All Comments on 'Why Can't I Be Loved'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 262 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A genuine LW story. Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liquid sugar straight into the vein will always give a momentary sense of vitality.

HighpikeHighpikealmost 2 years ago

All I can say is WOW! Thank you.

Meisterberger1Meisterberger1almost 2 years ago

Another excellent read. You are definitely one of the most talented writers on this site.

LeontheKingLeontheKingalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful story easily worth 5stars, but more of a romance than a loving wife story.

Not that I'm complaining

chick2206chick2206almost 2 years ago

I gave the story 5 stars cause i absolutely hated it. i wish this was reality but it never is. Also the fact i come here to read stories which make me smile not cry.

However i did read the whole thing and that’s on me so I guess it makes it a good story just too painful to read

mindmeld31mindmeld31almost 2 years ago

I hate that I can't give this story a score higher than 5.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

A really good sweet story.

kelchakelchaalmost 2 years ago

Very good 5* tale. Thank you.

rpaultrpaultalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story.

Thanks.

rpaultrpaultalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Truly excellent. Maybe the best story on this site.

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 2 years ago

Nice story. Would've been interesting to see if the father was ever located and if his mother ever had a "karma delivery service" moment...

grogers7grogers7almost 2 years ago

Great entertainment.

Carter was kidnapped as a baby. There is no statute of limitations for the Federal crime of kidnapping. Carter's grandmother and her minions must be found and,at least, exposed if not prosecuted

MissMudMissMudalmost 2 years ago

Just, WOW! Darn, I can only give it 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story. Thank you.

Perhaps I missed something but it seemed that his girlfriend, who said she loved him, went on spring break to Florida without even telling him that she wasn't coming home. Most guys would be a bit paranoid about that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Great as usual

Although not perfect you do tell a very good story. That includes good writing which I don’t feel is the same. Thank you for posting another great read.

deadonedeadonealmost 2 years ago

OK, (choke, choke) you hit the soft spot, great story. Truly loving wife story!

LanmandragonLanmandragonalmost 2 years ago

A heartwarming and inspiring story, thank you!

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

Great story! You might want to look up the definition of “crocodile tears” though. Pretty sure that’s not what you intended to convey :)

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Excellent story! 5 BIG FAT BLAZING STARS!

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

What a Great Epic Story! Holy Macaroni What a Tear Jerker! No Wood tho like you would expect on this site, But a Great story of Life. Heart Warming Story. I can't believe how this isn't on the "Halmark" channel that my wife loves to watch. LOL Good Job writer 5 stars! Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WOW GREAT NO WORDS ARE ENOUGH PRAISE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really, really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

IMO more of an romance?

5* for the happy ending and the road that led to it

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 2 years ago

Excellent story, and a nice twist at the end.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 2 years ago

Wow that was a wonderful tale!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Damn you Laptopwriter!!! I absolutely hate crying and you bastard, took me to the brink at least twice with this one. Beautiful story with believable characters. It would have been nice to hear Serena stopped fucking the guy from college. Still worthy of at least 8.5 stars.

maxx308maxx308almost 2 years ago

An excellent story, it really tugged on the heart strings.

Thanks for sharing.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 2 years ago

Sweet story, although minor hitch - crocodile tears are fake tears, so Serena spilling them at the altar would be bad news.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 2 years ago

Oh my…that was incredibly detailed and just fraught with emotion. Amazing…

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just loved it! For me at least, the best of the several stories today released as part of the invitational.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’d give it ten stars if I could. It started out slowly, and after seeing it had seven chapters I almost moved on as I often do on long stories. But you have strong writing skills and they piqued some interest in me so I forged ahead. It had just enough sex in it without being a stroker, and it was woven well into the story line. Thanks for your effort.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 2 years ago

This story hit me hard. I was 6 years old when I was dropped off by my mother and her new husband at the sheriff's office. I spent the next 12 years of hell in the foster system only getting out when I was 18 and without a dime to my name. I guess you could call it luck that at least the Army would have me. I found latter that my mother was forced to give me up when her new husband told her he wouldn't raise another man's son. The foster system needs major reform....I am 72 and the scars both physical and mental will go with me to my grave.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 2 years ago

Cracking story ltw, thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

Great story! I only wish some retribution and justice would have found the villains.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 2 years ago

I'll comment when the tears stop flowing. Beautiful, simply beautiful. You are clearly a loving person!

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

Excellent. One question remains, what happened to his father and his father's parents? Now that he is an adult, they may still be alive and boy could he destroy their reputations by letting the story out. It would be a nice dose of karma for the story to come out and the guilty people have their dirty laundry publicly aired.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Holy crap! 5 stars...thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Slam Dunk. Amazing story. Rivals the Unicorn as one of my favorites. I hate you for making me cry with fiction. My wife was adopted, and wonders about her heritage.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Really seems like it would fit more in the Romance category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The best one yet. This one will win awards.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

Heart warming and well constructed story. It takes the reader along for the ride with a few dizzying drops and slow climbs to nice vistas. 5 big stars here! Thank you for your effort and a really good outcome.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. That was an easy 5*.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

WOW - That was incredible. Had me near tears several times. As I mentioned in a few other stories in Randi's event, many of the LW are really Romance. Doesn't mean they aren't excellent and deserving of the 5* I've been giving, but just saying...LOL! 5*

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

What happened to Dan the boyfriend, or her 3 following years at college? She doesn't tell him she is going on spring break and not coming home? 1/2 page later it's true love? I just didn't feel the romance and affection build with Serena. Finally, the discovery of his family and the reunion felt like it didn't get attention in the story that it deserved after being such a central part of Carter's life and this story. Not sure how this is a LW story.

rockpaperscissor8rockpaperscissor8almost 2 years ago

One of the best stories I've ever read. You should be on the best seller's list.

irinmikeirinmikealmost 2 years ago

Great writing! This is a real winner!

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Now thats an amazing story. You took all the stank off of the last two weeks in LW with this.

In the infamous words of Wayne and Garth "We're not worthy!!!"

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 2 years ago

Great journey of a story!

Hooked

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 2 years ago

That was a very enjoyable story! It was well plotted and written. This was an easy 5 stars. Great job.

012Say012Sayalmost 2 years ago

I rarely add a story to favorites - knew this was going on that list midway through.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

WOW!!! What a great, great story. Best I've read in a long time. 500 stars

FredHuckFredHuckalmost 2 years ago

What a great heartwarming story, you prove once again you are one of the best writers on this site!

5🌟s

Fred

Lars420Lars420almost 2 years ago

Outstanding story !

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
Different

Twist at the end

ApathyIncApathyIncalmost 2 years ago

An amazing tale! 5* Mmmmmm at the warm fuzzies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ditto to the remarks about 1) wrong category 2) rushed ending 3) bad for GF not to have told him about spring break

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 2 years ago

LTW, when I think that I have read your best story and can't imagine that you can get any better because you are already the best or one of the best writers on Lit. you do the impossible and pop out ANOTHER great story! KUDOS and thank you.

se7en0x4Dse7en0x4Dalmost 2 years ago

One of the best stories in this challenge event or maybe on Lit. The emotions, the flow was simply flawless. Thank you for sharing this story.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

Very nicely done, the ending was satisfyingly emotional. 5 stars.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Can't write enough words about how much i enjoyed this story!

mac1729mac1729almost 2 years ago

Wonderful story, thank you for writing

dc6370dc6370almost 2 years ago

Do you have any idea how hard it is to fight back tears reading a story while your wife is mere feet away? Excellent story LTW.

CagivagurlCagivagurlalmost 2 years ago

5 stars... Loved the flow... Great tale.

Cagivagurl

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 2 years ago

An amazing story by a great storyteller! You have a gift, and thank you for sharing your gift with us. 5 stars.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 2 years ago

Bravo. There's a lot of dust in here. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Other than rushing to the ending too fast. It was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Should've known that it being laptopwriter, this could be a masterpiece. But, to more or less quote Callie in StangStar06's "Turning Towards Ohio," "I didn't know you were going to do it like that." QuickMagazine just kept hitting that 5 button before beginning these remarks. What a beautiful tie-in to the Foreigner song, fulfilling and exceeding any expectations BR might have had of what this invitational could produce. Just want to add that there's some common elements here to Carvohi's "Once Upon A Time In Emmitsburg." Cue wet eyes.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

You craft a beautiful tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome!

Omart57Omart57almost 2 years ago

You made this old guy's eyes leak, a couple of times! Great story, LTW! Thanks!

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed it, but, to echo a previous correspondent, crocodile tears needs editing out as they are false and insincere.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

Honestly this should have been in romance

RK52RK52almost 2 years ago

Awesome story. I love when Randy start a “competition” but it’s really not that. The best authors stepping up to tell the best stories. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice tale, even somewhat original :) Though it should have some kind of epilogue including confrontation with either paternal degenerate grandparents or biological father

CD1929CD1929almost 2 years ago

Kick ass story-one of your best-5 stars!

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 2 years ago

Beautiful, enchanting, and uplifting story coming out of the mind of a great writer. I read there are three ways to be born and be likely to succeed in life. 1-To be born rich for money can definitely help you to succeed. 2-To be born smart, for you can find your way in life and success using your gift. 3-Finally, to be born lucky, because it will beat the other two hands down, since you will be always at the right place and at the right time to grab all the opportunities life offers and become successful. I think dear Carter Larrabee fell in the last category. Thanks for the story

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

Another OUTSTANDING story by a "Master of the Quill" story-teller.

\

If there is a miss it would be near the end; it would be for Carter getting some satisfaction against his parental bible-thumpers. As Carter's DNA would legally squash any denials. If Carter chose, he would not have a legal name rather than a street. A lawsuit against the thumpers/church could better his mothers lot in life as the story made her to be poor off!

\

Did Carter ever graduate high school? Leave it to ILL-noise & Cook County, 'Child Foster Services' to FAIL another child. Did Carter ever use his Library card?

\

6******, Hooyah, Salutes...

katranmankatranmanalmost 2 years ago

Well written story, ***** stars!

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyalmost 2 years ago

5* and 2 Kleenex. Didn't see that ending coming at all!

Tarloso2Tarloso2almost 2 years ago

Ending left open and needs to be expanded..FATHER??..

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Fine story. Eyes leaking five

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Really lovely story with a lot of depth and character development along the way. The ending seemed a little more rushed than I would have preferred but all turned out well other than having to find a tissue for my cloudy eyes. Thanks for writing and sharing this and for participating in Randi’s event.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 2 years ago

Great story as always, EXCEPT:

I found it hard to accept that the girl, who bought him a phone, didn't phone him about Spring Break.

Or anything. For quite a few days. Can't be bothered to check back the details.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

Amazing story!!!

It would be nice to see a sequel/sidequel with revenge on the "fathers" relative and the church.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

you should be proud of yourself.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story telling . You all know the odds of winning the lottery. There is no way Stan would have held it together going through hell since birth. An catching that ticket to happiness and success. But it’s a great read for a fantasy story .

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"I looked over at my bride who also had crocodile tears running down her cheeks." - Crocodile tears are insincere tears, her tears were real.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

No comment necessary. Thanks for sharing.

saxman1947saxman1947almost 2 years ago

Ditto on the crocodile tears.

I guess it was a bridge too far for Olivia to be his mom and Charlene be his sister.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

Sex on a twin is the best sex there is. My wife of 21 years and I sleep on a twin. I credit that twin bed with our awesome sex life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just brilliant!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous