked so much different than she had and she had appeared so much different then. Now she had the beauty of aPlayboy centerfold, with blonde hair down to her waist and a body he could not have described no matter how hard he tried. In a barely-there bikini, this Denise projected a confidence and beauty he had never seen in her before.

Denise was trying to adjust to the fact that Vince was now a bit taller than she was and -- she would never have thought it possible -- handsome. He still looked like an academic, but he was now broad-shouldered and in terrific shape. He carried himself with pride and an entirely different manner than she was used to.

"You CHANGED!" The two friends broke out laughing as they said the same thing at the same time.

"It's been quite a year for me," Denise smiled as they walked down the lane to their favorite spot. "I had another growth spurt, I made the honor roll, I've had a few -- adventures," she told him. "I couldn't wait to see you and describe it all, but when I saw you -- WOW! Your letters didn't say anything about this."

"After our experience at the prom last year, I decided that I needed to improve myself a little bit more," Vince explained. "My university has a state of the art gym, so I started going a half hour every day, six days a week," Vince smiled. "When I started getting stares from some of the coeds, I knew that I had to be doing something right, so I kept at it. I wanted to keep it a surprise for you."

"But, why wouldn't you tell me?" Denise questioned. "Why keep something so wonderful such a huge surprise?"

"I honestly don't think I knew myself, not until now, not until I got another look at you," Vince answered as they sat down. He took his best friend's hands in his own. "I just figured it out, right now. I'm in love with you. I think I always have been, since we were kids. It makes sense to me, you know?"

Denise understood completely, because the minute that the words had left Vince's mouth, her heart had gone into overdrive. It didn't flutter, it thundered like a freight engine. She was in love with him as much as he was with her. She threw herself into Vince's strong arms and didn't leave until she could no longer breathe from the intensity of their first passionate kiss.

"I'm in love with you, too," Denise finally spoke. "Huh, funny how I didn't know that until now. How could two such smart people be so dumb?"

Vince laughed gently and smiled at Denise. She still had not let go of his hand. "I don't know, but what do we do now?"

Denise squeezed her boyfriend's hand -- it was so weird to think of him that way -- and gave him an enigmatic grin. "I think I have a couple of ideas about what to do. Why don't you follow me?"

Vince certainly wasn't going to object to following a tall, leggy blonde in an itsy-bitsy bikini. They walked along the private beach until they reached a small, secluded alcove. "Take off your swimming trunks," she said to him as she finally let go of his hand.

"Huh? Why?"

"Smart guy, another dumb question. We're going to have sex. We're going to make love, that's what couples who are in love with each other do," Denise laughed sweetly. "Unless you haven't ...?"

Vince waved his hands. "No, no, I've had some experiences," he told his new girlfriend. "It isn't any of my business if you ..."

"I've had a very interesting year," Denise smiled. Never in a million years would she ever have thought she would lead the life her roommate Rebecca had helped her discover. Now she believed that her redheaded friend was correct, everything happened for a reason. She removed her own bikini and felt a wondrous thrill go through her as Vince saw her totally naked for the first time.

"No tan lines?" Denise shook her head, another suggestion of Becca's. She was mesmerized by her boyfriend's solid body, but his cock -- holy fuck, hiscock! Vince would be the biggest man she had ever been with and somehow, that seemed fitting. She threw herself back into his arms and kissed him with a fury that made their first kiss seem chaste. Like in an old movie, they tumbled to the ground and rolled around in the sand and wrung passion from each other's lips.

"Wow, now I wish that I had waited," Vince panted as Denise broke their kiss.

Denise shook her head as she remembered Rebecca's words. "Don't be, all of our past experiences brought us to this moment," she paraphrased. "We're going to be fantastic together because we both have a past. I'm going to make our first time together something you won't ever forget." Vince just stared up at the blonde who was on top of him and took in the totality of her. It was already something he wouldn't ever forget, how could she make it better?

He soon got his answer. Her mouth encircled his cock and her tongue worked magic, all the way from the base to the crown. Her hands cupped his balls and every so often, she would squeeze them. Vince had to think of Shakespeare quotes and other random things to keep himself from cumming. When she swung her lean and sexy body around, Vince was finally back on equal footing. As his girlfriend sucked on his cock, he began to work on her pink, shaved pussy. It was perfect and prominent, giving him a lot to work with. He licked down the length and swirled his tongue around it so that he could take in the flavor of Denise. It was sweet, slightly pungent and as perfect as the rest of her. Both of them were shaking a bit as they made love orally for the first time. Vince found himself wondering that if the preliminaries were this good, how great was the main event going to be?

Not all the "thees and thous" in the world could have kept Vince from cumming after Denise had started her work. It didn't make much difference, because she was diligent in her pursuit. Her own orgasms were multiple, although she couldn't quite vocalize with a mouthful of cock. She thought it was around 3 when she got Vince stiff and hard again. She moved away from him and stood up for a moment so that he could look at her. One look spoke volumes. Vince was still panting, yet he was ready for action. There was no time like the present.

"Can we do it my favorite way for our first time?" Denise asked him. Vince was still gasping for breath, so he just nodded. If she had asked him to hang upside down from a tree, he might have agreed with her. Instead, she pushed him flat on his back and straddled him. She lowered herself on to his cock with a series of sexy wiggles combined with passionate grunts and groans. Once she was where she wanted to be, Denise proceeded to take the ride of her life. Yes, she was making love to someone she loved, but she was also fucking his brains out. Rebecca had often praised the merits of doing both at once because she said it kept the man coming back for more and faithful. It also kept Denise's needy pussy filled with cock and the slow burn that she felt inside thrilled her. She gave Vince everything she had and when she saw that he could take all of that, she reached down into her gut and brought more to the game. The harder Denise fucked Vince, the more he seemed to give back. Strong hands gently manipulated her body as she rode him, grinding herself furiously against his muscular frame. They had both reached the perfect culmination of lovemaking and fucking and there was no stopping them now!

Denise wasn't being quiet and she wondered if someone might wander along and discover them. It didn't really bother her, although she wondered about her boyfriend. She wondered if Vince had any hidden kink deep inside.Oh well, she had plenty of time to find out and that thought spurred her on even more. Vince was going to have to learn that as far as the new Denise went, anything and everything was fair game! Her body shook as another orgasm surged through her and she saw that Vince wasn't far from climax himself. When it was his time to cum, she would take all of him down her throat, the way that she had learned to. She couldn't wait to show him all of the things she had learned over the past year. What a summer it was going to be for the two young lovers. Not only that, Denise had lined up some great things before she he had even known any of this was going to happen. The summer that Denise had believed was going to be fun was now going to be great. She couldn't wait to experience every little thing with her brand new boyfriend. As she urged him to cum, a playful thought flitted through her mind. She really hoped that Vince and Rebecca would hit it off!

BrettJ
BrettJ
4,743 Followers