The Cuckold's Son

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This lack of involvement was a source of gossip and interests among soldiers both male and female, commissioned and non-commissioned. Was Sergeant Dale Lee gay or straight, or was he asexual; not desirous of either sex. How could someone as tall and handsome as Dale Lee not have any interests in any of the women (enlisted or officers) who constantly circled around him vying for his attention. It was a mystery. His nickname among the other NCOs was the monk.

Dale had been able to complete his college education during the course of his six-year enlistment. It is astounding how much someone can accomplish when they have no personal life. Like baseball great Mickey Mantle had said in interviews, it wasn't the sex that exhausted him, it was staying up all night chasing it. If you have made the decision to live a monk's existence, then you can get a lot done. Dale had not only received a BS degree in Organizational Management, he had completed one semester towards his MS when the OCS board recommendation came through advancing his army career.

While many of the BOCs (Basic Officer Candidates) were bemoaning the restrictions that would be placed upon them (no off-post passes! no cell phones!) Dale was looking forward to the total immersion experience that the next twelve weeks would entail. Even if at the end of the ninety-days all he had to show for it was a butterbar and the sobriquet, "90-day Wonder."

D-Day + 8 Years

Captain Dale Lee was exhausted as he walked across the tarmac. This had been his fifth tour of the sandbox in eight years and his second as an officer. His first tour had been in Iraq, but subsequent tours had all been in Afghanistan. Dale had become fluent in Dari, the Persian based language spoken by three-quarters of Afghan. He was also conversant in Pashto, the other language spoked by Afghanis. The army had denied his request to attend the Defense Language Institute in Monterrey, California so on his own dime and own time, Dale had taken language lessons off post. This had made Dale a favorite among the Afghanis and had ultimately led to a medal which Dale was not sure he had earned and not sure that he wanted. It had also necessitated Dale returning from Afghanistan by way of LRMC, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, outside of Ramstein Air Base in Germany.

Dale almost missed the curb as he approached the terminal. Both his peripheral vision and depth perception were works in progress as he now faced the challenges of living life with only one eye. The black eye patch covered the cavity that had contained his left eye but the thin, angry pink scar that traversed his face from above his eyebrow to his cheek bone, gave evidence of what had happened.

At Bagram, Dale had overhead a heated conversation between two laborers as he walked towards the mess hall. He had made out the Pashto word for "attack" and was immediately on guard. As he turned to face the laborers, he realized that they had been joined by three other Afghanis that were tasked with keeping the Bagram airfield clean. Dale was pulling his pistol as one of the laborers swung his knife downward. The curved blade of a pesh-kabz, the traditional knife of the Afghani hill tribes had slashed across his face destroying his left eye before Dale could draw his M18 and fire point-blank into the chest of his Afghani attacker. One-eyed, with blood pouring down his face; M18 in his right hand and the captured pesh-kabz in his left; Dale was a fearsome sight. One of the Afghani's had a stocky build rather than the lean build of the hill country warriors like the other three. As the stocky fighter fumbled the object dangling from his side, Dale slashed downward, cutting off the man's hand before he could grasp the detonator for the explosive vest he wore. The quick and deadly skirmish along the side of the airfield had been witnessed by several people and was the reason for Dale's detour to Washington D.C.

To receive the Medal from the President.

They say you don't win the Medal of Honor; you earn it. President Harry S. Truman had famously said, "I would rather have the blue band of the Medal of Honor around my neck than to be President of the United States." Dale would have preferred to have both eyes. He would have even preferred to remain a combat qualified line-officer. But none of that was possible now. There's no place for a one-eyed solder in combat.

However, Dale was under orders. Stand tall. Be proud and let the president say his piece and put the Medal around your neck. Then salute and be polite to any and all well-wishers. Only then could he politely make his exit towards Fort Cavasos.

The Medal did have one huge benefit for Dale. It bumped him to the top of the FLEP list. The Funded Legal Education Program only accepted on average of twenty-five soldiers per year. The fact that Dale had completed both his BS and MS degrees was not enough to guarantee him a slot. The Medal had assured him of a FLEP slot and acceptance to the University of Texas at Austin School of Law. He was finally going to UT.

+++

D-Day + 10 Years

Major Dale Lee of the US Army's Judge Advocate General's Corps, Fort Cavasos was reading a motion by a civilian defense attorney that charges be dropped against his client. The soldier, Private First-Class Ronald Hawkins had been involved in an altercation at a 24-hour breakfast restaurant three nights ago. PFC Hawkins had noticed his civilian girlfriend, Janika Washington, trading looks across the restaurant with one Devonte Allan, a private in the motor pool of the Headquarters Battalion of the 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 1st Cavalry Division.

PFC Hawkins, himself a soldier in the "Black Knights", the 5th Cavalry Regiment of the1st Cavalry, took exception to his girlfriend's flirtation with PVT Allan and got into an argument with Ms. Washington in which he expressed his displeasure with her actions. In response, Ms. Washington had told PFC Hawkins to "take his 'country ass' back home to Alabama." Ms. Washington had then left PFC Hawkins' table and joined PVT Allan and his associates at their table, sitting in PVT Allan's lap. As PFC Hawkins had walked by Ms. Washington and PVT Allan, he had stated, "You can have her. I don't need some chickenhead from Tyler, TX holding me back." This comment served to enrage Ms. Washington who in turn persuaded PVT Allan to attack PFC Hawkins.

In the ensuing chaotic and short-lived skirmish, PVT Allan wound up with a broken nose and a cracked orbital bone around his left eye. Ms. Washington had received a black eye, which had been caused when PVT Allan drew back his fist to throw a punch at PFC Hawkins, accidentally striking Ms. Washington in the eye. PVT Allan's injuries were sustained when Ms. Washington attempted to jump on PVT Allan's back for leverage to attack PFC Hawkins, driving PVT Allan face-first into the door jamb of the entrance to the restaurant. PFC Hawkins had just stood there watching PVT Allan and Ms. Washington.

In explaining his part in the melee, PFC Hawkins had said, "they was kicking they own asses. They didn't my help."

PFC Hawkins was arrested anyway and it was left to JAG to decide whether to pursue an article 15 for non-judicial punishment or the more serious courts-martial. Or dismiss all charges against PFC Hawkins who had, until the incident with Ms. Washington, been an exemplary soldier.

Major Lee had just signed the order dismissing all charges against PFC Hawkins when he received a call from the MP manning the front gate advising him that he had a Colonel Tom Burton wanting to meet with him.

Dale did not know a Colonel Tom Burton nor did he have any meetings on his calendar, but he did have availability today so advised the sentry to escort Colonel Burton to the JAG office.

When the visitor walked through the door of Dale's office, he did not know what to make of the man. Tall, with good features and a full head of mostly black hair with some gray mixed in. He had the bearing of a military officer but rather than a military uniform, he was wearing a suit with a clerical collar.

The visitor extended his hand and said, "Major Lee, I'm pleased to meet you. I'm Tom Burton, Lieutenant Colonel, US Army Chaplain Corps, retired."

"Do you prefer to be addressed as Colonel Burton or Reverend Burton," Dales asked after they were both seated.

"Actually, I'd prefer Tom. I'm hoping we can be friends."

Dale looked curiously at the older man. "Okay...why do you want to be my friend."

Tom rested his elbow on the arms of his chair and steepled his fingers in front of his face and paused before replying, "because I'm married to Madeline Burton, the former Madeline Lee. Your mother."

Dale shot to his feet. "Mister Burton, please leave now or I'll have the MPs escort you off post."

Tom remained seated. "Major, I was the officiant at General Dobb's wedding. I baptized all three of his children. Either we have a nice chat and then I go away, or I call the post commander and ask him to order you to speak with me. One of those choices gets you noticed by a 3-star, and not in a good way. Even with that Medal, which by the way, much respect to you for earning, I don't think you want to be on his shit list."

Dale sat down. He was not happy, but he was willing to give Mr.? Reverend? Colonel? Whatever he was, Burton a few minutes of his time if that would get him out of his office and on his way.

"She's not my mother. She's the person that gave birth to me. I've had no contact with either her or the man that was once my father for a decade. I'm not going to have contact with them and I have no interest in them, their lives or their spouses. Now, was there something else or does that satisfy your chat demand?"

Tom smiled. "I knew that this wasn't going to be easy. Just give me a little more time. I take it you didn't know your parents were divorced?"

Dale shook his head no. "I haven't had contact with anyone from my former life. I walked away and never looked back. They were dead to me and I just assumed that I was dead to them."

"Not even close. You leaving like you did devasted your mother. She tried to kill herself by overdosing on Xanax. It was a miracle that she was discovered. A young lady that I believe you know, Faith Nelson had dropped by to check on Maddy. She found Maddy unconscious and more dead than alive. Maddy owes Faith her life. And I owe Faith more than I can ever repay."

Dale closed his eyes and exhaled. "How is Faith?"

Tom shook his head. "None of your concern. You left her. She's happy and well and that's all I'm telling you about her."

"That's fair," Dale said. "I ran away. I get it."

"It's not just that you ran away. It's that you cut everyone that loved you out of your life. I'm not going to say that it caused your parent's divorce, but it didn't help their marriage."

"So, eight years, huh. How are things in Dallas?"

"I wouldn't know," Tom said. "I've lived in Austin ever since I retired from the army. Maddy moved here a decade ago for a fresh start after her suicide attempt. She began attending the church for which I'm senior pastor. We've been married for eight years now."

"Maddy Lee, a pastor's wife..." Dale looked at Tom. "Do you know why I left home? Did she tell you what happened? What she did? What they did?"

Tom nodded his head. "She told me everything. In excruciating detail. I know more about your father's kinks and fetishes than anyone, including probably him."

"Did she tell you about the video?"

"I've seen the video," Tom said.

Dale looked at Tom in surprise. "You've seen the video? And you still married her?"

"I didn't want to watch it. She insisted I watch it. Said she wouldn't marry me until I did. She had me watch it by myself and then afterward, she insisted we watch it together. She described everything that was happening in the video. Every thought that was running through her mind; everything she felt; your reaction..." Tom looked at Dale with a frown.

"Then she went into detail about what happened afterward. Her shame and despair at losing her son. Her anger at her husband for forcing his kinks upon her. Their divorce and her subsequent suicide attempt. She told me everything."

Tom paused and took a deep breath before continuing, "but that wasn't enough. She felt that if she was going to be a pastor's wife, the entire church needed to know who she was. So, one Sunday morning, she arranged to have everyone under the age of eighteen escorted out of the sanctuary and she stood in front of the church and made a full and open confession about her past. She then told the congregation that I had asked her to marry me but she was leaving it up to the church. If anyone opposed the marriage, she would leave to give me a chance to find another partner. Now keep in mind, I had been a widower for five years at this point. My first wife and I never had children and Maddy was too old for kids so all I wanted was a chance at happiness as I grew older. I closed my eyes and prayed as I had never prayed before that the congregation would let her stay. And my prayers were answered. In more ways than I could have ever hoped possible."

"Maddy Lee, a pastor's wife," Dale repeated to himself. "And it's been a good marriage? No swinging or cuckold bullshit?"

Tom smiled. "That was never your mother's thing. And it sure isn't mine. That was all Steven."

Dale's expression grew dark at the mention of his father. "What happened to dear old dad? Is he still in Dallas? Still living the cuck life?"

"From what I understand, Steven moved to California as soon as the ink was dry on the divorce. No one has heard from him since. He just disappeared. And good riddance I would say if it wasn't unchristian."

"That's quiet the turn-around for her. I'm happy for her, I guess. From where she was the last time I saw her to where she is now...good for her."

"There's one other thing," Tom said. "That thing I mentioned about my prayers being answered in ways that I never could have imagined...?"

Dale nodded his head. He had caught the comment.

"You have a brother."

Dale looked at Tom in open-mouthed surprise. "A brother? How do I have a brother? Oh, did the two of you adopt?"

Tom shook his head no. "We're still not exactly sure how it happened, but it did happen. We think it might have been some antibiotics that Maddy was on due to an impacted tooth. But at forty-four years old, Maddy gave birth. Ben is six years old now. I've seen your childhood pictures and he looks just like you did at that age. He's a smart, happy little boy."

"Does he know about me?"

"He does. He knows that he has an older brother who is away in the army keeping our country safe. He's very proud of you and tells everyone he meets all about his big brother Dale."

Dale did not catch what Tom had said at first, but when he did he looked at Tom with a hint of anger.

"Dale? He knows me as Dale and not Danny? How long has she been following me?"

Tom smiled. "She's your mother. She's always known. Within a week of you leaving home she had hired a private investigator and he had located you. She's always known exactly where you were. She even attended your graduation from UT Law and hid in the back of the audience. She was so proud of you. But she cried for days that she could not share the event with you. She wanted to reach out to you but she wanted to give you space. She knew that you did not want to have anything to do with her but she hoped that eventually you'd change your mind. At the ten-year mark she finally realized that you would never contact her. A bit of her light left when she came to that realization."

It was Tom's turn to show some anger. "When Will, your brother, turned six she told him not to ask about his brother anymore. She said that Dale had gone away and was not going to come back. That little boy's heart was broken that day. He had a serious case of hero-worship for the brother that he had never met. You are impacting my family in ways that you do not even understand or know about. That's why I'm here. I'm asking; no, I'm begging you to visit your mother."

Dale shook his head. "It's been too long and there's too much negative in the past. I don't see any point to it."

"Well then do this for me...every Tuesday she works in the church office helping finalize the church newsletter. She usually doesn't get home until after 9:00 PM. Come by our house and take a look. I'll make sure she has Will with her so it will be just the two of us. I'll show you the house and you can judge for yourself. There's a couple of things I think you'll be interested in seeing."

Dale shook his head again. "I'll think about it but don't hold your breath."

+++

D-Day 10 Years, 2 Months

Dale was surprised at how modest Tom and his mother's house was. His boyhood home had been a McMansion in Highland Park and easily dwarfed the pastor's house. He found it surprising that his mother was satisfied in such meager surroundings, much less being a pastor's wife.

Tom ushered Dale in with a big smile. "Dale, thank you for coming over. I was so happy to get your call."

"Don't get your hopes up. I'm not ready to see her and frankly, I don't know if I'll ever be ready."

"I get it. I really do. For now, let me show you around the house. I want you to see Will's room."

Will's bedroom was in many ways the typical bedroom of a six-year-old boy. There were a few zombies, werewolves and vampires in acknowledgment of the upcoming holiday. Halloween had never been a big holiday for Dale when he was a child mostly because his father had barely noticed the holiday and certainly did not have the time to take his son trick-or-treating. Dale was glad that Will was growing up with a different experience.

There were also a few soccer trophies along with a few action figures but Dale quickly detected a theme. The United States Army was heavily represented. From GI Joe action figures to army little green men. Toy tanks and jeeps were scattered across the top of his desk and nightstand. An 8x10 photo of Dale receiving the Medal from the president hung on the wall over the head of the bed.

"He's very proud of you," Todd said, pointing out Dale's photo on the wall. "Let me show you the rest of the house."

The house was just as it appeared: a modest pastor's house that appeared to be full of love and warmth. The tour ended in front of a closed door.

"I never go into this room. Your mother, Will, and a friend of your mothers are the only ones that ever go in. I've seen it of course, but this is something that your mother needs for herself. I want you to go in and I'll stay on this side. I can see inside and I'll answer any questions you have- and you will have questions."

Now very curious, Dale opened the door and entered the room and found himself staring at...himself.

The walls contained a lot of photographs of Dale. In addition to all the childhood photos of Danny (as he thought of the person from that period of time,) there were photographs of Dale graduating from basic training and later Officer's Candidate School. There were photographs of Dale graduating law school. There were framed articles about Dale's exploits in the army. But the most prominent item in the room was a life-size cutout standee of the President of the United States putting the ribbon of the Medal of Honor around Dale's neck. The scar running under Dale's eyepatch was an angry pink due to being a new scar. Next to the enlarged photo stood a small table on which sat an opened laptop computer. There were two chairs facing the standee and laptop.

Dale turned and gave Tom a questioning look while pointing at the life-sized cutout.

"The award ceremony was broadcast live on several of the cable news stations. She contracted with a video production company to have it recorded and that standee made from the recording. She won't say how much she spent and since it was her money, it's not my business anyway. Most days she'll come into this room and sit and stair at the photo. The video of you being awarded the Medal is on the laptop, queued up and ready to play. Sometimes she'll watch that. Sometimes she has Will with her; sometimes her friend will be here with her. Occasionally, all three of them will be here with Will sitting on her lap as they watch the video."