All Comments on 'When The Magic Almost Died'

by Dirt Man

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
dirtyloverdirtyloverabout 20 years ago
wow

That really is a fantastic story! You've captured childhood in a way that I thought only Roald Dahl could.

Tx, dl

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
OUTSTANDING

This story brought back so many memories. The '57 Chevy Belaire my dad bought for my mom. School Christmas plays, playing war or hide and go seek. That was only fun at night. but of course back in those days we could stay out at night and roam the neighborhood with no worries. And those great Mattell "Fanner 50" cap pistols with the "Shootin' Shell" bullets that seemed so real. What a great time to be a kid. Of course it was only a few years later I was toting an M-16 in Vietnam and thinking Gee, It's Mattell, it's swell. Ain't life grand?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ah, The Memories

Thanks for sharing. This story was almost a mirror of my childhood, except for the girls. All that came a few years later. But all us boys had the Mattel shootin’ shell guns. Of course, two or three years later we graduated to the Daisy Peacemaker BB pistol. That ended the arguing about who got hit, those things left a nice red welt. But then when our mothers found out we were shooting at each other with BB guns, the real war started. Ahhh, the memories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous