The General's Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Danny was stressed and angry when the call came over the PA that he was needed in the service drive. Fuck!!

The service customer was a hottie. Blonde ponytail, black yoga pants, Nike cross-trainers and a pink t-shirt that read AOC FOR PRESIDENT. Jesus fucking Christ, Danny thought. A fucking Barbie soccer mom. Standing a couple of feet away was a clone of Barbie playing on her cell phone. He couldn't tell if the clone was a daughter or a sister. They were both of a type. Danny plastered a smile on his face as he approached the customer.

"Hi. I'm Danny Bullard. I'm the owner. You had a problem you wanted to speak to someone about?"

"Yes. I'm Marcy Clarendon. I dropped my Suburban off a week ago because the air conditioner stopped working. Your service advisor charged me $150 to diagnose the issue and told me that the compressor was bad. She also told me I also needed to replace the..." Marcy paused as she checked her invoice, "...accumulator and orifice. She gave me an estimate of $1500 including the diagnosis." Marcy paused and that gave Danny a chance to glare at Debbie who was his only female service advisor. She studiously avoided his glare. Barbie's clone continued playing on her cell phone while Barbie took a breath.

"I authorized the repairs and two days later she called me and told me my Suburban was ready. I paid for the repairs and when I went out to the truck and started it up, the air conditioner wasn't working. I came back and spoke to your advisor," this time the customer actually pointed at Debbie. "Your advisor told me I would have to leave my Suburban but I could keep the loaner. I didn't hear from her all day so I called that afternoon to ask what was going on with my truck. She told me that the evaporator was leaking and it was going to cost me another $1500 to get it repaired." The customer waved the estimate around. "That is not acceptable. I want to know what you are going to do about it."

Danny tried to put a sympathetic look on his face. "That's unfortunate. I'm sure you realize that you can't always catch every issue the first time. Sometimes you have to fix the worst issues first and then the other issues show up."

Marcy was not having that. "I paid $150 to diagnose the reason my air conditioner was not working. If I pay you to diagnose a problem, I expect you to diagnose the problem! If your people had done their job correctly, we wouldn't be here!"

Danny tried to placate her. A hysterical female is just what he needed to cap off this shitfest of day.

"Alright, calm down and think about this rationally. It would be the same price rather we diagnosed it all at once or the way it ended up happening. You would still have to pay the same charge."

Being told to "calm down" was exactly what the she needed to hear to really get her going.

"I was willing to pay $1500 for air conditioning. I was not then, nor am I now, willing to pay $3000 to have air conditioning on an eight-year-old Suburban. I want the old parts re-installed and I want a refund!"

Danny shot a look over to Debbie who mouthed the word "gone." Danny turned to Marcy and said, "That's not possible. Your parts have been sent out for recycling. Look, I'm willing to waive the $150 diagnosis charge for you if you get the evaporator replaced. That should help some." By now, Danny's head was throbbing with a tension headache and he just wanted this day to fucking end.

"That's not acceptable. I want a refund. I want my truck restored to the condition it was when I brought it in for service. If you can't do that, then I want to speak to your boss."

Danny exhaled loudly. He had had enough. He was so done with playing service manager and his headache was so bad he was afraid he was going to stroke out. "When I said I was the owner of this dealership, what part of that statement did you think meant that I had someone that I answer to? You think Charlie Chevrolet signs my paycheck? I'm the fucking owner you dumb cunt. I have the final say and what I say goes. Pay for the evaporator or don't pay for it. I don't give a fuck one way or the other. The air conditioner in my car works just fine. I don't care if you sweat your tits off or not. But if you want to come back after hours, we'll see if we can work something out." Danny turned on his heel and strode out of the service department.

He did not see Barbie's clone smile, tap her phone screen and give Barbie a thumbs up.

Straight Flush Ranch

125 miles west of Austin, TX

Set of "The Lawyers" TV Show

Tyler had gone all out for the wrap party. Buckman's BBQ out of Fredericksburg was catering the party and you couldn't walk ten feet without passing a full beer tub. Additionally, there were two bar tents with every liquor you could think of stocked and ready to be handed out as part of Tyler's open bar. Three bands had been scheduled to play for the party. The wrap party started after the last scene was finished at two in the afternoon and would go until sometime tomorrow morning. Tyler had provided a fleet of buses to take the cast members back to their hotels or Air BnB's. Tyler's attitude was live it up, Ascendent is paying for it.

Never a much of a drinker, Jack had been nursing the same beer for an hour. Hay bales provided the seating around the stage and had been stacked so that you could sit on one bale and lean back on another. Jack was leaning back with his eyes closed and his face to the sun as he listened to the music when she sat down next to him. He knew it was Maria Elena before he even opened his eyes. A hint of sandalwood was the only scent she wore.

"You've been avoiding me for weeks now, mi general." She pronounced "general" using the Spanish pronunciation.

Jack sighed. After his on-screen kiss with Maria, Jack had practically begged Tyler to let him out of his contract. Tyler had laughed at him.

"Every time you move that girl's eyes follow you. I know you have it bad for her. I think she may have it bad for you too. I don't know what she sees in a broken-down old soldier, but goddamned you're a lucky son-of-a-bitch. So, hell no I'm not letting you out of your contract. That girl has had a tough time of it the last few years. She's come out of her shell and you're partly responsible for that. Take her to the malt shop or a sock hop or wherever you old farts go. You both deserve some happiness."

Jack was undeterred in his desire to keep away from Maria Elena. She was seventeen years younger than him. Her uncle was the king of Spain! She was internationally famous and considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. What could he offer her? A three-bedroom home in Round Rock, Texas?

He opened his eyes and turned to face Maria. She was wearing cowboy boots, jeans and a cowboy hat. She also wore a brown t-shirt with the US Army logo over her heart. Good Lord, Jack thought. She's the most beautiful creature that ever lived.

"You're right Maria. I have been avoiding you. When I'm around you, I lose all sense of who I am or what I'm doing. I don't like to lose control like that. It scares me. You scare me."

Maria smiled at Jack "You are not going to be going to war again, mi general. And after we have been married a few years, perhaps you will no longer lose control."

Jack shook his head. "I have a three-bedroom house in Round Rock, Texas. I'm a college history teacher who is temporarily living out a fantasy and getting to act on a TV show. When that's over I'll be back to teaching." He shook his head. "Maria, I'm not who you're looking for."

"Jack, I am thirty-five years old. I am a widow who lost her child while she was still in my womb. Millions of people saw my husband die. It was on television and has been replayed over and over again. I have relived his death a thousand times. Do you know what else I have relived over and over again?"

Maria looked intently at Jack who shook his head no.

"I relive the conversation I had with him the night before he died. The conversation where I told him that I would no longer look the other way regarding his affairs. I told him that after the race, I would be divorcing him." Tears were streaming down Maria's face as she poured her heart out to Jack. "He was distraught. He should have withdrawn and not raced but his stupid macho pride would not let him. And it killed him. I killed him. That is why I hid myself away for three years. I killed my husband and I killed my baby and I lost three years of my life mourning things that were not my fault and I had no control over. Jack, you are the first person that I have wanted to be with since my husband died. You Jack. No one else. I love you. I ache for you. Do not turn me away."

Jack smiled at Maria. "That sounds like a line from some cheesy TV show."

Maria smiled back. "And so it is, my husband to be."

Bullard Chevrolet

Dallas, TX

Owner's Office

"Hi Mr. Bullard. This is Cammie Carson. I'm a producer for Deadline: America. Are you familiar with our show?"

Danny's first thought was that someone was fucking with him. Of course, he was familiar with Deadline: America. It was the most watched newsmagazine type show on television.

"I know your show. What can I do for you Miss Carson?"

"We're going to do a whole series on retired athletes that have successfully transitioned into the business world. We hear too many stories about how athletes go bankrupt within a few years of leaving professional sports so we thought a series like this would make a nice counterpoint to that. Is that something you might be interested in? We would interview you and your wife on location at your home and your dealership."

Why yes; yes, he was interested. And Kathy would be over the moon.

Bullard Home

Dallas, TX

Danny and Kathy were huddled together on the sofa in front of the ninety-inch TV anxiously waiting for Deadline: America to begin. The producers had told them that the entire episode would be devoted to Danny and Kathy. The spot had been heavily promoted across TV and social media and they were almost dreading the show. The producers had declined to show them the final edit so they would see it for the first time with the rest of America.

The first part of the episode was a look back at Danny's football career; from high school through college and then into the NFL and his time as a defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears. It talked about how Danny Bullard became Danny "DaBull" in Chicago. Known for fierce, aggressive play on the field and a wild, unpredictable life off the field. It highlighted some of his better-known plays, his pro-bowl appearances and his one Super Bowl appearance with the Bears in which they lost to the Colts. The story then shifted to his trade to the Dallas Cowboys and the trouble he had gaining any sort of traction after the trade. The show implied that Dallas was conned into taking a past his prime player and that did not sit well with Danny. There were several interviews with players and coaches but for some reason, none of guys that they interviewed had a lot of nice things to say about Danny. Most were non-committal although a couple were just downright rude.

The show quickly moved to Danny's purchase of a Chevrolet dealership and his life in Dallas after football. Kathy was shocked when the interview turned to some of Danny's past romantic partners and the fact that none of them agreed to appear on camera or make a comment was telling. The next segment was devoted to Kathy Bullard. She had tap danced around and given vague answers to questions about her background. Instead, she wanted to focus on her charitable works and her upcoming stint as the co-chair of the Beef and Oil Gala. The next segment was an interview with Kathy's daughter Kelsey. Kathy was shocked to her core to see Kelsey being interviewed. How did the producers know she had a daughter? How did they find her?

Kelsey, who wore her West Point cadet's uniform explained to the interviewer who her father was and how her mother had cheated on, and then left her father for a used car salesman. The camera cutaway to a photo montage of Jack. There were photos of Jack as he rose through the officer ranks of the US Army. There were photos of Jack being awarded medals and the award citations were summarized by the host. The final Army photo showed Kathy pinning Jack's general's star on his collar. The next photo was of Jack's novel. This led into a photo montage from the set of "The Lawyers" and a clip from the TV show showcasing Jack's role. Kathy thought that Jack had a small role in the show. He was actually the star along with that Mexican girl. The final photo was Jack's official Army photo as a general officer with the voice over saying "Brigadier General (ret.) Jack McLeod refused to answer any questions about his ex-wife, saying only. 'I have nothing to say about that woman.'"

The next interview subject was Carolyn Collier, the chair of the Beef and Oil Gala. When asked about Kathy's role as the co-chair of the BOG, Carolyn laughed. "The Bullard's gave a very generous donation to the Gala this year, but that's the extent of the association. To my knowledge they are not even on the guest list." Kathy sat there in shock. Danny was in a seething rage, not only because of the pissed away $300,000, which he sorely needed now, but because he had an idea of what was coming up next.

The interviewer was walking around the service department with Danny as Danny pointed out all the state-of-the-art equipment and how they were focused on providing top notch customer service. The interviewer then asked Danny if he would comment on a video that the producers had received. Thinking he had nothing to hide, Danny said, "absolutely." And then he got fucking crucified while Kathy glared at him. That fucking clone of that fucking soccer Barbie recorded the whole fucking interaction. At least he got one question answered. The clone was the bitch's daughter. Which made the whole thing so much worse.

Bullard Chevrolet

Dallas, TX

Owner's Office

"Hi Michael. To what do I owe the honor?" Danny had to smile and put on a good face, despite the fact that he felt like killing someone. Anyone.

"Hi Danny. Listen, I'll cut right to the chase; after watching Deadline: America last night, we're calling in your override loan." He was glad Danny could not see the smile on his face. Michael did not personally know Jack McLeod, but he was an army ranger, just like Michael had been. Rangers lead the way!

"What! You can't do that! That's three-million dollars! I don't have that kind of money and besides, you don't have the right to call it. My account is in good standing with Fenix."

"According to our latest participation agreement with you we have the right to call in your loan under certain conditions. One of which is if your reputation becomes damaging to our brand, which it has. But the big one is if you lose the dealership franchise rights to sell a manufacturer's brand."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Danny shouted. We're still Bullard Chevrolet and we're going to keep being Bullard Chevrolet."

"Have you spoken to Ken Hodges today?" Michael asked. Ken Hodges was the vice-president of dealer franchise operations with Chevrolet. Although he did not actually report to Ken Hodges, he could make or break a dealership.

"No, I have not spoken to Ken fucking Hodges today." Danny was pacing around his office. His head was pounding and he was feeling sick to his stomach. He was facing away from his office door when he heard a knock at that door. He was about to angrily tell whoever it was to go the fuck away but stopped when he saw the figure standing in his doorway. He gently placed the phone receiver into its cradle and said, "Hi Ken. To what do I owe the honor?"

Bullard Home

Dallas, TX

The only thing Danny wanted was a double scotch and a little peace and quiet. What he got was a mouthy bitch with a shitty disposition.

"Did you read the list of Emmy nominations that came out today?" was the first thing out of Kathy's mouth.

Danny took a big gulp of scotch before replying. "When the fuck do you think I have time to pay attention to that sort of bullshit? I'm working eighty hours a week trying to keep that fucking place going as an independent dealer. What the fuck do I care about some fucking TV awards show?" Danny downed the rest of his scotch and made his way to the bar for a refill.

"Jack was nominated for an Emmy for best actor in a mini-series. Can you believe that? It's bad enough I missed out on a chance to be on the set while they film his book and meet all those famous actors. I blew a chance to go to an awards show because of you," she said with an angry edge to her voice.

Kathy had tears in her eyes. She didn't even have the Beef and Oil Gala to look forward to. A $300,000 donation and she was not even invited to the Gala she thought, bitterly. But the Emmys? That was almost as big as the Oscars. And she blew it. Her ex-husband was suddenly famous and all over the news for his portrayal of Robert Bonham. His novel had been re-printed and was now a best seller. She had read an article on-line last week that reported that Jack had been cast to play Hollywood heartthrob Gary Cleveland's brother in a major motion picture. She should be with Jack. She imagined the two of them going to dinner in Cannes with Gary and his glamorous attorney wife. That could have been her life. God, did she fuck up.

Emmy Awards

Microsoft Theater

Los Angeles, CA

"The Lawyers" had received a total of ten Emmy nominations. Mark Tibbs had received a nomination for best supporting actor in a mini-series; Maria Elena Montoya had received a nomination for best actress in a mini-series and in a complete shocker, retired Brigadier General Jack McLeod had received a nomination for best actor in a mini-series. No one was surprised when both Mark and Maria Elena won. Equally, no one was surprised when Jack did not win. When the winner's name was called, Jack smiled ruefully and applauded for the winner with the rest of the auditorium. He had not even bothered to write an acceptance speech.

Out of everything that happened to Jack in this whirlwind of a year, by far the best thing was the growing closeness between himself and Maria Elena. Sitting next to him in the Microsoft Theater, she looked at him adoringly and he smiled back at her. No need to say anything. They had kept their budding romanced quiet. The only person who knew about his feelings for Maria Elena was Kelsey, although out of the corner of his eye he could see Tyler smirking at him.

Kelsey was thrilled about their relationship. She wanted Jack to put a ring on it right now! Kelsey was coming home for a few weeks during the summer and wanted to get to know Maria. It had been almost two years since her parents' divorce was finalized and Kelsey had spoken to her mother only a handful of times. She had not visited her once. She needed another woman in the family.

Jack McLeod Home

Round Rock, TX

Jack was surprised to hear his doorbell ring. He spent so little time at his house he couldn't figure out how anyone knew he was home. The girls were out shopping and were not due back yet. He was going through his files and organizing things for the move when the doorbell rang. He was shocked and not a little dismayed when he opened the door and saw who his caller was.

"Kathy," he said without a hint of warmth.

"Hello Jack. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Kathy did not look well. She had a haunted look to her eyes and her complexion was pale.