Around The World in 80 Lays - 001

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EROSSIR
EROSSIR
392 Followers

"Hello Daddy."

"Hi Baby Girl. How was your day?"

"Terrible. We lost another physician today, the on-call rota came out, and they have me on the rotation two weeks in a row. To top that off, Burt filed the divorce petition and I got the notification today. I am overwhelmed."

"Just take it one thing at a time. First on my list is to find out what you think about my idea."

"I don't know. To tell the truth, after what has happened at the hospital, it does look tempting. I don't think I can deal with being on-call for two weeks in a row, plus all the other shit that is going on there. Do you really think it would work?"

"Of course I do."

They chatted for the next two hours. Finally, Anna begged off.

"Daddy. I am exhausted. Can you give me one more day to decide about all this."

"Of course. Tomorrow is Friday and you don't have to work. Let's chat in the morning after you have rested."

"OK Daddy. I love you more. Good night."

Dustin sat in the chair thinking. He was almost sure that she was convinced.

The next day, he called her rather than using the tablet to chat.

"Hello"

"Morning Princess. Did you sleep well?"

"I really did. Much better than I have in months, I think."

"You must have reached some kind of decision."

"I think so. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life with me?"

"I wouldn't have asked you if I weren't sure."

He heard a deep sigh over the phone.

"Daddy. I want to be all yours, all the time, every way."

Dustin wanted to jump up and give a loud shout but managed to restrain himself.

"Then I want you to do a couple of things for me."

"Ok. I'll try."

"Call the hospital and take two weeks off. Get some things together and come to London. We are going to spend two weeks together. We need to take this to the next level."

"Oh, That sounds lovely. Where do I come?"

"The Pan Pacific hotel in London. Let me know when you plan to arrive, and I'll be waiting in the lobby."

"I'll be there tomorrow afternoon."

"Good girl."

The next afternoon I was waiting in the lobby at 3pm as agreed. I saw her come through the front door, the bellman behind her, carrying two large suitcases."

I moved to meet her and I saw her smile as she saw me. Waiting until she crossed the lobby, I took her into my arms. She was wearing a nice skirt, blouse and 3-inch heels. That made her almost the same height I am. I wrapped her in my arms and gave her a deep, soulful kiss right in the middle of the lobby. I know almost everyone turned to watch.

That began the most intense two weeks I have ever enjoyed. We did everything I have dreamed of. We made all the attractions, dining, shopping, and strolling all the neighborhoods of London. Our evenings were spent in that hotel suite learning everything about each other that couldn't be known from 5,000 miles away.

At the end of the two weeks, I sat her down in the hotel suite and held her hands. She looked troubled as I said those ominous words.

"We need to talk."

"Princess. It's time for you to go home. You have a decision to make. You can go back to your life, pick up your practice at the hospital, and we will continue as we have been for the past many years. I won't tell you I will be happy with that decision, but I will accept it and move on.

When you get home, I will send you a chat with some instructions included. You will make your choice."

She dove forward and clasped me tightly around the neck. She wasn't sobbing, but my shirt had tear stains on the shoulder when she pulled back to look at me.

"Ok. This has been the culmination of all the dreams I have had since we first met and got together. I love you. There is no doubt about that. I just have to decide if I am ready to make that kind of leap."

"I know. That is why I am giving you this time to reflect and decide."

That afternoon I put her on the train headed back to Birmingham. I stood on that platform for nearly an hour looking down the track where that train had disappeared. I headed back to the hotel, intent on finalizing my plan.

&&&&&

That train ride was agonizing. All I could think about was the look in his eyes as he was standing on the platform as the train pulled away. Then the doubts and then fears took hold. He was asking me to walk away from my entire life for all practical purposes. It was like standing on the edge of a cliff looking down at the inviting clear blue water below and trying to convince yourself to jump. You know, intellectually, the jump is survivable, and the water will be marvelous. But taking that step over the edge into the unknown and leaving the safety of solid ground is frightening. I thought about that all the way to the station in Birmingham.

I ordered in Chinese when I got home and left my bags in the entryway. Sitting curled up on my all too comfortable couch in my beloved home, I munched on noodles and vegetables as my mind churned away. It was nearly 9:30 when I heard my phone chirp and realized it was a message from Dustin.

I opened the phone and began to read.

My darling Anna. The past two weeks were the happiest I have spent in my memory. You are both beautiful and smart., I realize again what we have said so many times. We have been meant for each other. I only wish we would have found that out much earlier.

Now, you have to decide. To do that, you have to understand what I am proposing.

First, I intend to leave London in two weeks. I hope beyond hope that you will be leaving with me.

If that is your decision, there are some things I want you to do.

Start your retirement actions. Do what is necessary to put that into place.

Close up your house and make arrangements for someone to check on it and care for it. Don't worry about the cost. That will be my responsibility.

Do the same for your horse.

Pack everything that you need for 90 days. I will explain all that to you when, and if, you arrive in London.

My plan is to go around the world. There are places I want to see and experiences I wish to have these experiences with you. If you decide that this is our destiny, come to London eight days from today.

Plan to arrive sometime late afternoon. I want you to wear the black skirt and red blouse we bought at the boutique in Soho. Of course, what every lingerie you think is appropriate, but I would appreciate silk stockings.

I will be waiting in the bar for your entrance. I will leave it there with the expectation that, knowing how my mind works and the things we spent late nights discussing, that you will act accordingly.

However, if you decide that you cannot see yourself making this kind of drastic change, I understand. Remember, regardless of what you decide, I will always love you.

D

I read and reread that message. It was Friday evening. I had at most two more days to deal with my insecurities before I could even begin to start his instructions. Oh, God! Whatever am I going to do.

&&&&&

Dustin spent the weekend wandering London. As much as he hated large urban environments, he was fascinated by London. He found that the British have such a sense of style, pomp, and circumstance that he was drawn back several times to the changing of the guard at Windsor Palace. He spent nights wandering the streets, visiting nightclubs and entertainment venues. It surprised him, but he felt 20 years younger. Always with him was the doubt. The constant nag at his mind, wondering whether she would come back to London or put his plan off as the ramblings of a doddering old man trying to recapture his youth. Perhaps he was. Perhaps he had gone completely off his rocker and what he was experiencing were the waking dreams of a senile wreck sitting in some antiseptic nursing facility in Texas. If so, he finally decided, what better way to wait for the inevitable than to be lost in a waking dream that was so intoxicating.

Finally, the day arrived. He spent the majority of the day repacking all the things he had purchased in London. He had to get an entire new set of luggage to haul the horde. Working with the Concierge at the hotel, we made two sets of travel plans. One would cover his trip back to Texas alone. The other would be for two and going in an entirely different direction, He had no idea which set of plans would be used and which would be cashed in.

Just before 3 pm, Dustin left the hotel suite. He was wearing the boot - cut wrangler jeans, a dark blue Ariat long - sleeve shirt, ostrich leather cowboy boots with riding heels and the expensive broad brimmed Stetson cowboy hat. His destination was the hotel bar just off the lobby.

&&&&&

That, my friends, brings us back to where we started this tale. 3 days later, Dustin and Anna boarded a plane to Amsterdam. It was to be the first leg of Dustin's 'Around the World in 80 Lays' tour. I am pretty sure that he will make it around the world with Anna, and that there will be a lot more than 80 lays involved along the way.

EROSSIR
EROSSIR
392 Followers