Around The World in 80 Lays - 001

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His three kids had been flabbergasted that their mom had pulled such a stunt. He tried to persuade them not to hold grudges and immediately set up a trust fund for each of his grandkids with some very specific instructions. He also gifted each of his kids a half million dollars apiece and paid the taxes on those gifts. With that done, he still had more than half his first annual payout, after taxes, in his accounts. He put all but half a million with the investment manager and never looked back.

His first stop, after he had settled most of his affairs, arranged for most of his personal belongings to be put in storage or given to his kids, and making arrangements for his future pension earnings and the lottery payment to be put into several accounts, he packed what clothes he needed, his laptop, tablet and cellphone, and booked a one-way first class ticket to the UK.

He was on a mission. Dustin had met Anna almost 10 years previous. It was an online friendship that started when she had messaged him on a forum to comment on one of his pieces of poetry posted there. They had begun to communicate regularly and developed a strong friendship that slowly and almost imperceptibly developed into a romantic involvement. Even though they had never physically met, there was an attraction and a feeling between them of a much deeper connection.

The major hold up was that Anna was married and because her teenage daughter was hesitant to divorce her less than stellar husband. There were also financial considerations. She was a physician in the UK drawing a good salary and had all the familial responsibilities of raising her daughter. She was committed to that, and Dustin knew she would never abandon her daughter to her husband's care.

Things had changed in the last few months. Dustin knew that Anna's daughter was headed to university in the fall and would be leaving home to start her journey through life. Things with her husband had deteriorated even further and there was some concern that he might be tempted to violence. All of these considerations were on Dustin's mind as he sat in the waiting area of the airport in Dallas. He had a plan. The only major hurdle was that it was his plan and he hadn't shared it with anyone else.

Eighteen hours later, he arrived in London. He had never been out of the US before, so he was flying blind. Outside the airport, he stepped into the queue for a taxi and soon found himself in one of the ubiquitous London cabs. He smiled as he heard the cabby speak to him.

"Where to guvnor?"

Dustin thought a few seconds.

"Take me to the nicest hotel in London."

The cabby nodded, put the car into gear, and they were on their way. Dustin spent the entire trip with his eyes glued to the window, taking in all the sights as the cab negotiated the maze of streets that brought him to the Pan Pacific, London. A doorman stepped up and opened the door of the cab as it pulled under the small portico. Dustin stepped out of the cab and handed the driver the brand-new black AMEX card. In seconds, he had a receipt and a genuinely grateful handshake after the 50 pound tip.

The bellman escorted Dustin to the front desk. Seeing all the activity in the lobby, Dustin was afraid that the hotel would be fully booked. To his relief, the desk clerk assured him that they did have a few rooms and suites available. In minutes, the bellman was on his way to the suite that Dustin chose despite the cost.

Dustin spent the next week exploring London and doing all the tourist things he had dreamed about all his life. He saw the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and all the other sites. He soon discovered that if he wore his jeans, boots, and cowboy hat, he rarely had to buy a drink at any pub he found. Not only that, but he was making new friends and enjoying himself immensely. Finally, he judged it was time to start implementing his plan.

The Concierge at the hotel was happy to do some research and recommend a solicitor to assist Dustin with some business arrangements. After several meetings, the solicitor was a little skeptical about what Dustin wanted him to do but agreed to take on the project after fee negotiations turned very favorable in his direction.

A week after their last meeting, the solicitor had made some progress. Dustin was ready to push the go button on the next part of his plan. Per the usual routine, Dustin had been in contact daily with Anna via one of the chat programs. She still had no idea that he was in London. For all she knew he was still in Texas, still married, and thousands of miles out of reach. That was all soon to change.

Dustin packed a smaller bag with a few essentials. He had already made his travel arrangements with the help of the Concierge. He set off to negotiate the London subway system toward the nearest railway station. Once there, he procured his pre-arranged tickets and was soon comfortable in his car. He was on his way to Birmingham.

The trip was surprisingly short, not quite two hours. Once in Birmingham, he checked into the small BnB he had booked online and set out to see the city. Once he had his bearings, he arranged for an Uber to pick him up. He chatted with the Uber driver and made arrangements for the driver to stay with him the rest of the day with the promise of a generous tip on top of the standard mileage. The Uber driver seemed content to go along with Dustin's plan.

The first stop was at a well-known hospital. Dustin was well-informed about Anna's workplace and her schedule. He instructed the Uber driver to park at the far end of the car park. Dustin got out and walked leisurely around the car park and the grounds of the hospital, keeping track of the time. At approximately 3 pm, Dustin had found a place near the front entrance with a bench and a screen of low bushes. He sat and watched the front of the hospital. It was almost 3:30 when he saw the tall blonde come out of the hospital and hurry toward the physician's parking lot. He didn't approach her, he simply watched.

He knew that her schedule for that day was usually to head straight home, unless she had a bit of shopping to do. Dustin hurried back to the Uber car and watched as Anna pulled her small Fiat from its parking place and turned onto the street. He instructed the Uber driver to follow her carefully. He didn't expect that she would be suspicious, and his assumptions proved true. They followed her along, and she soon turned into the local grocery market, parked, and headed in. The Uber driver did the same, and Dustin leapt out of the car.

Inside the store, Anna had picked up a shopping basket. She was intent on getting the ingredients for her planned dinner. Dustin grabbed a basket as well and followed along as she shopped. When she turned down an aisle and began intently searching for ingredients, Dustin approached her carefully from the back. She was stopped, searching the shelf in front of her for something. Dustin stopped, almost touching her back, and reached over her shoulder to grab something off a shelf.

She seemed a bit miffed at the intrusion, but simply stepped a small distance away. Dustin looked at the box of pasta in his hand and spoke to know one in particular.

"I wonder if this stuff would be good with some fresh sausage and vegetables?"

Anna wasn't paying too much attention, but something about the voice she heard caused her to stop. She would rather not be intrusive, so she listened for a few seconds, hoping the voice would be heard again. When she did hear the stranger speak, she was surprised at the question"

"Excuse me. Have you ever cooked this type of pasta before?"

Anna turned to look at the source of the voice behind her. The voice seemed familiar, but it was strange. The voice had an unusual timber and the accent was certainly out of place. She looked at the box of pasta in the stranger's hands.

"No. I don't think I have ever used that brand."

As she finished speaking, she glanced up to look at the stranger and found a wide smile on a tanned face. For a second, nothing registered until the stranger spoke again.

"Thank you for your help. I guess you figured out I'm not from around here."

Her eyes and mouth both opened wide. She nearly dropped the basket of groceries she was holding, and her knees went a bit weak. Dustin saw her expression and then grabbed the basket of groceries.

"Whoa! Don't drop your things."

"Wha.... Who.... How? Oh God, Dustin. What the hell are you doing here?"

"Shopping for groceries."

She slapped him on the chest with her free hand, and he saw her eyes narrow.

"You son of a bitch. Why didn't you tell me you were in the UK?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

Her hand had come to rest on his chest after she pounded on him the last time. Her eyes softened, and then she looked at him suspiciously.

"Let me get the rest of my things, and then we need to find someplace a little more private."

"I agree."

They eventually found themselves at a small coffee shop not far from the market. Sitting facing each other across the table, Dustin still hadn't said much. Anna, on the other hand, was talking animatedly.

"I can't believe you are here. When did you get here? How long are you staying? Where are you staying? Oh, God! I must sound like a teenager, rambling on."

He smiled, and reached out to touch her hand.

"I got here a little over two weeks ago. I am here until I finish what I came here to do. I have a suite in London, and I am booked into a BnB here for a few days. And I love it when you ramble. I just want to look at you and listen to you."

She blushed. They continued to chat for a few minutes before Anna remembered something he had said.

"What did you come here to do?"

"Get you."

She had gasped.

"What? You know I am still married. Even with Diane at university, I still have obligations at the hospital and clinic."

Dustin had anticipated her reaction and just smiled.

"I know you need to get home and prepare dinner, but I want to give you a bit of heads up. Your husband is going to have some news for you this evening. Listen to what he has to say. Here is the number and the BnB where I am staying. You go home. Try not to overthink this. Keep an open mind and call me when you can."

He had gotten up, leaned down and kissed her lightly on the forehead, and then walked out of the coffee shop. She sat stunned until she managed to gather herself and head to her car to go home.

Dustin went back to his Uber and asked the driver to return him to his BnB. Once there, he paid the Uber driver and offered a considerable tip. The young man smiled broadly, and Dustin watched him drive away. In his room, he got comfortable, arranged his tablet and its charger on the small table, and laid down to watch the local TV. He was both excited and a little concerned about how the next few hours would play out.

Across town in a nice detached house, Anna was busy preparing dinner. Her mind really wasn't on the recipe. She was totally absorbed in her thoughts and the surprise she had felt when Dustin had appeared out of nowhere in the market. His announcement that her husband would have news that evening was a bit troublesome.

She and Burt hadn't slept in the same bed since before Diane had been born. Their relationship was tumultuous at best, and they stayed together simply because Anna wanted Diane to have a normal family and not a split family. She couldn't imagine what she should expect, or how Dustin had any knowledge of what Burt might have to say.

That evening, she had expected the usual routine. Burt would come in from work, take a shower, complain about something and then prepare his dinner and go hide in his study. It had become such a routine that she expected nothing different. She was to be surprised.

Burt came in as usual, but this time tossed his briefcase and jacket onto the couch and immediately came into the kitchen.

"We need to talk."

Anna had heard that before. Usually, it was some sort of bitch about something she had done or failed to do that he expected from her by reading his mind. Otherwise, it could be his announcement that he and his running mates were going away for a week to ski in the Alps or sun on the beach. Either way, she really didn't care. Only Dustin's warning kept her attention focused. She grabbed a glass of wine and sat down at the breakfast table. Burt poured himself a glass of scotch and sat down as well.

"I am filing for divorce."

She gasped. She knew one of the reasons that he stayed was for the financial support she provided. He was horrible at money management and was continually getting himself in trouble with the moneylenders and the banks. The testament to his financial ineptness was the exotic motorbike in the garage that he had ridden only once since he bought the damned thing, and his expensive trips with his friends. Something must be up if he felt like he could afford to suddenly be single.

"What brought this on?"

"I just think it's time we went our separate ways. Diane is off at university, and we really don't have anything in common anymore."

"How is this going to work?"

"You know, the divorce laws changed a few years ago. It is now all no-fault, so it shouldn't be a problem. We already keep our finances separate, but for the joint household account. We keep what is ours. Likewise, we can negotiate on the house. If you want to keep it, you can buy me out. Otherwise, we sell it and divide the proceeds."

"This is rather sudden. What precipitated this decision?"

"I just felt it was time we did what was right for each of us."

She was still suspicious.

"I don't have the money to buy your half of the house, but I really don't want to sell. I need some time to talk to my solicitor and think about this."

She saw him nod and smile softly.

"I understand, but I would like to get this resolved as quickly as possible, if you don't mind."

She nodded and he turned to speak. As he got up.

"If you don't mind, I am going out to eat dinner tonight. I may decide to get a hotel room and not come back."

She nodded numbly. She was emotionally overwhelmed again. Draining the last of her wine, she put the now forgotten dinner away and headed up to her bedroom. Something was strange. Burt was surprisingly cordial and polite. He lay on her bed and tried to piece together what was happening. When she finally broke her thoughts, she looked at her phone and realized the time. She opened the chat app and saw that Dustin was already online.

"Hey?"

"Hello Princess. You are more beautiful in person than you are on video."

She couldn't help but smile.

"You were right. Burt dropped a bombshell this evening."

"Oh?"

"He announced he is filing for divorce. He was polite and cordial doing it and seemed to have everything already thought through. I am still trying to digest it."

"Really? No acrimonious intentions or reactions?"

"No, In fact, he was rather matter of fact about it. I got the impression he already had it all worked out."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm not sure. I'm still trying to puzzle it all out. He wants to do a 50/50 split including the house. I can't afford to buy him our, but I really don't want to give up my home."

"What is your schedule tomorrow?"

"You know I am off on Fridays. I don't really have much to do anymore since Diane is at university. Why?"

"I want to spend the day with you. Can you manage it?"

The thought made Anna smile.

"Of course. I get the idea you planned the schedule with this in mind."

"Busted."

She chuckled.

"How will this work?"

"Can you pick me up?"

"Sure. Where and what time?"

He gave her the address, and they agreed to meet at 9 am. They spent almost another hour just chatting about what had happened, how he got to the UK, and his plans. Dustin remained a little mysterious about what he was going to do in the near future.

The next morning, Anna had arrived a few minutes late. Dustin was sitting on the edge of a raised stone flower bed, waiting on her. As she pulled up, he got in the car. She looked at him.

"Now what?"

"Let's find something to eat, coffee, and a place we can talk."

She headed to one of her favorite spots near the hospital. They had pastries and coffee at an outside table. It was a bit chilly, but Dustin insisted.

Dustin didn't waste any time.

"Tell me what Burt said last night."

Anna repeated the conversation almost verbatim. Dustin asked if Burt came home and Anna told him that to her knowledge, Burt had not been back to the house. Dustin nodded.

"Then I have to confess something to you."

Anna listened. She was more than a little concerned as Dustin started.

"You know the situation for me at home. I told you all about what has occurred."

"Yes."

"I did a little sightseeing after I got here and then contacted a solicitor. He has been working on my behalf for the past week or so."

"Doing what?"

"He has been making some inquiries for me and some financial arrangements."

Anna looked a little confused.

"One of the main things I had him do was to contact Burt."

Anna gasped.

"You have been in contact with Burt before me?"

"Not me. My solicitor did all of it. Burt has no idea who I am."

"Why did you have a solicitor contact Burt."

"I made him an offer."

"What kind of offer?"

"I offered him one million US dollars to initiate a divorce."

Anna gasped.

"What did he do?"

"You tell me. What did he tell you last night?"

Things started to make sense. Anna looked at Dustin slyly.

"Why would you buy off Burt to start the divorce?"

"I told you that I came here to get you."

She was now confused again. Dustin continued.

"Getting you free was the first step. Once that is done, I want you to come with me. Diane is at university. You can see here whenever you want. I want you to come and help me do as many of the things that I have dreamed of all my life. I don't know how much time I have left, but I want you to be the focus of whatever time I have."

Now she was nearly crying. Tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"Oh Dustin. As lovely as it sounds, I just don't think I can see how it would work."

"What's to keep you from doing it?"

"I am not sure if I want to retire. I like being a doctor. And there is the horse, and I am not old enough to retire under our system. I need the income to keep Diane in university."

Dustin smiled knowingly.

"My solicitor assured me that you have enough years in the system, but you have a couple of years to go before you're old enough to retire. Your pension is secure if you can wait just a few years."

"But I wouldn't have any income during that time."

Dustin reached over and took her hands.

"You don't need any. With the lottery pay out, my pension and other investments, you won't need to work. I am prepared to make sure that Diane has everything she needs to be successful. I can take care of the horse and buy out Burt's half of the house. We can base ourselves here, travel and explore around the world, and make the rest of our lives an adventure."

Anna was overwhelmed and speechless. Dustin saw the look on her face.

"I tell you what. I need to go back to London to take care of a few other things. You take a week to think about it. You can call me or chat with me anytime if you have questions. In a week, you can give me an answer. Fair enough?"

She nodded. He smiled broadly.

"Now, let's go see the sights in Birmingham, find some lunch, do some more exploring and have a great dinner. After that, we will see what happens."

&&&&&

A week later, Dustin sat in his suite and waited for Anna to log on. He knew she was still going to the hospital and the clinic on her regular days. She had stayed in touch both by phone and chat. He was sitting in the hotel room with his tablet when she came online.