All Comments on 'An Early Christmas Present'

by BrettJ

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
BrettJBrettJover 15 years agoAuthor
From the Author Himself

I am adding this comment in response to a recent ANONYMOUS Feedback letter I received. I will likely delete this in a day or so once some people have read it.

This reader, who I think has sent me previous comments, seems to have issues with the way I write. Most specifically, the fact that I use Italics, bold and other devices, such as this ....

Okay - simply put - I am NOT changing my style to fit the readers. This is the way I write, I try to write an entertaining story and hope people enjoy my style. Which includes said devices. I hear things in my head when I write, such as emphasis on certain words and in phrases. By and large, I get a lot of nice comments from the readers on my construction and dialog. I am a PROFESSIONAL writer and while I don't mind constructive critique, harping on the same old thing is wasting my time. If my style bothers you, don't read it. Said reader said he took all those things out and it took up less space. Frankly, how much space my stories take up for the readers is NOT a concern of mine.

I appreciate all the kindness my readers have shown over the years and the support. Thanks for reading, I just thought this needed to be said.

funkyhatfunkyhatover 15 years ago
Whoa!

I've read a lot of your stories..."Better than a Gold Star" is one of my faves...and I have to say that I've never had any problem with your writing style.

I put together adventures for 'Advanced D & D', and other role-playing game...and I get a lot of criticism for I do there. But, I just keep plugging along...because, I figure, if they don't like them, why do they keep coming back to play?

All I can say is that you'd probably make a pretty good RPG adventure creator...'cause you're doing a bang-up job here!

dliterdliterover 15 years ago
Criticism unwarranted

Your story needs everything you put into it! You're not writing professional reports or other papers, you're writing erotica for the pleasure of the readers! You do one great job at it, what you put into the story is part of the story, no more, no less. Why is someone concerned about how much space a story takes up? If you wound up taking out things different people didn't like you would have a dictionary! I don't know anybody who wants to read a bunch of words without continuity or purpose!

Fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Loved Your Story!

I really enjoyed your story and although you didn't set this up as a "chapter", I would love to hear more about this couple and their neice Marsha. Also, perhaps we could hear more about Marsha as her "adventures" and "experiences" continue? Thanks for the great read.

wiz666wiz666over 15 years ago
What criticism?

Whoever criticized your writng style mustn't come from this planet and is therefore unqualified to comment. I find no problem with your writing style, in fact I like it a lot, for your good use of grammar and punctuation.Keep 'em coming and don't sweat the bad stuff that comes your way, because you know as well as I do that if you were to change or simplify your style, it wouldn't come out the way you intended your story to come out and then you'd have to endure MORE criticism from other people! And as I noted before, I like your style and can't think of a way THAT story, and your other stories, would come across as well as they do if you did write them in a different style (heaven forbid! Lol). So just keep them coming, mate, the same way you have been!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

It's a good story! Who is Ronnie?

Get the names right and the reading gets better!

BrettJBrettJover 11 years agoAuthor
From the author

I plead mea culpa on this one "Anon". It is no secret that I write professionally and this was one such tale. As I own my copyrights, I am free to share my stories with LIT and often do, this one being one of those stories. I use "Find / Replace" and usually change the names of the characters, as well as adding or subtracting details. At times, an error slips by. This is one such time. I try to be more diligent these days, although I am not infallible. With 260 stories a year to write, I hope my editor at the publisher's catches the mistakes. Thanks for your note. ~~BrettJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Too much telling and...

...not enough showing. As a "professional writer," you should know this. Also, the fact that you're a professional writer doesn't mean you're a professional typesetter or book designer. This is a warm story, but not a hot one. It made me wet but it didn't take me any further. I need something more stimulating than just an idea.

Love ya'

Denise in Los Gatos

BrettJBrettJabout 11 years agoAuthor
From the author

Denise, sometimes an author wants to write a story with lots of detail and that tends to be my style. I want to the readers to know the characters. As for my use of italics and whatnot, as I say, I hear things in my head when I write. I want a word emphasized, I tend to italicize it, put it in bold or have it LARGE. Sorry this one wasn't your cup of tea - but it is over 4 years old now.

NobleKorhedronNobleKorhedronabout 10 years ago
Any more...?

Any chance of adding to this....?

taco1085taco1085over 8 years ago
lol, once again

Brett,

once again amazing, it just keeps getting better and better. thanks for the great read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous