All Comments on 'Snowdrops'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
Mister_SmeeMister_Smeeover 2 years ago

Glad to see you back, Wanda. It was wonderful, as always. Your ability to weave characters that one can connect with is unparalleled. Sophie and Kay, Lexi and Robs are among my favourite characters on this site, and Anton and Lucy are well on their way to join them.

carindenniscarindennisover 2 years ago

Ich vermisse es, Deutsch zu sprechen, danke, dass du es in eine wundervolle Geschichte eingestreut hast.

AZTT2AZTT2over 2 years ago

10 stars. The emotional content is gripping and sex scenes are erotic. One of the best.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Tears of sorrow, Tears of Joy! You write the best of love, Wanda!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

Yes, thank you. So bittersweet, lovely and real.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

Beautiful story, and it was written perfectly. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents.

TwinSoulFlamesTwinSoulFlamesover 2 years ago

This... is the good stuff, right here. Real living. Real pain. Real love. Don't you ever stop digging deep for that humanity. Perfection!

ArediaArediaover 2 years ago

Oh, you had me in tears for most of this wonderful story - even now the last of them are coming out in tribute. Thank-you!

PoisonPen33PoisonPen33over 2 years ago

I am so glad I stumbled across this story! Although with the raw emotion and erotic sex, I didn't "stumble" so much as "crash and burn" into it. You did a great job painting characters as well as the setting - I find myself nostalgic for a place I've never visited.

silveraidersilveraiderover 2 years ago

What a delight to find a new Wanda story when I logged on this morning. The characters were well drawn, the story was moving, the ending tender and passionate in equal measure. And the 'purple' bits were just how life is, as anyone who is raging against the world's unfairness will tell you. Perfect. thank you.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 2 years ago

Wow, touching and wonderful. Loved it.

32aa32aaover 2 years ago

A beautiful and heart tugging story. I'm glad i found you, Wanda.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

This story is my first of your work — a beautiful introduction. The first few pages of heartfelt pain were mesmerizing — teared up at the memorial stone. And the final pages — also mesmerizing, while everything in between so romantic. I followed up with Sketching Sophie, which felt so good, so heartwarming, so sensually erotic. As a near hopeless romantic, I am becoming a fan of your storylines and your captivating characters. And by the way, I, too, enjoy Lattes :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is such a joy to see your name under New! Thank you for taking the time to write, edit and share this story with us. It's wonderful - I went from "post-work zombie browsing the same three websites in a circle" after a very long day to listening to music and smiling brightly :) There's a lot to like here, as always, but I think the outstanding thing to me is how (yet again!) this story feels distinct, interestingly different from your other work even given your recognisable style. I already know I'll be rereading this in the morning. So again: Thank you!

I'm not sure you particularly care, and I feel like you shouldn't, but just for the record: Your German/Austrian is a little idiosyncratic (is that a neutral descriptor in English? I'm angling for neutral here but I'm worried I'm sounding condescending, so apologies if that's the case!), but it's easy to see how much care you took to get it right, and it very much adds to the atmosphere. I enjoyed it!

jake_rockjake_rockover 2 years ago

Wow. I haven't felt as much for a story in a long time. Thank you for your work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful story indeed! When they were tying their best to be warm, I thought a bit of sexy chest hair for Anton's very muscular sexy body would have warmed Lucy's boobs as they nested in his chest hair! Great reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Gorgeous

Beautifully written. Characters really came to life. Author is very talented!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story - well told and written. Pace of the story was perfect. Really enjoyed your story - thank you!!

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

A real tear-jerker! I'm a little puzzled as to why Lucy has taken on the burden of guilt for her sister's death. Sue was a very good skier and the better the skier, the faster they go and the more chances they take....and the more likely a bad spill will have serious consequences. Sue had a terrible accident, but Mama should have made sure that Lucy had professional counseling and be made to realize that it wasn't her fault. It was gratifying that Anton and Giselle were friendly enough to bring Lucy back from the brink and we had a happy ending, but the story wasn't really convincing. I gave it a 4* rating, but there was no suspense or blip in the flow of the obvious plot. Three days from meeting on the slopes to pledging eternal love...come on! It must be nice to be young. and optimistic. (There's a reason I gave myself the obvious handle.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Simply wonderful

ca_daveca_daveover 2 years ago

Wanda you said you were not sure this was done right. You may have as outdone yourself. This was perfect. It made me cry, it made me laugh . It broke me down and lifted me up. 5 stars because I cannot give it 50. As ussual it was perfect. Thank you.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 2 years ago

That was a wonderful story. It was a very lovely ending. I love your writing and am glad you’re writing again.

Rockh1Rockh1over 2 years ago

Wonderful. It deserves a sequel.

Suite21menSuite21menover 2 years ago

This is a beautiful story as all the previous comments attest. I hqve to niggle at a few minor distractions.:

In the beginning when Lucy takes of her top and sits on Antone's lap, his focus shifts to her exposed breasts . The Lucy says 'Hey.. My eyes are up here'. Distracted me . Made me write this and mention that your referred to his clock and you weren't talking about time.

Loved the story, the setting and the emotional drama. Thanks for writing it and mostly thanks for sharing.

Grumpy23240Grumpy23240over 2 years ago

Wanda, I have waited a long time for another piece from you, and you have not disappointed.

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

there was real pain there i suppose there always is a real happy ending be well happy and safe a fan shayne

SeaReaderSeaReaderover 2 years ago

I hate reading through tears. Every sentence, every paragraph, every page, until the very last word. I just hate it.

Maybe I should try reading it again...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Truly, this is one of the best romance stories on Literotica. Thank you!

Jimjam500Jimjam500over 2 years ago

Totally superb. Welcome back.

madtowncunilinguistmadtowncunilinguistover 2 years ago

superb. I wish I could have voted a 6...

such an incredibly tender and romantic story, yet filled with hot sex. you are an amazing writer. thank you thank you thank you.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 2 years ago

A beautiful tale. Thanks for bringing it to such wonderful life and sharing it.

MainboyMainboyover 2 years ago

My favourite girl writes again. Superb. Wonderful. And once again you get it perfectly right. Saying so much while saying very little. Wanda's way.

You are a master at conveying a feeling of hurt. Like in 'Truimph' you once again had a broken girl with such a beautiful recovery and you achieved it without sudden wealth and other almost impossible happenings.

Keep writing. You make my day, often.

trite_readertrite_readerover 2 years ago
So Very Good

You've always been maybe one of my top three, favourite authors on this site.

And then, when I read your latest offering, it usually springs you straight to my personal number one slot. Again, this was no different. Your gorgeous geschichte "Snowdrops" will stay with me for a long time after I've voted five stars, and clicked on the "Favorite Story" link. The mark of a truly memorable piece of work.

When writers grow up, they become authors like you. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Sehr gut

This is one of the very best stories I have read on this site.

An excellent description of feelings, both physically and emotionally.

und dein deutsch ist wirklich gut.

And that is from a Scot.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Lovely story. Thoroughly enjoyed it, many thanks.

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

Yes, beautiful story wonderfully written. I need to read more of your writing.

Takeshi3Takeshi3over 2 years ago

Thank you again. This one was especially emotional

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

You had me in tears at her pain and loss more than once Wanda, this is a beautiful story, coloured with regrets and a ring of authenticity, I absolutely loved it, many thanks for writing and posting, Cheers, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I know enough German to have read it through without resorting to a dictionary. Wonderful story. Well done.

LongSleepLongSleepover 2 years ago

Thank you. This was a great story. It made me smile and it made me cry. You are a fantastic writer and I’ll read whatever else you’ve posted. Where might I find your other work?

gunmakergunmakerover 2 years ago

I loved it. Thank you. Now I'm all caught up and waiting for the next one.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

That was a perfect story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I guess I’m odd guy out. For me, not up to par. For me, Megan and Triumph were by far the best of all, regardless who wrote it. However, I acknowledge that I’m not a literarian. I look forward to your next effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is such a lovely story, gentle, kind and complete.

valkoinenvalkoinenover 2 years ago

A good story, a couple grammer booboos, Val Gardena is in Südtitol, not Tirol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A lovely story, but I think that you misread the exchange rates. €6 an hour? In a place where a cheap restaurant meal runs €18-24? The Euro has always been strong against the Pound, and since Brexit, it’s even stronger.

Beyond that, it’s a lovely story, even if the protagonist has an unnecessarily filthy mouth— her painful past and her inability to deal with it before now gives her an excuse for it, but I can only hope that Anton is careful about what German he teaches her!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very favorite author here..... Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love your writing, but this one missed the mark. Just a smidge too melodramatic. I admit it's a fine line. That said, thank you for sharing your talent with us.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

It is so unfair that you are judged against the quality of your finest work. This is a lovely story, lovingly told. You have an amazing capacity to tell, as if from the inside, stories set in an amazing range of environments, urban, suburban, town, country, nautical, and now alpine. Please please please do not let the naysayers deter you. I for one would very sad if you stopped writting and submitting your works to Literotica once again. Please let your stories spill forth!

FriendRonFriendRonover 2 years ago

This is an incredible story, your writing has such depth. This seems like it was a difficult story to write, but it was so moving. I prefer stories that tell stories and develop the characters so that I care about them and their lives. You do that so well in all of your stories and I really look forward to more from you. In fact, I like your stories so much that I actually signed up for an account instead of remaining anonymous, so I can get notified whenever you submit a new story. And it was this story that pushed me over the edge. Thank you.

Caldwel2Caldwel2over 2 years ago

You write wonderfully. Your characters are always good people, well portrayed, and your stories touch me deeply. I particularly enjoy the ones in which the characters have difficulty in revealing themselves to others and must overcome that reluctance to achieve happiness. Whether that fits you personally I do not know of course; it fits me. Had I read your work when I was younger it might have changed my life. Although I am old, it still might.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
sorry dude

you put a story on an english speaking site, but put conversations in other languages with a translation where its important to the story. mhee lost me on page 2. google translate is only mhee good, but cutting between the both is just annoying. 3 stars upto page 2

juan2forkjuan2forkover 2 years ago

You write lovely stories. Do not let people, who probably wish they wrote as well, bother you with their complaints. You write about good people who find their person. Thank you!

LivingWordsLivingWordsover 2 years ago

Such a beautiful story, the emotion really shone through. It is actually a very big story that you managed to condense down to its essential elements. This could easily be fleshed out into a much more in-depth and lengthy novella or full-length novel.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have read nearly all of your stories and you are no 'one hit Wanda' not in any shape or form. Your stories draw the reader in and I can only speak for myself and say that I feel like I am there along with the characters. I live or have lived in two of the locations in one of your stories and can only say that if you are not a resident at some point or another, then you must surely have visited those towns or your research is such that it is spot on.

As for the person that starts his comment off with 'sorry dude', I can only suggest that he/she is American where his/her world is flat and starts and ends on the coastline. I mean who can call their game of rounders, sorry baseball, the World Series, sorry dude no one else wants to play. Anyway, Wanda ignore comments like that, please carry on writing great stories.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

I have just read this story for the second time and then I read my original comment. I have some new thoughts although I agree with what I wrote 4 months ago. The story is a little canned, and from the plot viewpoint it does have flaws. From that look it is still worthy of the 4* I gave it before.

However, I read it from a different perspective this time; not from a plot viewpoint, but from a literary viewpoint. I realize, Wanda, that you have serious literary skills. Your language and construction are far superior to most of the modest efforts put forth here. Here are some of the things I noticed this time:

-Vocabulary that is superior: erstwhile, long-honed, a parenthetical (to their visible relief), sloughing, touch of panache, monoglot.

-excellent use of semicolons and commas (e.g.:...dispassionate, disconnected, separate...)

-ended a sentence with a preposition which is a technical no-no, but is done all the time and is a rule that is meant to be broken

-some excellent sentences which could be called run-on sentences, but somehow seemed quite welcome. e.g.: "I needed to get away from everything, needed to get back to my room so that I could rebuild my walls and repaint my façade and try to find some reservoir of inner strength that would let me pretend that I could function in this cruel and hateful world." beautiful! Also a package of words that I really liked as you put them together: "There were people everywhere, shouting at each other over the music, laughing, drinking. It was oppressive. Overwhelming. Faustian."

I have a feeling that part of the reason that your audience likes your stories so much is the lyrical quality of your writing; the words sing as they tell the tale. I think many of them do not realize this as they read and fall back on analyzing the plot, as I did the first time I read it. I admit that I usually read fiction for plot, character development, grammar and dialog, but lately I have been keeping an eye on readability and language. I would have rated this story a 5*, but you cannot rerate a story once you have rated it.

Thanks for offering a modicum of literary quality with the plot, character development, grammar and dialog.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Really lovely story! Thank you for this! One of the best Romance stories I've ever read,

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

Wanda you truely are a great writer. Of all your great stories, this one stands above. I have read all of them several times, but when I need a Wanda fix, I keep coming back to this one. Thank you for sharing this and all you other wonderful works with us.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful, but for me, as a German with some basic understanding of English, this would be a much better read without the randomly strewn german words. The younger generations in German speaking countries do speak english quite fluently, the more so if interacting with foreign tourists on a regular basis.

But even if they would struggle with some term here or there, it werent in those places you put 'em in. Sorry, but the 'denglish' you invented is so drastically misconcieved that I will not read this again. Which is, of course, utterly unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Still I thought I'd let you know. By the way, I'm not in danger to be perceived as a representative of the younger generation, and while I'm reading srories on Lit, I don't speak english- for lack of opportunities- and write very little, just the odd inane comment here. So I hope my shortcomings don't leave you convinced of my remark being without merit.

ReaderFromGermanyReaderFromGermanyalmost 2 years ago

I have to agree with "a_reader_from_germany" (had to grin when I read the nickname) about the `denglish` at some points in the story. I just had to laugh when someone said "sie tut weh" even as it wasn´t really meant as something to laugh about. But still, in the end, beautiful story, keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are really a great writer. Thanks for the charm of your movels, Great characters, great stories, with much appreciated diversity of the topic. Sex is not the only purpose and this is even better. Sometimes your vocabulary is hard for my french native english but this is also good to progress! I've only one claim that is I haven't slept enough since i discovered your novels. Indeed hard to pause once started reading 😉.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 1 year ago

Der Bergengel (singular), die Bergengel (plural)...

The orange alcoholic drink, probably an Aperol Spritz... Common in most of Europe and popular in Summer, and originating in Venice.

A shot of Aperol liqueur, 3 parts prosecco/champagne/bubbly and 1 part soda water... Quantities may vary depending on how you like yours... Serve in a tall-stemmed G&T type bowl glass with lots of ice...

Eiger? Probably a reference to the movie "North Face", which in itself is a sort of reimagining of the 1940s-1960s German Heimatfilm genre...

Post-war films that sort of ignored the war ever happened, and focuses on themes such as romance, drama, tragedy and especially nature scenes in the Alps...

All in all, a great romance story told with a lot of empathy and sheer humanity...

A little heavier and profound that some of the stories in this category, but no less welcome for it.

You might have to be in the mood for a long burn heavy romance list this, but I certainly didn't regret reading it once I started.

Solid 5/5 for me.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Not usually my cup of tea.

But yesterday afternoon, my psychiatrist told me something both funny and serious at the same time. After staring at each other a moment, we laughed furiously for several minutes.

And this morning I saw this piece, and decided Wanda was probably one who could let me see the truth in his comment, if in fact it is true.

He said, “Every woman wants a man who can reach down deep in her and draw out her inner lesbian.”

I was right; she did show me the truth of it.

vcwriter17bvcwriter17bover 1 year ago

This is a beautiful story. Well crafted, with enough detail to make one think you are recounting actual events. I believe it is ripe for expansion into a novella or something greater.

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 year ago

A well-crafted story. It was amazing to read!

vanyevanyeabout 1 year ago

Ahh, once more reduced to tears. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ordinary but not bad. A bit like cotton candy at the fair.

bdave2bdave211 months ago

You have an amazing faculty for pulling empathy and wonder from your reader. Your stories speak an honesty about pain, of longing, redemption, and love.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another lovely story. Marred a little perhaps by the profanities, but lovely nonetheless.

You do have a wonderful talent, start off with perhaps a tragedy which then becomes a lovely brilliant and sometimes tear-jerking finale.

MainboyMainboy10 months ago

Pfft

"Ordinary but not bad. A bit like cotton candy at the fair."

Once again the ramblings of the unable. Whoever said this has a total inability to grasp the depth of emotional storytelling by a master.

Wanda, you know you are a master and someone copied on numerous occasions with no success.

High five on this one and as with most of your brilliant stories, it is above the grasp of the ones of limited intelligence.

Salaam and dankie. I have read it many tmes. As with the difference between a striking woman and one of beauty, the beauty gets better over time,

cjb511227cjb5112277 months ago

Cotton candy?” - hardly.

Been an anonymous reader at this site for well over a decade, and every once in a while the algorithm serves up suggestions in the sidebars that are absolutely magical, and my journey with Wanda stated with Alexis.

I promised myself that I’d try to consume the entire story list before venturing to comment - and almost made it - but for some reason this one just calls out for approbation.

I can’t recall any other author here who can so masterfully explore the vast landscape of emotions and gender voices and paint such powerful imagery of the wonderful, confusing, and sometimes frightening world of sexuality that we are all fated to navigate.

I’m now in my 70s, and while we’re both relatively healthy, it’s been well over a decade since my wife has entertained any form of physical intimacy, but more than a few of your lusciously vivid descriptions allow me to recall earlier days at an almost visceral level.

Brava, Wanda, Brava.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy6 months ago

Still tears in my eyes …. God loosing part of your soul never ever stops hurting and guilt on top is perversely stabbing your heart additionally ….. hopefully living next to sue may solve the high levels of guilt …. RIP sue …… dramatic tale very close to RL

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

DessertmanDessertman2 months ago

Yet again you have made me laugh and cry. I have experienced the loss of old loves and the unexpected joy of a new one in my old age.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories