All Comments on 'Overmatched - Pt. 01'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
Bronco56Bronco562 months ago

Fantastic start

5stars

payenbrantpayenbrant2 months ago

Good start....many small wheels turning.

Since,

Payenbrant

TajfaTajfa2 months ago

This is great but you don't say how many parts there will be.

I don't see how this can end well. My hope is that she is being honest and that they find a way to destroy them. However, as written they seem too powerful to be brought down.

I hope the rest of the story comes soon.

Harryin VAHarryin VA2 months ago

Really silly and over the top. I know this author loves to do conspiracies about secret covered agencies in secret powerful people but this is just well silly

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

That’s just stupid. No person or group is completely untouchable. You just have to decide that you have nothing else to lose.

/

They can’t control everyone. They didn’t frisk him at HR or home. He could have recorded that. He could have taken his gun into work, and livestreamed shooting the executives, and why. He could have contacted the “conservative cowboy ranchers”, and been protected by them. The enemy of your enemy is motivated to help you. There’s so many things he could have done.

/

He was a fool to even consider trusting the traitor slut! She was obviously in on it, since she was willingly being publicly affectionate with another man. If she didn’t want to do that, she could have made a huge scene. The # of witnesses at the awards ceremony would protect them. Once she made the accusations in front of that many people, if anything happened to them, everyone would know who to blame!

/

ZK

willyk1212willyk12122 months ago

cant go here sorry didnt like at all

bobareenobobareeno2 months ago

5 stars, albeit the MC is a bit of a bonehead, e.g., I forgot about the surveillance. There were other quibbles, but it is engrossing and fun to read.

sf_operative63sf_operative632 months ago

It's an OK start. .

DIL

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

To over the top, unbelievable 👎

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Worst story you have ever written, no stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

People seriously need to die in this story. I relish reading about it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This has all the elements of February Sucks. I’m getting the same angry flushes and tightened chest reading this wonderful start. Hopefully CwG can bring it home to a superb climax that infuriates everyone for years to come!

Impo_64Impo_642 months ago

Really? Why te need of this story if they will both accept all the conditions from the company? I see here a too long story with and empty ending! 1*

MwestohioMwestohio2 months ago

Very interesting beginning. The nefarious corporation vs. The downtrodden couple

Freddog6601Freddog66012 months ago

I’m withholding judgment until I see the next chapters.

Right now, this fits into the preposterous category.

lovemesomephillylovemesomephilly2 months ago

As someone that loves a good a revenge story, I hope you make this one especially sweet

Regguy69Regguy692 months ago

A bit OTT, but that's expected in these types of stories. The power of the super-wealthy to screw up an ordinary person's life is absolutely stunning. It will be interesting to see how your MC saves the day. I find myself second-guessing his choices thus far and I'm still not sure I'd be 100% certain of the wife's motives.

Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks for sharing!

LechemanLecheman2 months ago

Hmm awaiting the outcome before I make a decision on this story.

MormonJackMormonJack2 months ago

An awesome set-up. Thank you. Still, after investing all this time and emotional effort into Andy's plight, I hate that I have to stew in it until the next installment. Ah well, looking forward to it.

LWLover60LWLover602 months ago

Great setup and story telling. I don't really trust the wife as it's likely due to her background she is looking out for her own security and self interests. It's sad the abuse those kids are put through and the permanent marks it leaves. I'd be very investigative of anything she gave me including the journal. I would take no action inside the house and would run a SDR every time I left the house.

ibuguseribuguser2 months ago

Yes, way over the top but well written. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester2 months ago

This is a week written story but hard to read because of the story line. I don't doubt that there are people like villains. Looking forward to the "rest of the story" (RIP Paul Harvey)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Booze. Tantrums. Booze. Tantrums. Stupidity. Nope.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wondwrful beginning. Unfortunately, i think this story is going ro be long and drawn out. Kate is full of shit. She's just like Mort, but more devious. She's already a lying whore. All she needs to do is get Jack out of the way, and she moves into his spot. I'd leave the slut while i could.

Kernow2023Kernow20232 months ago

good start but can she be trusted I think not - burn them all if you can

KinkyNewLifeKinkyNewLife2 months ago

Good beginning, but I think that she might be complicit in some way, and that may grow over time as she is exposed to the high life. I think Jack will continue to convince her to be more involved and willing. The biggest tell to me is that at the party, she did absolutely nothing to warn her husband of the coming storm. That being said, I absolutely look forward to see how this plays out.

Rayjag1980Rayjag19802 months ago

Sorry, too much of a Kobayashi Maru to be realistic. Stories such as this have no basis in reality that there's no escape. Life finds a way...

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy592 months ago

This is outstanding. Please fully develop all the characters. You have the laid foundation for a good novel here.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I usually like your stories but this one just isn't any good.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

My lord this is so like my real life. I can actually put a name to this person. Tajfa believe me, all powerful people have powerful enemies. One other thing, we all die. If you are willing to die to do it, anyone can be gotten to, anyone. The sad truth is she will not stay loyal, power corrupts, and she will be given just enough taste of power to corrupt her, and her poor husband will be destroyed in the process. That is what I saw, until one of those men was willing to do what others were not.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now2 months ago

I'm hooked. Hope the next part(s) come quickly!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith2 months ago

Great lead in. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MiniwandMiniwand2 months ago

The story is not for me. I want to read an erotic story, not a depressing tale about a man losing it all because some big company decided it.

The first part of your story wasn't a great sexual build up but a depressing explanation of what is to come.

SithLord6969SithLord69692 months ago

You've painted yourself into a corner. Nothing shot of direct devine intervention can bring any sort of happy ending. I may need yo remove you from my favorite authors. At this point, 1 star

Buster2UBuster2U2 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for writer of this intriguing piece, Mr. CWG. Where others see "no way out" I see a computer Guru destroying the entire company. LOL The programing genius has become so powerful these days. What can't he do? The wife, maybe innocent or not, Hubby can't know for sure. Can he ever really trust Her again? She lied and said her boss didn't have sex with her just to make hubby feel better. Obviously lying, her boss couldn't wait to "plow that virgin field"! Just to prove his power. LOL You know he fucked the wife, just to prove that he could. They are all lying to him to attempt to keep him "with the program" though they know enough about him that they already know that he won't play along very long, and they are only keep him alive to keep his wife "on board" with their program. I am confident of a "happy ending" but NOT with the wife. She goes off for a weekend with her boss, she is putting out for him and can never be trusted again. Hubby just needs to write a virus and download it into their system the destroys the entire company and everyone working for it. Simple, I could do it if I was only a Genius or computer Guru like hubby. LOL So far so good. The hook is set in how terrible the situation is for Hubby and his slut wife that he won't EVER fuck or touch again. LOL I don't know how I would feel, but I suspect that since hubby has a 9mm in his safe, that all 4 of them (wife, lover/boss. his 2 goons) would have been dead if it was me. Of course that wouldn't be good for hubby and shorten the story by a lot! LOL jus' Sayin' Thanks Great Effort. Buster2U

UnassignedUnassigned2 months ago

This feels a great deal like a parody of (or homage to?) a SaddleTramp story. You have a hero who is up against an array of villains who have awesome resources, but no more depth, and even less believable motivation, than Snidely Whiplash. It stretches credulity beyond the breaking point that these masters of the universe get off by destroying a man who is less than irrelevant in their lives.

.

At this point, ST would bring in the good-guy reserves, a team of super-powered people, immortal emissaries from the afterlife and literal gods who make the Avengers look like a Cub Scout troop. It's the US vs. Grenada at that point (not even that close, by a long shot), and those stories turn into a snoozefest. I hope you're going in a more interesting and complex direction; you're easily a talented enough author to pull it off.

StormXStormX2 months ago

I think it's a great setup. Can't wait to find out if the wife is true, a willing player in his husband's misery, or does she get corrupted over time? If the author send in super heroes I'll be greatly disappointed. Likewise if the hacker hubby destroys the company or streaks ask their money I'll need likewise disappointed. Why, because the company probably has several super hackers in their service, real red dragons,or cyber ninjas. Not to mention the billions they probably spend each year on firewalls, and backups. Also they probably keep their biggest secrets in air gapped systems requiring a physical presence. Doesn't mean he can't do some damaged but unrealistic that he could destroy a company as large and powerful as described. And if not destroyed then they will most certainly eliminate his that with prejudice. In R/L I don't see a lot off options once placed in the described situation. !(1) Fight and accessor the consequence. aka died like a man standing talk vs on you knees. (2) Try to get through the 2 years and pick up three pieces when it's over. Of course both of those options come with some interesting possibilities was to how's each person reacts and what kind of person that are at the end. That t type of trauma always changes those involved, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse.

Like I said, I interested in seeing what happens

dgfergiedgfergie2 months ago

The setup was good, I'll save my comments for much later

mazk1098mazk10982 months ago

Given that most are giving 1* or 5*, I'll stay in the middle.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure what to think about that. I've read similar story, and couple got out somewhat OK (at least for now - story isn't finished yet, so we'll see). But here, it looks much worse........

My own, personal opinion is that if they won't be able to get out MUCH faster than those 2 years, then their marriage have NO CHANCE of surviving. And I have NO IDEA what advantage would they need to best such ridiculously overpowered corpo.

For now, 3*. We'll see what will next part bring ;)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Shit story not reading any more chapters,JUNK!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The mc should have taken his sig out of the safe and kept on him when he saw the Porche outside his house he should have kept driving buy parked up the street waited up the street until Jack and his bodyguards came out of his house than I would have capped all three of them.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

1 will read on more

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The chances she didn't fuck in Belize is about the same as buying beach front property in Arizona. I stopped reading when you tried selling that bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Love stories like this and this is way more unique. Great start looking forward to more!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So it's the power people against the little people. Sounds like he better take up shooting as a hobby.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The male logic goes like this: our wife is special to us. If she gets sullied by even touching another man's private parts, she's damaged goods. Period.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I have to agree with Regguy69 . Let's see where this goes.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This IS Anerica.

He has a gun. He CAN PURCHASE MORE. Buying from friends even. Untraceable.

Then send emails all over the fucking place. Every news organization and reporter he can...to law enforcement agencies and officers. Like a few thousand people and places. Tell the story. Provide dates and places and evidence. Post to social media as well.

Hit send right before you walk into Worldview executive offices. A little body armor. With an AK and high capacity mags for it and the sig.

Go in and kill as many as you can. Planned quietly and efficiently? You could off easy 3 or 4 dozen scumbags. Even a number of those security people. With any luck you'd get your wife's boss cowering behind his desk and splash his brains all over the wall.

Possible death with this kind of media exposure? Is much better than the alternative. Couldn't supress the story. And any investigation would uncover all kinds of dead husbands who disappeared mysteriously. As well as a few wives who were assistants and who didn't go along with the plan.

No way you could suppress it after the story goes out and a mass shooting kills 30 to 40 people. When you give an intelligent dangerous unstable man no way out? Take away all hope? You'll have a really bad situation. You'll get a bombing or mass shooting. It's not rocket science.

And then what? What do you do with a wife whose husband is dead like that? Do you pay her off? Try and kill her too? After the entire world is looking at you? She'll be useless as an employee.

And his wife IS in on it. Has been for a few months probably. Doesn't want him dead. But is more than happy to have him as a compliant cuckold while she gets her 2 years of fun. With a huge payoff for the whore.

Probably their 1st child won't even be his.

This kind of scenario with his psych profile? And his hacker background? Nobody would take this chance for pussy. This is a recipe for a huge blowup. The premise is stupid.

For people this powerful and this wealthy? They could easily find vixen stag couples who'd already accept these terms and be happy with the arrangement. Shit get on the adult kink websites (or have your people) and you'd find hundreds of very beautiful women who already do this shit with their pathetic cuck husbands for free.

Hell there's probably 5,000 married couples on literotica right now who'd jump for this deal. Move. Change jobs. In a month. You'd get the exact same power trip with zero danger.

So why would highly intelligent highly visible executives do this repeatedly knowing that eventually they'll screw up and then they'll lose everything? Knowing at some point the dozens of dead and missing husbands will come back to ruin them?

Sorry...I know it's fiction. But it's just too far fetched. I work in corporate America. 20 years with a Fortune 300 Corp. You can not keep this kind of thing a secret. Ever.

Maybe it's that perspective that has me crying "ridiculous"?

willyk1212willyk12122 months ago

massive revange is coming i hope cmon this is bad

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The husband is a dumb ass, in knowing he's being watched and still getting drunk, destroying furniture and not being able to think clearly. He sure fell into line with her, believing everything she said upon her return. Knowing the asshole's reach, he shouldn't believe a word she says. Once he found the surveillance, he should have put his own in the house and moved to a hotel or friend's house. He just seems like a loose canon. After testing the water to see how close I'm being followed, I would catch the asshole out somewhere and put a bullet in his head.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A preposterous premise, brilliantly executed. A sign of a great writer, I was able to suspend enough disbelief to really get into it. I hope Part 2 doesn't go off the rails - there is ample opportunity to screw this up LOL. But I have faith in CWG - more treachery and angst to come.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Hopefully he doesn't trust a word she says! She probably had a listening device with her in the pub and the room was bugged since she made the reservations...at the request of Jack. The journal is just a sham for them to 'read between the lines' of what he's thinking/planning.

Not going to rate this yet...waiting for next chapter. Is the author going to make him a cuck or will it be more of a btb (company) story?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

If anyone has "truly" read any of this writer's stories then they already know three indisputable truths:

- the husband is and will remain a Cuckhold

- a "cheating WHORE wife Apologist" ending will occur

AND

- forced RAAC will be the outcome

This writer's agenda is as predictable as it is bad!

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine2 months ago

Hope he can use his computer expertise to bankrupt the company.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

After the office award ceremony and drugging, why doesn't this asshat carry the Sig in his damn safe? Sorry, but this story would have ended on page 2 with Jack's brains on the wall and 2 dead secutity guards. I mean, cell phones have video and audio apps, so why isn't hubby recording any of this shit before he enters the house? Honestly...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well that shit! Muscle and size don’t fare well against bullets, Sig’s ain’t the best around but they are more than adequate for 3 overconfident arseholes and Americans have conceled carry permits, I can guarantee u very of the so called high rollers would survive.

msctmsct2 months ago

can't wait to see how this plays out

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Andy would be well advised to be suspicious of his wife, Katie. She appears to be concealing from her husband the full extent of her participation in this sordid scheme. Andy needs to bail and now. Nothing will be gained by delaying the inevitable. There is a bad moon rising.

KarnevilKarnevil2 months ago

An interesting start. A bit Orwellian and not really believable, I'm of the belief that any powerful group of people would have equally powerful enemies, and be somewhat nullified. But that's by the by. Here we have a classic David v Goliath situation, but will the little guy find a way out? It doesn't look too good for him at the moment.

Katie, to me is this most interesting. She is saying and doing all the right things regarding their situation, but I can't help feeling its all an act as everything she's done, including the journal ties in nicely with controlling her husband. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

A lot of comments favour the bullet to the head solution, I can see the reasoning but, really isn't that just a numbskull way out? "Oh look! That guy just stole my parking space, I'll have to shoot him!" I think most civilised people will know what I mean. Besides, if these people are so clever wouldn't they have already taken steps to prevent any such retribution?

So, will Andy solve the problem? Or will the big guys win again? But more to the point, whose side is Katie actually on? A lovely conundrum, and I'm looking forward to finding out. Hopefully the author will have something unexpected up his sleeve.

Nasty56Nasty562 months ago

Blackrock esque!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

For the Anon who said, “so CWG, you’re only posting positive comments?” Ah, no. All of my works have all comments turned on and I don’t ever go through and filter them, on any story I post. What would be the point? Comments, for the readers, are often as entertaining as the stories themselves - sometimes more so. I know, left myself open with that sentence. It’s cool. This one’s certainly out there, but what the heck, it’s fiction. Might as well answer the other question, since I’m at it. Yes, it’s only 2 parts and the second is already in the LIT queue.

Cookingwithgas

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Cooking with gas , this is a remarkably good story with an unusual title, that being said I am looking forward to part 2 and any other parts this may need. As you stated at the intro this is only a story but obviously some of your readers believe that this is real. In todays world perhaps so. This story certainly is different from your normal writing and is taking on a life of its judging from the number of comments. Sd far as your grammar and self admitted mistakes it has been an enjoyable read. % big stars as literotica only 5 available

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I’m with Mormon Jack about having to wait, I’ll patiently wait. I am expecting a great story

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Oh no! If she has sex with him it would be over for me. Id be done with her. I couldn't live with myself like that.

silentsoundsilentsound2 months ago

How about he just blows some fucking heads off!

This is extreme rape and I guarantee there's plenty of people who would just as soon send these assholes to hell as put up with it.

There's plenty of willing whores and trophy women to service high powered men.

This scheme does not even ring true.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You're a very good writer. The premise of the story is so far-fetched that it's hard to stay engaged. Why would the evil ubercorpoation spend all that money and effort, and commit all those very serious crimes, to get something they could get aa fraction of the cost without all the crazy mishegas? Maybe the story will reveal that. Hopefully.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Question. He has a gun. What if he went postal and started killing people like Jack and the body guards?

silentsoundsilentsound2 months ago

P.S. I gave it 4* for the villainous intrigue alone because that's the only attraction to this story.

If people in power tried this as common practice, they would be dropping at alarming rates because if someone is committed to killing anyone, no matter how powerful they are, they will wind up with a bullet where their brains used to be.

Threats of death are a two way street and if you take everything away from a man, you often create a weapon against you.

It's interesting enough to continue but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the reluctant whore and cuck.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

All of these characters are pathetic and unlikable. Don't care who you are anyone can be gotten to just depends on how far someone is willing to go. He just needs to turn his back on her leave and let her be the company whore. Not that hard of a decision.

silentsoundsilentsound2 months ago

Old Mort would wind up, strapped to a table and forced to watch things done to his wife and daughter if he spawned one.

So would his guards. It would be interesting to watch their responses to hearing the squeals their women made.

Jack would be kept alive a very long time. He would be eventually losing some of his protruding parts to hungry fire ants however.

His ass would be kept in good condition and well lubed though because he would need to earn his keep and there are clientele even more deranged than he ever imagined.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So she starts off at the party basically throwing herself at her boss and ignoring her husband. THEN she’s told what’s going to happen to her and him and now she’s saying she doesn’t want any part of it and won’t enjoy it? Either you forgot how you made her look like a ho early on or her husband forgot. Either way, bad contradictory start.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago
May as well be over

Terrible actions / choices. If you're not gonna risk characters dying then may as well throw them off the proverbial cliff already

Readyforaction60Readyforaction602 months ago

I hope you publish some more soon. I hope this not evolve into just cuck stuff. I think it could become a really good story with good revenge and getting those assholes back while using his abilities to spread some havoc.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Such bullshit. I would not go for it. I would tell my wife, if you go, we are done. My plan is to kill them all.

doctrptdoctrpt2 months ago

I usually love what you write. This is not in the quality level of your other work. Your ending is already written, and nothing from this point forward can believably change this story line. So welcome to a failure that you have created at the tips of your fingers, and don't be surprised if the rating are low because we want surprise and intrigue, and this story is set for nothing but woe, hatred, a wife who down the line has already betrayed the MC dozens of times and lied, and an MC who has done nothing to receive your treatment.

jstformejstforme2 months ago

Wow, I seen it in a few comments already, but this has saddltramp potential. I want to give so much more praise, but I’ve been let down by so many shallow thought out stories where the MC wins the day because he’s a man’s man, or some little boy fantasy super soldier/hacker.

This feels thought out and grounded in reality. People that think a version of this isn’t playing out right now somewhere in the world are being naive. Anxious for the next chapter, easy 5 ⭐️

willyk1212willyk12122 months ago

wife needes to go take the two yrs to hack there pcs find dirt and take to fbi in secret in the mean time he meets someone who is worth it please dont let these fuckers get away with this

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Lots of hints to how this will unfold. They are making her do things by threatening him, not her. Coached letter for hubby that first morning says she is going by their script. Likely have a listening device on her at all times, so they know if she ever goes off script. If hubby literally plays ball, nothing will happen to her or him. She will never have sex with the guy if she doesn’t want to. But if hubby screws around, she’ll be forced to do something to prevent hubby getting hurt. Haha, they spelled it out at the start, with his jealousy and insecurities , will force his wife to cheat, and ruin his life….all by his own doing

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Harry get it right again.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Stupid and weak setup. You can buy a semi-automatic shotgun at Walmart. There is no human being who can withstand a single round of #4 buckshot, to almost Any part of the body. Body guards carry guns, so killing them is self defense. Yeah, yeah, they own everybody and control everything, yada yada yada. I guess they have knockout gas cannisters wired in the home ready to put them to sleep so they can come in and do their dirty deeds; whatever. You pull the main breaker and the entire house goes dark. Then you wait. Lots of options. You just take as many with you as you can.

\

If the wife really wants to extract themselves from these assholes then she needs to make herself undesirable, even ridiculous. That means Extreme body alterations, involving tattoos on her face and arms, hair dyes, even mastectomy. They want what she's got on her chest and between her legs, not what's between her ears. She needs to make those parts of her body repulsive, or inoperative. Yeah, no more ridiculous than the premise that people this rich and powerful seek pussy from resistant house wives, right, rather than drop dead gorgeous fashion models and professional sex workers who know more about pleasing a man than these sex master punks ever imagined. How is it humiliation if they have to hire body guards and use drugs to get what they want from their victims? If they are so protected and insulated then why do they spend so much money and effort to prevent themselves from being found out? They own the whole world and can make people disappear, remember, so who do they have to hide from?

\

A really obnoxious plot idea, helpless little sheep against the big bad powerful people. Sure, he would be killed in the process of killing them. But if he goes along with his wife becoming their fuck toy what has he got to live for?

JensensloverJensenslover2 months ago

1* longwinded boring drivel, we can already see where you're going with this.

bacchant2bacchant22 months ago

Great start but the the bad guys are so over the top without apparent motive that i do hope the mc starts to man up and run amock fighting back soon.

skruff101skruff1012 months ago

She’s pretty good at the bullshit, she’s obviously well up for the two year whoring job, got just the right amount of sincere regret and remorse for what she’s going to be doing to make the idiot believe her.

Just tell her that he won’t be there when she comes back and see what happens then.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I am looking forward to the next chapters in this story. Firstly, to address comments from others of what american's would do in this situation, despite the author placing this story in the US, I suspect he or she is actually a Canadian. Why I say that is based on the last name of the husband. In Canada the Weston family controls Loblaw's, the largest food service company in the country. In the story the author stated that the husband had no relation to the famous and wealthy family with the same name. I suspect based on the authors initial comments at the start of the story that he had a long career with that company.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I’m very much looking forward to the continuation of this story. You got me hooked, dude.

DreddrasDreddras2 months ago

Certainly grabbed my atention and raised my blood pressure. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest. That said, I have two major concerns:

(1) plausibility. By that, I don't mean that it's not plausible for a multi-billionaire to be ABLE to do some of this stuff, but it's not really plausible that a multi-billionaire would WANT to. Why bother? If he gets off on humiliating the husband, why pick someone so...overmatched? Literally no challenge in this 'sport.' Also, even apex predators are wary of getting into fights, because they know that even if they are stronger, the weaker creature still has teeth and can inflict what could be a fatal wound. We know the husband is armed. The story takes place in America, so you'd have to assume the husband is armed even if you don't know outright. I just don't see a multi-billionaire unncessarily antagonizing an armed man. What good is the threat of killing someone if you're basically taking away his world anyway?

(2) I feel like you've painted yourself into a corner with the odds stacked so high against our protagonist that the only logical outcome is a bad one for the good guy. Any scenario where the protagonist wins in anything less than pyrric fashion (e.g. shooting the asshole) is simply not going to be believable.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Promising beginning. Though it would be more believeable if placed in Cyberpunk world :)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

PLEASE FINISH THE STORY!

sdc97230sdc972302 months ago

Assuming that Katie is actually telling the truth about where she stands in this, they probably have a decent shot at winning. She'd have access to inside information at the executive level and he has the technical chops to do some damage to the company's information systems - if he had the foresight to create more than one backdoor he can use to get inside.

Hooked1957Hooked19572 months ago

Great beginning.

Hooked

AlluredAllured2 months ago

Damn, cant even klap the oke. Well if he is a proper hacker and already has Domain level admin backdoor access, then information and data are commodities and people can be brought down a peg or two from being exposed on social media platforms. Also businesses have been halted due to multi layers breach of security. Well hope the writer goes with the burn them way. Not everyone is a navy seal or Recces but we know someone who is and revenge can be the best motivation to train or go the other way and become a true Ghost and attack from the shadows.

satindesiressatindesires2 months ago

Great scenario, lots of angst and really well written. Looking forward to next chapter.

sdc97230sdc972302 months ago

Fair point, why would people with this kind of these resources devote any of it toward coercing people so far beneath their level when they could deploy an army of well-educated high-class escorts for a hundred times less effort and money?

Maybe it'll turn out that somehow either Katie or Andy have inadvertently accessed some secret company data that if exposed would sink a multibillion dollar corruption scheme and send some of the company's top execs to prison and this has all been cooked up to keep them both off balance and under surveillance to prevent them from realizing what they know and becoming whistleblowers.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Interesting story. No way should anything be written down in the leather journal as this company would gain access and us it against him. It would however be an ideal method to plant false information for the company to obtain and misdirect them or perhaps to further test the so-called loyalty of the wife.

Frankly, if she were to become pregnant, that would be an interesting angle. Would the company force her to abort her husband's child so she can continue to freely whore? Or if pregnant from the boss, forced to raise that child? Or worse yet she willingly wants to keep the bastard child due to the orphan angle?

This story could take several interesting directions.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I'm with anonymous below. Nothing a lot of #4 buckshot can't solve.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Come on cookingwithgas if Kate leaves to do this as she does at the end then the marriage is over! If she has some plan to stop it then Im on her side. But if she leaves and goes through with it then she's not wifey material. A woman and man who love each other fight to the bitter end. A woman who expects to cuckhold her man for TWO years is not a wife. Thats not love.

If she fucks him even once the MC has to end it

SKHPSKHP2 months ago

Katie obviously is participating in the conspiracy. Otherwise she could not have known which pub he went to when he left her after her return on Monday. She probably got this information from Jack who had him followed.

I hope he will get his revenge on his own - and if I'm right about her complicity - his divorce from the traitorous wife.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES