All Comments on 'Learning New Steps'

by BrettJ

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
tiger2012tiger2012over 12 years ago
Good story

I liked the story, just seemed a little rushed. Maybe if you stretched it our to 2 or 3 pages would of been a little bit better.

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Not really realistic

I enjoyed the setup of this story a lot and I felt that Travis's emotions were well expressed despite the brevity of the plot. Unfortunately, I think in trying to make the story as erotic as possible, the realism was dropped off of a cliff. Travis just had his heart ripped out by a redhead whom he thought was devoted to him but turned out to be an amoral, cheating, promiscuous slut. He was exclusive with her for ten years and, despite the adventurous nature of their sex life, he's pretty sheltered when it comes to actual relationships.

So, along comes another redhead hot chick who decides she really likes him. She seems sweet and supportive, kind and compassionate, even a bit shy, to the point that he has to draw her out to get her to tell him that she's falling in love with him. Then, in the next moment, she decides to take him back to her apartment and fuck the shit out of him using as many nasty words as possible because that's what gets her off. OK, I get that she's hot and Travis is a young guy and not stupid enough to turn pussy down but... would this really seem like the start of a new, healthy relationship? He just dumped a redhead at the altar after discovering that she was a titanic slut and here comes another redhead who wants to fuck him before they even have their first date, starts telling him about what a dirty girl she is, how she LOVES fucking, and starts alluding to how guys never complain about her because she's such a wild ride. Let me say right off that there's nothing wrong with that, per se. I'm talking realism here. A guy who just got away from one promiscuous redheaded slut would be naturally leery about jumping right into a relationship with another redhead who's showing similar inclinations.

"Travis wondered for a second where she had learned all her tricks and how many lovers she'd had in the past and then realized that none of that was important. Of course Helena had a past, so did he -- he had to keep reminding himself to live in the present."

This is not the way a guy who just found out his fiancee, whom he'd been with for 10 years and had been the only girl he'd ever dated, was a slut would think. Yeah, Helena had a past... and it became pretty evident over the course of an evening that it was a lot more colorful than his one relationship, even though she's seven years younger than him. A guy in his position wouldn't have just stopped thinking about it. Sure, he'd have kept fucking the shit out of her but he wouldn't have started thinking, "we'll get married someday!" and that kind of forever nonsense. He would have been paranoid he was with another slut!

I get it, this is an erotic fantasy. One isn't supposed to think too deeply about the story. Unfortunately, this scenario was just too unrealistic for me to ignore. Helena's slutty behavior would have scared the shit out of a guy who'd just gotten burned as bad as Travis had. After he'd fucked the crap out of her he probably would have started avoiding her. Story just didn't work for me.

Also, what happened with his friend Roy, Triana's brother? There was no mention of how he reacted to Travis calling off the wedding or the fact that his sister was a gigantic whore...

linnearlinnearover 3 years ago
Damn Good

I loved it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous