The Story of Victoria and Will

Story Info
Wife wants open marriage; husband wants out.
12k words
4.29
189.4k
161
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a story that is inspired by what I read about a family in the U.S. So, it chronicles the life of a man and his wife and their children and the changes in their lives.

People sometimes, and for a wide variety of reasons, get stupid ideas, that at the time seem like good decisions to them, only to realize later that it was not such a smart idea. Sex is a very powerful motivator. If we worry too much about sex, we ultimately get stupid and make those stupid decisions. This is that kind of a story.

For those that are looking for a deep revenge story, I'm sorry to report that this is not it. That's just not how the real-world works. Most marriages that fall apart do so quietly and without much fanfare. It's a gradual process rather than a sudden event precipitated by a catastrophe. Catastrophes are often a sudden loss that is whole different thing. I know about both ways.

Enjoy the story and let me know what you think. Please be polite in your comments. I'm still learning how to be better writer.

*******

Okay, this is going to seem incredibly stupid to most of you. Hell, it sounds stupid to me, now. What the fuck was I thinking when I agreed with my wife's request that we have an open marriage?

We had fantasies about it in the bedroom for a while and had 'played' it out with our date nights a couple of times where I would pretend to pick her up at a club. It was fun and really heated-up our sex life. It was all good but like all good things it eventually got out of hand. Oh boy, did it.

My name is William Kennedy. My wife is Victoria. She hates to be called Vicky, so I and everyone that knows her stick with Victoria. I go by Will to my wife, family and friends.

Oddly, my boss at the office, who is a somewhat formal fellow likes to call me William all the time. We get along well and I enjoy what I do. I'm a lawyer for a management consulting and accounting firm. My specialty is corporate law. I put in long hours but have some flexibility and can set my own hours if I need to, and if the project I'm working on will allow for it. I have deadlines but I keep them in mind, so my boss doesn't have a problem.

Victoria works for a publishing company and spends most of her working time at home editing somebody else's writing. She can pretty much set her own hours and it allows her time to look after the needs of our three children. We have two daughters, 8 and 6 years old, and a son aged 5.

We are a normal family, with busy schedules and lots to do with the kids and their activities and trying to have some fun along the way. As a couple we try to get out at least twice a month. We don't always achieve that, but we do try.

Until recently I thought that Victoria was happy with her life; with our life. Besides working 60 hours a week, I was happy with our life. I figured that we had a good relationship, our sex life was active, I made sure that I did little things to tell my wife that I loved her and recognized what she did as a wife and mother.

On our one of our date-nights out about a year ago that was the night that our relationship and marriage started to change. Victoria started the conversation that would change the future and tone of our lives.

"Honey, have you ever thought that we are missing out on some things?"

"Jeepers, I don't know, what sort of things are you thinking about, Victoria?"

"Well, we've fallen into a bit of a rut lately."

"I'm not following you Dear, what does that 'rut' look like to you?"

"Well, it seems that all we do lately is work, and take care of the kids. We don't have time for ourselves."

I thought about that and figured I knew what she was leading up to. "Would you like to get away for a vacation, just the two of us? We could get your folks to take the kids for a week if you want to get away to the Caribbean for some sun and the beach. We could both use a tan."

"That would be great Sweetie, but I had something else in mind to give our lives a bit of a lift."

I was now curious what she was getting to. "Just what are you thinking Dear?"

Victoria swallowed big and started. "You know how we have role-played picking up others and having sex with them; what if we were to actually do that?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" My heart rate went up a bit, and not in a good way.

"Hear me out for a minute. I'm just saying what if we were to explore the idea of an open marriage. We would take it slow and see if it was for us before doing anything big and committing to anything."

I was flustered, I will admit. This caught me off guard. I had no idea what to say.

"Think about it Will, what if we were to find other people that are compatible with us to have sex with on an occasional basis without the complications of romantic entanglements or commitments. Think about the passion and intensity that we could bring back to our marriage and to each other.

I suddenly realized that I was holding my breath and my blood pressure was rising fast. "Just what are you suggesting Victoria? You want to have an affair with another man?"

She smiled, "It wouldn't be an affair Dear, it would be casual sex, no romantic entanglements, no relationship like our marriage and just occasionally, maybe a couple of times a month, that's all. What do you think?"

What the fuck was I supposed to think. "So let me get this straight, you want to go out and have sex with other men twice a month?"

"Well it doesn't have to be exactly twice a month; it could be less or maybe more depending on what we want."

I could not have been more stunned than if she had hit me with a hammer. I thought a moment, "And we both get to do this?"

"Yes, of course. We both get to experience the excitement. Just think of the new things that we might learn about how we can pleasure each other that we don't do now. Just think about the renewed passion that we might feel for each other."

I exhaled, "Just how would you, we, go about this? Do you have someone in mind now that you are planning to hook-up with if I agree; and right now, I don't agree Victoria."

"Just think about it for a minute, we get to have sex without any commitments. It would be at a time that wouldn't interfere with each other or the kids and we would always be there for all the things that we do now. Our family would not be affected, and our individual lives might be better off for it. As a couple we benefit through the increase of passion that we can show to each other"

In the back of my mind I knew that something didn't add-up here. Victoria always has a plan in mind for everything and this was no different. I figured that she had had too much time to fantasize about this and possibly had a man in mind that she would like to have sex with if I agreed to it.

"So, let me get this straight, one more time. You, and I, can each find a partner to have sex with outside our marriage. You won't get jealous or angry or offended if I have sex with another woman? And you expect me to not get offended or jealous if you have sex with another man? Is that what you want?"

"Well, yes, that's essentially it. What do you think? Could we give it a try?"

I had to try and get to the central issue here if I was to find out the truth. Who was the guy that she wanted to have sex with?

"If I do agree to this crazy idea, when would you want to start and who do you want to start with? Who is the guy that you have in mind?"

She was so eager for me to agree with her plan that she actually tipped her hand slightly, "Well there is a guy, Ian, at the publishers that has been asking me to go to lunch with him whenever I visit the office. He's younger than us and according to others that work with him he has a girlfriend."

The cat was out of that bag. She has the hots for some young guy named Ian.

"So Ian, ehh?"

"So, what do you think Dear; are you willing to be adventurous and see what new excitement we can have to make our marriage better?"

"I still don't see how you fucking another man is going to make our marriage better. If you want better sex for us why not see what we can do together to make it better? With each other, not someone else. How is adding another man to your life going to make sex with me better? I just want to know."

"This is about you and me, Dear. Just think what new things we can bring to each other. Kind of like bringing in a consultant to give us new ideas."

"Why don't we just go see a sex therapist; the two of us. You having an affair with some guy doesn't sound like it will benefit me at all."

Victoria was clearly having a hard time dismissing the idea of going to see a sex therapist.

"Honey, you'll see that my idea is a good one for us. Believe me, I would never do anything that would harm us or our marriage. This will be for both of us."

I was starting to get exasperated with this talk from her, "Victoria, I don't own you. I can't tell you what to do. I can only tell you what I think and what this might do to you and me and our family."

"But Will, this will be an adventure for both of us. Just imagine how much better we can be for each other through learning from others.'

"Victoria, we're not talking about a night-school course here. You're talking about having sexual intercourse with another man! Jesus!"

I got up from the table and went to the Men's Room to throw cold water on my face. While I stared at myself in the mirror, I knew that she was up to no-good, and I figured that she was going to do whatever she wanted no matter what I said or did. I dried my face and hands and went back to the table.

I wasn't in the least bit convinced that Victoria's plan would make our marriage any better. My feeling was that it would bring a whole new level of complexity to our lives. We already had enough to mange without having to add in sexual liaisons with other people; even if it was agreed to beforehand.

The thing for me was that I married Victoria expecting we would be only for each other. That's the thing about marriage, there is an expectation of loyalty and monogamy, at least that's what I thought. We even said it in our marriage vows. That we would be faithful to each other. Clearly my wife was not getting sexual satisfaction from me. That part made me depressed.

The next two weeks were tense between us. She kept smiling at me with the unspoken expectation that I would suddenly blurt out my agreement with her plan. She even stepped up the normal sex routine that we had of twice a week. For a full week she wanted to have sex every night. After we put the kids to bed, she would grab my hand and lead me to the bedroom. We got into the shower and washed off the dust of the day and explored each other with our soapy hands. Victoria was sexy and fit and clearly, she wanted to get fucked more than twice a week. Had I been ignoring her needs?

When we dried off and got into bed, she was more eager than I had seen her in years. She wanted me to take her in lots of different positions that we hadn't used since before we had children. Maybe we had gotten into a rut. But was sex with others the solution to the problem?

A week later and with no more talk about an open marriage I figured that maybe she had forgotten the whole thing as a bad idea. Maybe our increased sex was what she really wanted all along. I was wrong. Victoria was still fucking me every night and after one especially hot session where she sucked me twice, she brought it up, again.

"Honey, have you thought about my suggestion of giving an open marriage a try?"

Oh, fuck! "In all honesty I was hoping that all this extra fucking was an indication that you might have decided that you didn't want to go down that road anymore."

"Will, sex with you these past two weeks or so has been great but we have done pretty much the same thing almost every time. We need to change things up, make it more interesting, that's what I'm hoping we learn from others."

I was disappointed that she still wanted to have sex outside our marriage. "So, I guess that means you still want us to have an open marriage. So that you can have sex with other men." My dejected tone suggested that I was still unhappy with that idea.

"Don't make sound so tawdry Will. This is an opportunity for us to grow individually and bring back new experiences to our marriage.'

"So, the passion and intensity that you are seeking, you're not getting now, with me, here?"

"It's not like that Will. This is a chance for both of us to seek out new things for us to bring back to our relationship. I think it will make us stronger as a couple."

"Victoria, like I told you before, I don't own you. You make decisions all the time about what you want and don't want. If this is what you truly want then I suppose you are going to go ahead and do it, even if I am against it. Be very careful about what it is you are looking for, because there may be unintended consequences of every decision that you make."

"Thank you Will. You'll see that this will be good for both of us."

So, with that little discussion it was pretty much done. I left the bedroom to go get a drink, something strong. Victoria had gotten what she wanted. A never-ending hall-pass to go out and fuck as many other men as she wanted, and there was little that I could do to dissuade her from her plan. This was just so fucked up!

******

One month later

Victoria wasted no time in hooking up with Ian from her work. They were meeting two nights a week and even though we had agreed that there would not be overnight stays with lovers, after the fourth rendezvous with him she started texting me late to say that she had had some wine to drink and thought she shouldn't drive. How convenient. I told her to take a cab.

We sat down for a discussion after the kids were in bed on a Saturday to talk about what we had been doing for the last month.

"Victoria, we need to get a few things sorted out about this open marriage business so that we're not doing things that the other person is not comfortable with or does not agree to."

"Will, what sort of things are you talking about?"

"Well, for starters, we agreed that there would not be any overnighters. But you have stayed overnight with Ian now four times in the last two weeks. That's not what we agreed to when we started this. I want you home at night. I'm frankly worried about you when you are not here. You don't tell me where you are going and that has to stop."

"Are you just angry that you have to get the kids ready for school by yourself?'

"No, the kids have nothing to do with this. This about you, your actions and our agreement."

"Ok, no more overnighters. What next?"

"Maybe we need to come up with a written agreement and both us acknowledge our responsibilities to each other, the kids and as a family."

"But Will, that's ridiculous. We're adults; we can manage this easily."

"I suppose, but communication is, I believe, the key to making this work for us. If you keep turning your cellphone off when you are with another man that worries me. Your safety is a big concern for me. The other big concern is protection. Is your lover using condoms?"

"Will, I'm taking birth control if that's what your worried about?"

"Victoria, what I'm worried about is sexually transmitted diseases. Did Ian show you a doctor's note that said he was clean of any STDs?"

"I didn't really ask, Will. I'm sure that he is fine."

"So, he's not using condoms. Does he orgasm inside you?"

Victoria flushed a bit at that question. "Y...Yes, he does."

"So if he did have an STD, and didn't tell you about it, and passed it to you, then you could easily pass it to me if we ever have sex, again?"

Victoria was silent at that question. I made the decision that I was not going to have sex with my wife until she changed what she was doing, started using protection, got tested by our doctor and agreed to not have unprotected sex anymore.

"Victoria, when you made the decision that you did not want to have a monogamous marriage anymore, that decision brought responsibilities with it. Is it your intent to stop having sex with me?" This had to be said.

"Of course not Will. I love you very much. We have children and we want to grow old together and take care of each other."

I was getting more and more upset by her lack of concern for both our welfare. I wasn't sure what to say next to her. "I want to talk to Ian."

Victoria was shocked at my demand, "What, why would you want to talk to him?"

"I want to meet him and talk to him. I want to make sure that he has your safety and interests in mind."

What I really wanted was to find out if Victoria had been telling him the truth about what our agreement was, and did he understand that she was having sex without the expectation that there would be a romantic connection. I wasn't confident that Victoria had made that clear to Ian. She was way too secretive about what she was doing for my liking. I suspected that he was expecting things that she couldn't give him, or at least told him that she wasn't going to give him, like love.

Was she in love with this guy? If she was developing feelings of love for him, then certainly her love for me was dropping. It's a rare woman, or man, that can love two people in the same way. As a person develops feeling for one person, their level of intimacy and love for another will go down. That's human nature. Just the way that people are wired. I feared that I was losing my wife and there was little I could do about it.

I had not done a thing to go find my own sex partner. Frankly it didn't interest me that much up until now. But now I was suddenly seeing a different side of my wife and figured that what was good for her, should also be good for me.

******

Six months later

Okay, it's now been a few months since we started living as an open-marriage couple. Victoria has a full-time boyfriend. First it had been Ian and now it was a guy named Henry, that she is seeing frequently.

About five months ago I made a point of going to meet Ian. Victoria was against it, and the more that she balked the more certain I was that I was going to go have a visit with him and chat about the woman that he was fucking, my wife.

So, one day I went to the publishing company office to find him. It was a day that I knew that Victoria would be working from home.

I showed up at the offices and the receptionist gave me directions to Ian's cubicle. He was there. Now I have to say that I was surprised by the young man that I met. He was mid-twenties, about my height, brown hair and a slight build.

I introduced myself and as he stood to shake my hand, he quickly realized that I was Victoria's husband. He pulled his hand back fast. What was that all about?

"Hello Ian, I'm Will Kennedy, Victoria Kennedy's husband. We need to talk. Let's go someplace so we can talk privately. We have a lot to talk about."

I motioned for him to follow me, I wasn't sure that he was going to, but he did it, and rather nervously, I could tell. Maybe he thought that I was there kick the shit out of him. My sense was that his take on his relationship with my wife was very different from mine.

We went to a coffee shop and got some coffee and a croissant. I wanted him to feel relaxed enough talk to me.

"So, Ian, please tell me a little about yourself."

Ian was nervous for sure. It took a lot of questions to get to the truth of his understanding of the relationship that he had with Victoria and just what his expectations of her were.

After some questioning, I started to get some answers out of him that revealed their true relationship. It seems that Victoria started having sex with Ian about a month before she and I had agreed to an open marriage. Ian has never used condoms. He says that he is disease free and was willing to go see a doctor to get tested. He said that Victoria had said that our marriage was not doing well and that I was not emotionally supportive enough of her and she was contemplating separation and maybe divorce. She also told him that I was okay with her having sex with other men.