All Comments on 'Flyover Country Ch. 02'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Train kept a rollin

Just keeps getting better. Five stars.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 5 years ago
A Worthy Successor

to Chapter 1.

Nice job, Mr. Horn. I look forward to chapter 3.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This is what real stories look like

There are so few written any more. Cuck shit or a chainsaw massacre is all we seem to get. Finally a real entertaining story about a character who is just a good guy trying to live his life. Great story and I gave you 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just don't let anything happen

To you that interrupts this whale of a tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story, but I obviously missed something, somewhere....

Why was it necessary to burn down the houses?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years ago
Longhorn has led us back to the promised land.

LW has been a vast wasteland for sometime, but the reaction to this story demonstrates that well written, quality stories have an audience and are appreciated. We should all be very grateful that he has returned to the scene of the crime and is sharing his talent so unselfishly. There are a few really good writers on Lit, and Longhorn is right up there with the best.

I can hardly wait to see what he writes for Q's August event! Imagine Q and Longhorn posting the same day. That reminds me. Q is still trying to get Laurel to post the last part of his last story, The Food Desert, that somehow was lost in transition. The story is complete and was sent in, but never made it to a screen near you. It is hoped she will either post the rest of the story or repost it all at once, as he intended. Q is the man on Lit with all sorts of Hall of Fame stories. This site needs to get his stories posted properly. He's very good for business here!

.

marktacmarktacalmost 5 years ago

Are you planning to post this on SOL as well?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"She's helped me see that decisions I make have consequences down the line and they affect lots more people than just me," - She needed a counselor to see that?

I was was afraid he was going to let Faye back into his life!

Her second cousin works with his ex-wife and she now knows some dirt on the ex. That might be awkward!

Why would Steph be upset by "clothing optional?" Mercedes wouldn't have said it if she thought it would upset her.

I was wondering if Faye's "escapade" was going to be brought up. He handled it just as I would have suggested.

I was expecting a Mercedes/Steph session with the double-ended strap-on!

I hope by the end he and the girls end up together!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Looking forward to tomorrow!

A well written, good story of an interesting character, with unexpected twists, leaving you wondering where this will go. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

keep going you are doing a great job

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
still curious about Faye.

Other than she did what she did because she could it doesn't explain what led up to her taking that action? They were allegedly happily married so what sparked that desire or attitude?

I guess I will keep reading hoping at some point comes to light.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I like it.

In USA, aircraft call signs start with N (november) but it is unspoken most of the time, then numbers, followed by letters. Not more than 7 total digits, no more than 2 of which are letters at the end. Example: N1234AB, November 1234 Alpha Bravo. Shortened to 4 Alpha Bravo after first contact.

TexdomTexdomalmost 5 years ago
True entertainment

Love this story. I did not expect him to lose Merci at the end of this, maybe he will find her again. Looking forward to tomorrow and another installment. I could follow this longer than the four you have planned. Keep up the good work. Your talent is above and beyond!

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
fuck this is fantastic

keep up the amazing flow of words

so far so good ... please i beg you don`t ruin it for me by taking back the ex

5* 1000 hard ons and an orgasm or two

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 5 years ago
Chapter 2, right on schedule.

Sick nasty chapter, Longhorn. As good as anything you've written, and as good as anything anyone else has ever written. Now, if Lit would actually take some action to correct the gaffe with Q's story, we could have two great stories ongoing. Looking forward to chapter 3. Thanks for posting, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
INTERESTING AND STRANGE

You write quite well but I hope this chapter was not just a diversion inside of the whole story. Will you fit this episode into the whole story or is this just a quick two pieces with two hot babes? Obviously Faye must know what was probably happening and she is not divorced from this part of Matt's life.

Looking forward to the next two segments so please don't disappoint.

T.T.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Great Fun Story... Maybe A Parallel Not Explored?

It's amazing how when you're not bitter, not focusing on how to screw the ex over or even what the ex is up to or hoping that they're suffering, good things happen to you. We all have shit happen to us. How we absorb the blows and moved forward makes all the difference.

Matt and Stephanie discuss how their having a threesome was different than what Faye did with the other two. However, there was even a more important parallel that was not explored. Even though Matt, Mercy and Steph have a great connection and all three seemed like they wanted to explore a life together, he brought up that the girls needed to explore their passion and what they've strove for all their lives. And even though he wasn't encumbered by a job or even a residence he didn't want to tag along as the girls traveled around pursuing their dance careers. They made their decisions logically and not emotionally, thinking of the long term good for all three.

So was that the issue with the marriage with Faye? They both had loved one another, but Faye wasn't ready to stop exploring and be completely settled down yet? By my mid-20's I had had three very deep love relationships and each could have easily led to marriage, but I knew that I wasn't ready (or simply didn't want to) settle down and left all three relationships. Was it as simple a 21 year old Faye loved Matt, but was simply not ready to make a life long commitment, and wasn't mature enough to give up a love to continue living life on her own terms until she got to the phase of her life where she was ready to settle down? Also, Matt able to recognize that the girls would someday regret giving up their dreams for a relationship with him, because of his experience with Faye. Had he now acquired the wisdom to recognize the girls weren't ready to settle down; whereas, his younger version hadn't had the same maturity to recognize the same thing in Faye?

There are many reasons people cheat and one reason is simply wanting to have the security and love derived from a committed relationship, but not quite willing to live a fettered life. Sometimes you can have only one or the other, sometimes with honesty with your partner you can have both. Trying to have both by deceiving the partner is where all the problems lie.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to see all three find their way back to one another down the road when they're ready. But then we don't know yet what adventures lie ahead for Matt. By Matt not fully dealing with his relationship with Faye and putting those emotions in a box, is the author setting up a scenario for these two to get together again? Right now I can's see that happening for two reasons. First, the love they shared didn't seem like it was that great of a love from either side. Also, for that to happen Faye needs to be much more fleshed out and we need to see her growth much more closely to justify a reconciliation.

Two more acts. Very interested to see the adventures ahead for Matt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fascinating tale ... lots of surprises

Liked Your style and the mix of good and bad ... though changes between are somewhat fast ... maybe its realistic, just wondering ... anyway, it felt like an emotional rollercoaster at some times.

However, giving up his ranch and even burning the old ranch house was a bit drastic imho and made me feel sad :-(

Hope next chapter comes soon and leaves a brighter mood.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
Wow and wow

Wow that's a well written story so far .Please when your done with this story KEEP writing please we need it on here so bad. Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Is this loving wives

He meets this girl mercedes, they connect and have greatest sex and fun together then she invites her friend to stay with them and they all have a great 3 way.instead of love and marriage ,children,. They head out never to be heard from again. Strange . Only this writer knows where this is going . I thought he found the perfect wife. But that’s over.

jakie1jakie1almost 5 years ago
Great Story

Hope that somehow true love will prevail for him. Any chance for his ex?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Mediocre

I liked your older stuff, but there are too many cliches (e.g., country boy puts one over on that city slicker) and a dearth of real emotion in this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

You sure came back with a bang, didn't you?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story and very well told! 5*****

Sad ending, but I do look forward to the rest.

FreetalkFreetalkalmost 5 years ago
Areole

Many people make this mistake.............

The correct spelling is areola and the plural (there's usually two:) is areolae

Enjoyed the second part much more than the first and look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

At this point the plot seems to be meandering. Each piece has been interesting, but I have no sense of those pieces coming together to make a coherent picture. In this installment, the confrontation with the ex lacked drama, and the immediate pickup of the new girl was ???

He inherits a ranch that he enjoys, but then sells ???

This story needs to get legs in a hurry to match its overinflated rating.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 5 years ago
A very good yarn...

...for this reader, Longhorn.

I really enjoy your writing.

And I wouldn't mind one bit if Matt came

back with further adventures. I work in

aviation so the private pilot side of this

had me hooked. Keep up the good work

and thanks.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 5 years ago
And he is a tad blind to his own shortcomings ...

So she is wrong to sleep with others and not take his feelings into account, but he can do his own version of the same by posting illegally gained photos and video? What is up with that? It is a much too large logic hole for me. Why didn’t the people he shat on sue him or swear out a criminal complaint? Or Faye for that matter? What they did was not illegal. What he did was—so why is he so judgemental of Faye? Everything he says to her is pretty much applicable to him! I don’t think he is a good man, our Matt. He thinks that wronging someone who wronged him is OK A little self awareness would be nice... at the moment he is a BIG hypocrite.

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 5 years ago
damn

that was hot ty for the read

penneydog55penneydog55almost 5 years ago
Brilliant!

No complaints from me I enjoyed it Immensely!...Can't wait for more..5 Stars★★★★★WOOF!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 5 years ago
"Who the fuck is Q?" anonymous asks.

Q is qhml1, the guy on top of the novels Hall of Fame, and four stories in the top twenty Hall of Fame in Loving Wives. Q is the straw that stirs the drink. His body of work is second to none in Literotica. He is the guy Laurel has been ignoring after she posted only a portion of his last story for some inexplicable reason.

As for the having writers wait for an event to post, I say poppycock! Longhorn has this story with no event, Q tried to post one a few days ago, Todd drops stories randomly, as does Randi and Bebop. If a writer is dormant and Randi convinces them to write for an event, you reap the benefits. If you feel cheated that the good writers don't post more often, join the club. I would like to see a story every week from these guys and many others. Writers are donating their time and talent and you complain? What's in your library? How often do you post a story, or even an encouraging comment on stories my these good writers? Negativity is toxic and it can be contagious if allowed to spread. Work on a more positive outlook and be thankful for every good story posted here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Comments

@Anonymous 06/19/19 Re: "Is this loving wives" - "They head out never to be heard from again." - How do you know that? This is only chapter 2. They're adults with commitments to keep, who's to say that they won't return?

@jakie1, "Any chance for his ex?" - God, I hope not!

@onlythelonelylove - Are you seriously equating posting videos of what they were doing IN PUBLIC, with her cheating on him?

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
Good read ... thank you

Really glad to see you posting. I like your style of telling the story and the characters you develop.

I'm interested to see where this is all going because I know it's headed somewhere. I was really sad it wasn't somewhere with Mercedes. :-(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
the guy sold his property to an oil company

why doesnt he have enough cash to follow the two chicks and their dance company around? dance companies tour for a few years and then spend years working a new routine

how would that have been any different then when he was the one traveling for his job?

SexySandra01SexySandra01almost 5 years ago
Brilliant

Outstanding writing ..

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great writing

Matt seems to be doing pretty well post divorce. This is two great chapters, and I can't wait to read the next one. Hope Mercedes makes another appearance later on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Getting tedious

Too much extraneous detail that doesn't advance the plot. The prose reads well, though. Just too much of it.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 5 years ago
Sbroks

Thanks for the question. It is in their backyard—the one with a fence. And the drone flyover & crash landing is illegal in Texas. No permission given in either case. Check it out...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The writing is good

But the storyline is screwed up. I can see selling everything off as he did but filling the pool and burning the house was a pure act of strangeness. Rent, lease, or let someone live there for free. A lot of people could use a roof over their heads.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
I'm still loving it, but...

I just noticed it's 4:00 AM, so I'll put the rest of it to bed until the next time. Five Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Seems like everybody suddenly got into threesomes, seems a bit ludicrous, and after his marriage it seemed a bit weird that he would share a woman with anyone, even another woman.

The whole thing with Jake teaching him and apparently loaning out women felt really juvenile and ridiculous, like a sleazy teenage fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Shades Of Johnny Tillotson

Nothing like dating ones self. If the folks were visiting Meteor Crater a few years ago I was the one changing the right rear flat tire in the heat on that long curve just before the Visitor's Center. Never got to visit with "...the girl in the flat bed Ford...", had to get the rental back and change it out for one with four good tires. Second time reading this already. Signed: BTW

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Too bad...

I know he must be lost after 3 weeks with 2 smokin' hot women!!! And no homestead either? So sad..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Write what you know...

...don't pretend to be a pilot. You have everything backwards...either research the subject or better yet get a real pilot to edit. Lots of corn in the story as well. Are we in Iowa?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"Well ... I guess I'm just not as perfect as some people," - He's not saying he's perfect. He's human, he'll make mistakes, we all do. But it's one thing to make a mistake, another reader questioned his posting (actually sending out) the pictures he took with the drone, and you can make a case that it was a wrong thing to do. But it's something else to deliberately do something that you KNOW is wrong, but figuring you're chances of getting caught are slim, and even if caught, you'll have a good chance of getting away with it.

Minor continuity error - He ushered her through the gate, THEN unlatched and opened it?

"I finally got to see Ginger at a full gallop with Mercedes atop her and her long black hair streaming out behind her." - Hadn't they already gone horseback riding before Steph was even there? "We did go riding on the fourth day"

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

I really get tired of these nit picking criticisms of writers on LIT. Most of the writers do it for fun and are not professionals. If you want perfect go buy a paper back or visit a library.

The really god writers, including this one write some great stories that are exciting and packed with action and also some romantic and sexy scenes. Their stories provide incites into our own and others lives and relationships. Read and enjoy if you don't like it don't read it. This writer is good this is my second time around this story and others he has written. Keep writing please!

rodryder44rodryder44almost 3 years ago

This chapter has Matt selling off his inheritance and meeting a possible soulmate. Love is in the air. Alas, Merci is devoted to her dancing career and leaves him. He burns his child hood home to the ground and heads to California. What is the plot?

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

He really sold completely out!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damn fergie, I couldn't have said it better my self. Actually, I have but thank you for your words. I've read stories for nearly 60 years and always have supported the writers. Without them all we would have to read are instruction manuals and junk mail! Longhorn, some of us would enjoy a new tale, screw the damn nicpickers. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Isn't this supposed to be a loving wives story.? Doesn't seem to be that anymore. I don't see where this story is going now that he has got rid of his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

dont know whats sadder, losing the girls or burning the homestead.

damn theyre are some stupid critter critics. just read the story, enjoy and wait for what comes next. " i dont see where the story is going now that he has got rid of his wife", i dont either but the writing and story are good so im reading on.

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

What happened to Sherry?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

interesting but kind of short on the divorce reasons. At least you used a paragraph or 2 to explain your post marriage 3some was different because of no vows of monogamy as in a marriage

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

2 stars - You lost my interest in your story in the middle of this chapter.

Sorry, BUT sharing my most significant other is not in my vocabulary.

So reading about couples sharing their significant other is off the table as well.

Neither is cuck, swinger, swap, threesome, foursome, BDSM, gay or lesbian activity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

House? What happened to 6 months and 1 day?!! Otherwise ok.rated 4 stars although like others I don't share And no slutty clothes in public. Mine And again don't share even looks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story!

1 This is my 2nd read on this and I'm like it as much as the 1st. I liked the divorce bit because we were short speed to the point and totally on the money philosophically.

The sharing bit plus reminders in my book given situation probably OK but not OK if I was married or in a committed relationship.

Just not going to share with that level.

I thought the Straight light hearted and with good continuity although it's extremely sad when he sold off the ranch and burned the house down; That's probably because I was racing in a ranch no longer have one what would kill to be able to have 1 again.

Very very good destroying I'm really liking it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

LONG WINDED WRITING, WASTE OF TIME TO READ

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Really enjoying the story, thank you.

SorchakSorchakabout 2 years ago

@nixrox, you must have fallen asleep during Professor Matt's lecture. I'll reproduce it for you: "What we just did is different. It's the same sex, I agree with you there ... but none of us is married ... none of us is in another relationship so far as I know..." The girls both shook their heads. "...So none of us has committed to anyone else ... none of us is exclusive with anyone else, right?"

Mercedes wasn't Matt's 'most significant other', as you put it. Neither was Matt Mercedes'. They were Very Good Friends with benefits, and then they invited Stephanie, who was Mercedes' best friend and roommate. Then they ALL became Very Good Friends with benefits. It wasn't a couple sharing, it was three friends sharing, and that makes all the difference, something Faye couldn't/didn't figure out.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Great part 2. Thanks for writing.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Howcome

How come Stephanie didn't get pregnant?.As a lesbian,she wouldn't be on the pill.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

Enjoyed, as always. I’ve never understood why he sold the ranch to the oil company rather than the mineral rights, and Cocked Pistol is DEFCON 1, but neither detracts from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Uh, nixrox, with all the stuff you listed that you don’t like, I don’t understand why you would even bother reading anything in the loving wives section. Maybe you’re a closet masochist? Just a thought. Great story so far, Longhorn. Looking forward to the next chapter.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Good follow up, kept it in the same vane,

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

very good. just wondered about Sephanie thinking she was a lesbian and on the Pill? Don't quite understand burning the houses but oh well.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wearing shorts with a stetson? When city folk try to write western lol

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Most enjoyable.

The burning: when his parents left him the ranch they asked that he burn anything he did no longer wanted. He fulfilled their request.

Hottdreams80720Hottdreams807207 months ago

Dang, I thought I was hooked with the 1st chapter then you went and drug me in deeper. Thank you again, Mike

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pleasant story once past Faye? good feeling b/w Mercy and MC. why burn the farm, why not get a deal that allowed him to live there fo 50 yrs? im jealous maybe? rk

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Paradise in Texas. Two beautiful girlfriends who are close dancer girlfriends and a fully stocked ranch for a while. Nice closure with wonderful liberated stepparents. LUCKY.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoyed the hell out of that chapter. The first chapter I kind of expected that the marriage would blow up, but him and Faye meeting up at the BBQ joint and agreeing they were done was good, Him hooking up with Merci and later her friend Stephanie was good for the soul. Full marks for this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I always start reading at Chapter 02 these days. But they are all five star specials.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Woo much virtue signaling it gets a bit annoying. Also, a Stetson with cargo shorts huh? I guess that's like the frat version of a cowboy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Why is this in loving wives?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous