Lost and Forgotten Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That is something a boy would do. Still that was one hell of a shot." She said.

We drove around downtown Nightshade. It didn't take long. The population of the town was decentralized. There were quite a few outlying farms, residences, and businesses including a vineyard. While the towns of Dunwich and Nightshade were about the same age their natures were completely different. I liked the feel of Nightshade. I was looking forward to spending time here. Jynx let out an excited cry and pointed out the window.

"Ooh, there is the bed and breakfast, the Night Haven B&B. I hope their beds don't squeak."

"Me too, let's get settled in. We are going to be here for a while."

We walked in and approached the front desk. The owner had converted an old hotel into a cozy bed and breakfast. Select rooms were larger and set aside for guests staying long term, like us. The lobby was warm and inviting with plenty of flowers, windows, and the tantalizing scent of a home cooked meal. A disheveled teen appeared from the stairs beyond and bleary eyed walked past us to the dining area. We reached the desk where a middle-aged woman sipped coffee and swiped her finger across her tablet computer.

"Morning." I greeted her, and she looked up and smiled.

"You must be Mr. Morgenstern," She said extending her hand. "I got your text. I have a room waiting. The Smith Room is currently occupied. Your timing is perfect. The festival starts tomorrow."

"Festival?" Jynx asked.

"The Missouri Smith Festival," she replied. "It is the eleventh one. It was the idea of the town council to draw in off season tourists. We have world class skiing facilities here. We even get would be Olympians training here. If you are hungry pop in and help yourself. We are easy going around here. If you need anything dial zero."

"How did you land the Missouri Smith room during the festival?" Jynx asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know." I replied.

"Last minute cancellation actually," Kensington explained with a grin. "Since you were a long-term customer I gave you the room. I'm glad I did."

"Thanks Mrs. Kensington." I said, and she frowned and stuck out her lower lip.

"Simone. Please call me Simone." She said leaning close and sniffing the air. "I love your cologne."

"Thanks Simone," I said and caught Jynx grinning. "If something comes up I'll call you."

"I hope so." She replied breathlessly.

"Let's eat." I said leading Jynx to the front room.

"If something comes UP," Jynx whispered in my ear once we were out of earshot. "I'll call you. You are such a man whore. She does have a nice ass."

"Speaking of ass," I growled as I cupped her left cheek.

"Don't touch unless you plan on backing that up." She moaned.

"Don't moan unless you plan on bending over and taking it..." I stopped as we reached the buffet.

We grabbed plates and went through picking out food. Maybe it was the long drive, or the promise of intense love play but everything tasted great. Even the coffee was good. I was an admitted coffee snob. I was surprised at how tasty it was. I had just pushed my plate away when I spotted a short squat figure with something bright and metallic in his hands. The man was in his late fifties or early sixties dressed casually with an impeccably trimmed gray beard. He was standing by another table as he talked to the people seated there. The object in his hand was a silver cased lighter. I recognized the design on the side of it instantly. It looked like the one I had seen in the hidden room.

"He has a lighter just like Missouri Smith's." I told Jynx and the man hearing me turned and walked over to our table.

"You have keen eyes young man." He said thrusting his hand out. "Bartholomew H. Dworkin, but everyone just calls me Dworkin."

"John Morgenstern, everyone calls me that guy. This is my lady friend Jynx."

"If you are trouble, it is welcome indeed," Dworkin said kissing Jynx's hand. "So, John, are you a Smith fan?"

"You could say that." I said gesturing for him to join us. "Can I see it?"

"Of course," he said and handed it to me. "What do you think?"

"Interesting." I said noticing that the design was close but wrong. "There are no markings on this side."

"How would you know that?" Dworkin asked. "This was taken from a rare photograph I managed to acquire. It was blown up, so it isn't as close as it could be."

"Do you make these?" I asked noticing his name stamped on the bottom of the lighter. "Jynx, do you have a pen or pencil?" I asked, and she dug into her purse. "Thanks." I said when she handed me a pen. "Here." I said sketching the front and back designs. "Not bad, if I do say so myself."

"You've seen it, haven't you?" Dworkin asked.

"It was a long time ago." I fibbed. "When was Smith here?"

Dworkin shared what he knew and thanked me for the sketch. He promised that next year's festival would be better for it. I also learned why the festival was being held. The citizens of Nightshade believed that Missouri Smith had died trying to get at the Flying Scotsman. When I asked where he was buried Dworkin said there was a memorial stone. They hadn't found a body but assumed when he disappeared one night that he had died. The town's attempts to contact Smith's relatives had been met with silence. I didn't correct him or any of the others that came for the festival. It was between Elizabeth Strong and any of Missouri's fans. If she didn't want to enlighten them then neither would I.

"Have you spoken with Elizabeth Strong?" I asked, and Dworkin's eyes lit up.

"I wish. She is the last of Smith's bloodline. I bet she has stories to tell."

"Excuse me," A man said behind me. "Are you J. Morgan?" He asked, and I was about to shake my head when he continued. "Or Morgenstern... or Morgana... or Morgante?"

"My name is John Morgenstern." I said turning to face the man in the expensive suit. "Who are you?"

"Relax Mr. Morgenstern, my name is Raleigh and I represent Wallace, Murphy, and Sabre. We were directed on orders by the Late Missouri Smith to give you this letter. Can I see a photo I.D. please?"

"Is this some kind of joke?" I asked as I stood and took out my wallet. "Here."

"No joke Mr. Morgenstern." Raleigh said as he studied my driver's license. "This belongs to you now. Have a nice day." He said as he handed me my I.D. and the sealed letter.

I held a dead man's correspondence in my hands. I couldn't just open it. Dworkin raced off as a small crowd formed around me. I turned the letter over in my hands and recognized Smith's handwriting. I was intimate with it now. I had so many of his diaries, field notes, and notations on dozens of documents. The short man pushed his was through and handed me a pair of latex gloves. They were a little small, but they would do.

"Give me some room, please." I said, and they formed a circle around me with Jynx by my side. "It is his writing that is certain."

"How could you know that with such certainty?" One woman in the crowd asked.

"I have spoken with Elizabeth Strong and seen some of the letters written by Missouri." I said, and they were pleasantly shocked. "OK, here goes." I said taking a clean knife and opening the envelope.

I unfolded the papers inside and glanced at them. I held them close while those around me tried to peek. Jynx was there to protect my privacy and told them to be patient. Word had gotten out and the crowd grew until the entire dining area was engulfed with people. I was still reading the letter when Simone appeared and those people who were not guests of the hotel were told in no uncertain terms to exit the building. I promised to tell them what I could once I had read the letter. I asked Jynx for a refill of coffee and she eagerly took my cup and fixed it to perfection.

"Mr. Morgenstern... why do I find you so damn adorable?" Simone asked nearly purring now.

"Hormones," I said with a mischievous wink.

"What happened?" Simone asked as she stood next to me.

"I have in my hand the last communication of the Late Missouri Smith." I told her, and her jaw dropped. "It is astounding really."

"Wait for me." Jynx giggled as she handed me my coffee. "Okay, you can continue."

"The letter says that he didn't come here to investigate the Flying Scotsman, that was just a ruse. He had it on good authority that the last of the Miskatonic was living in Nightshade. Smith came here to ask the shaman to give him a vision quest. The shaman agreed and in that altered state he saw me. He wrote this letter to warn me. The gist of the content is to stay in the light whatever that means."

"Do you have any idea what that is worth?" Simone asked grinning.

"It isn't for sale. Would you? Could you sell something like this?"

"No way in hell." Simone replied in agreement. "Your room is ready. Do you need a helping hand, or two?"

"I don't know. Jynx, do we need a pair of hands?"

"It would be the sociable thing to do." The blue haired girl giggled.

"Connie! Take the front desk!" Simone called out. "I am off for my morning constitutional."

"Yes Mom!" The bleary-eyed teen we had seen earlier tucked in her shirt and took up her post. I grinned when I caught a generous glimpse of cleavage before the girl buttoned up her blouse. "Oh hey!" Connie said when she caught me looking.

"Not again!" Jynx laughed and grabbed me by my belt and tugged.

"Again?" Simone asked staring at me.

"I'll let her explain." I said and Jynx blushed.

In the end Jynx and I both shared the story about how I had met her mother and my first haircut. We went out to get our luggage and followed Simone to our room. I watched as Simone walk ahead of us and was enthralled by the almost hypnotic swaying of her hips. She unlocked the door to our room and I was surprised at how spacious it was. It looked out over the slopes of the mountains and Simone pointed out the chair lifts and buildings dotting the landscape. Jynx broke the ice and shoved me onto the queen-sized bed. The two of them leaned close and quickly discussed a strategy for their attack. They readily agreed and began undressing slowly. While Jynx faced me, Simone would turn away and tease me with glimpses of her full round ass. The teasing didn't end there.

"He wants to fuck her." Simone purred as she bent at the waist.

"Your daughter?" Jynx moaned as she rubbed her pussy through her jeans.

"Yeah. Men are so selfish." Simone added as her slacks slid down slowly. "But they give as much as they take."

"Boy does he!" Jynx agreed as she unhooked her bra. "The last time we hooked up I came four times." She said, but I held up my hand. "Nope, he's right it was five times."

"FIVE! Jesus... I've never come more than three times and that was ages ago."

I unzipped my jeans, kicked off my shoes, and tugged off my pants. I let them see the growing bulge they were inspiring. They both turned around now and as Simone unbuttoned her blouse, Jynx tugged down her jeans. I pulled off my shirt and let it drop to the floor. Simone was the first to pounce. I heard Jynx giggle as the older woman buried her face next to my head. She was furiously kissing my neck and sniffing as she took my hands and placed them on her tits. Jynx surprised Simone by kneeling between my legs but grabbing the other woman's ass cheeks and began licking her. Simone's head came up in shock and she looked over her shoulder. I lowered my lips to her nipples and she cursed at the two-sided assault.

"He was supposed to be in the middle not me." Simone growled. "Oh god, so good!"

I lightly bit her nipples as Jynx switched sides and attacked my cock. I yelped in surprise when I felt the head of my dick slip into her mouth. I groaned as her tongue worked on me. It quickly became a three-way free for all. Hands and mouths were everywhere but it was Simone that was the first to feel my cock sink deep inside of her. Once that happened Jynx claimed my face so that I could eat her out. Simone was an eager lover and rocked her hips forward and back as she made love to me. I let them start things but most assuredly I would finish it, and I did. I left Jynx exhausted and shaking while Simone surrendered after her sixth climax. Pleased with the outcome I hit the shower to wash up.

I stepped out of the bathroom. After a quick shower I was ready for another go but the girls looked a little worn out. Jynx had fallen asleep but Simone was sitting up and appeared refreshed. She had what I thought of as that freshly fucked look. She stood, walked up to me, and kissed me. She took her turn in the shower and exited wearing only a towel on her head. She had dried off but her long dark hair would take a while to dry. I looked her over and she stood there letting me stare at her.

"I'll send up some fresh towels. How long are you staying again?" She purred.

"A few months at least." I told her.

"Damn!" She said shivering. "I might just lose that weight I want riding your cock. If you want."

"Sweetie, if you get that itch just knock." I said as Jynx yawned and opened her eyes.

"I think I fell asleep." The sapphire haired beauty giggled. "Looking good Simone, I need a shower. I want to see the town."

"Perfect. I need to do some research." I said taking off my towel and offering it to Jynx. "Here. Until Simone sends up some dry ones."

"Doctor Warlock," Simone purred as she kissed the back of my neck. "He is the local historian. He owns a resale shop a few blocks from here. He is a transplant from England. He used to sell tobacco but that didn't work out. Now he buys junk, restores it, and sells it for a profit. Tell him I sent you and he'll spill his guts. I got to go. I'll knock."

"Knock?" Jynx asked as a naked Simone left our room.

"Go shower," I suggested. "We should have fresh towels by the time you are done."

"Try not to fuck anyone by the time I get out." She said just as someone knocked on the door. "Who is it?"

"It is Connie. Mom sent me up with fresh towels."

"Hold on," I said and walked over. "Come on in." I said, and the teen walked in with an arm load of towels.

"Oh my!" Connie gasped staring at me. "No wonder mom was in such a good mood. I better go."

I took the towels from Connie as she stammered while fleeing the room. I held off laughing until the door closed behind the flustered girl. I handed Jynx two towels. She had a look on her face. If I had to put a name to it, it was resignation.

"I can..." I began but Jynx held up a hand and smiled.

"I knew what I was getting myself into. You never promised to be exclusive and I am okay with that. I envy her, Connie that is. If she does knock on our door boy is she in for a treat. Let me wash up and we can hit the town."

Before too long we were hand in hand walking down the streets of Nightshade. The plant that gave the town its name was as prevalent as ever. The purple flowers were displayed prominently along the streets as well as in window boxes of homes and businesses alike. We stopped at a curio shop and looked at what they had for sale. I noticed an odd flower pot behind the counter and stared at it while Jynx moved around the shop. The large ceramic bowl held eight flowering nightshade plants in a circle and in the center was an odd dark stone. There was a faint design carved into the stone. I had taken a geology class while I was in college and this stone intrigued me. I couldn't identify it. There were qualities that wouldn't normally combine in nature. I wondered if it was part of a meteorite or some unique geological formation. I was hardly an expert, so I asked the man behind the desk about the stone.

"It is a conversation piece," the old man admitted.

"Where did you get it?" I asked, and he laughed.

"I didn't. This has been in my family for six generations. On a dare from his friends my ancestor crossed the rope bridge to the Old Cemetery and brought this back as a token of his bravery. Many people want to see the cemetery but one look at the bridge and they turn away."

"Has the stone ever been identified? What I meant to ask is has a geologist studied that stone?"

"Plenty. We even had a professor from Miskatonic University and as far as Oxford come and see it." He took out a step stool and retrieved the bowl. He set it between us and rotated the bowl revealing the spots where samples had been taken from the back side of the stone. "See. That is where they took chips to poke, prod, and analyze. No use. It is as much an enigma as the stones inside the Old Cemetery."

"I don't suppose it is for sale?"

"Make me an offer." He said surprising me. "My kids moved away years ago. They don't want anything to do with this place or me. I am old and useless." He said his lower lip trembling.

"You are not!" Jynx snapped. "You have stories to share. There is history here that you should be proud of. Sorry."

"Don't be. You took the words out of my mouth. You said make you an offer. How about ten thousand dollars?" I said and Jynx stared at me in shock.

"Ten... who so generous?" He asked his shrewdness showing.

"I know something of value when I see it. Besides, I'd love to be the one to identify it. If it can be identified that is."

"You got yourself an old rock mister." The old man said smiling.

I used my phone and transferred the funds from one of the new bank accounts. I plucked the stone from the soil and he promptly offered me a plastic bag to put it in. We continued down the street and Jynx seemed quite pleased that I had found a hobby. She found a clothing store and made big eyes at me. I opened the door for her and watched her ass as she walked in. She tried on several outfits and settled on two. We did a little window shopping before spotting the bright blue awning with friendly white letters.

"There it is Warlock's World of Wonders." I said and grabbed Jynx's hand. There was something reassuring about her presence.

The interior was everything I expected, but with a few surprises. Doctor Warlock himself was a spectacle in his 1960's crushed velvet suit and round rose-colored glasses. His hair was silver and hung well passed his shoulders and his goatee matched his hair perfectly. He had a genuine smile on his lips as he welcomed us inside.

"Welcome to my groovy domain. Look around. Pick up stuff and look at it. If you have any questions just ask."

"Simone sent me." I said as I approached the front desk.

"That is one fine lady there." He said in his blended Liverpool accent and measured way he spoke. Each word carried a certain amount of weight and he spoke them with great care and precision. "You must be the dude she texted me about, and I quote, he is a dear friend of mine and you better treat him right. Classy to the end. You got questions. I might have answers. Hey sweet thing do this old man a favor. Can you lock the door and turn the sign, so we can have some alone time?"

"Alright daddy-oh!" Jynx fired back and Warlock started laughing.

"Damn!" He said getting a good look as Jynx's ass as she faced the door and locked it. "You are one lucky dude. She is well put together! Let me light this one up and we can talk." Warlock said as he stuffed a meerschaum pipe with weed and lit it. The aromatic scent of Maryjane filled the air and he took a long hit and held it. "So, my man, what can the good doctor do for you?"

"I got a letter from Missouri Smith at Simone's this morning." I said and watched his reaction.

"No shit. Communication from the dead, that is some seriously heavy shit. What did he say?"

"He talked about finding the Last Miskatonic. He wrote about going on a vision quest. It is the last part that has me baffled. Missouri told me to stay in the light." I said, and a profound change came over Warlock. "You know something."

"Smith didn't come here to uncover the train he came here to research the deaths." The old man said, and his entire demeanor was darker. His posture and body language screamed sorrow. "Thirty-three souls were lost when that tunnel was begun. The deaths happened every month like clockwork. They died when the moon was dark. I've dug into the official and unofficial records from that time. Whatever it was it ended as quickly as it began."