Corruption Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sydney was so going to tease her over this. Her first one-night-stand.

Or more accurately, her first sex friend. Sex acquaintance? She didn't know what to call him.

Max walked to the elevator. If she remembered correctly, the club was at the 51st floor.

Currently, she was on the 63rd floor.

A 63-story building in the middle of the capital. A guy that's her age owned it.

The more she knew about the guy, the more apprehensive she gets.

For some reason, Ellison followed after her. This is going to be a bumpy ride, Max thought.

She wanted to get out of the elevator, but that would've been rude.

The door slowly closed and they started going down. As expected, the air turned awkward.

"Are you still going to drink?" she asked, somewhat trying to break the ice.

"Is that small talk?"

She pursed her lips and kept quiet.

Shortly after, the door opened and she went off immediately. Again, Ellison followed after her. She wanted to ask why, but she decided not to.

She found Sydney wasted on the dance floor. Sighing, Max was about to carry her over outside when Ellison offered to do so. She'd never refuse a helping hand as useful as a pair of muscles like Ellison if she really needed it. So she nodded.

They took the elevator to the ground floor, the atmosphere completely silent besides Sydney's murmurings.

After laying Sydney down the sofa on the lounge, Ellison looked around. Noticing the empty streets, he said, "You mentioned being 30 minutes away from here. Do you guys need a lift? I can drive."

"No need. I'm calling a cab," Max replied.

As if finding the tone of her response slightly rude, she added, "Thanks anyway."

"I don't want to entrust two beautiful drunk women to a random cab driver."

"It's okay. This is a nice neighborhood, as I'm sure you know."

"Yes, but it would be better if I drove."

"Would it?"

"I thought you said you trusted me more than anyone."

"This is...a different situation."

"I don't see why it has to be," Ellison retorted.

Max sighed. "You're so persistent." She might as well have said yes. Immediately, Ellison took out his phone and called someone. A minute later, he put Sydney's arms over his shoulders again and led her outside. A car stopped right in front of them the following second. The valet driver came out and helped with Sydney.

"Get inside," Ellison said. Slightly hesitating at first, she went in anyway.

After making sure their seatbelts were on, Ellison drove.

"So where am I taking you? Separate?" he asked, driving out of the establishment. It was only now that Max was noticing how big this place was. The garden outside was nothing short of extravagant. She was sure she saw yellow roses at some point. They looked like those really pretty venues for celebrity weddings. In fact, she's probably written a tabloid about a high profile wedding that took place here. Considering the size, this may extend past a few resorts and hotels.

"No. Sydney and I live together. She needed a place to stay after....an incident."

"Where and what street?"

"Atkinson Street. The one near the Plaza."

He pressed a button and a map suddenly expanded on the screen. After specifying her address, a route appeared, detailing the left and right turns they needed to make.

Max had never ridden a smart car remotely close to this caliber. She had a feeling it was more expensive than the building of the apartment she rented out.

She chuckled, running her hands discreetly on the leather seats. Having three brothers who were car enthusiasts, Max herself didn't know much about them, but she had a feeling they'd freak out over this futuristic vehicle.

The ride home was a quiet one. Max didn't know what to say. Sydney, on the other hand, mumbled a lot behind her on the rear seats.

"You're really good at driving," Max complimented. And she meant it. Now the car should've helped with off-road, but Ellison made complicated twists and turns while making it easy. Despite being slightly tipsy from the alcohol, she didn't feel the motion.

"Thanks." Ellison said before adding, "I've been driving for a long time. Since I was teenager, actually. Woah, I'm sorry. Is that too much information? Wouldn't want you to fall in love," he teased with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes, replying after a minute, "I just don't want it to blow up on our faces."

"Nothing and no one's gonna blow in your face except me."

She flushed at the dirty and daring statement, taking a quick side glance at her sleeping best friend and making sure she hadn't heard.

"Seriously speaking, neither do I. So loosen up a little bit, Max. Don't forget that we're doing this to have fun."

Maybe she had been too harsh. There wasn't any joy having sex with someone you continuously antagonize.

"You're right. I'll count this as small talk then," she said. He laughed.

"So, anything about earlier today you particularly enjoyed?"

She coughed.

"If we're continuing this, I should know what you're into," he explained.

"Uh, you first."

"Sure. I loved the hair-pulling. Hurt my scalp, but I'd definitely recommend doing it again. The way you came in my mouth—"

"Okay—stop, stop, stop." Ellison laughed as Max covered her face. She felt her cheeks flush in uncommon heat. "Do you never get embarrassed? Jesus. Sydney is behind us."

"She's passed out. Even if she heard, she probably wouldn't remember."

Max rolled her eyes at his shamelessness.

"Well?" he asked.

"I....like the slapping. And the, um, choking. I like the pinching too. It keeps me awake."

He smirked. "What a coincidence. I liked doing them too."

"The cervix thing....was really new."

"Oh, you loved that."

She palmed her face. Is this how sex friends talked about sex?

"Any freaky thing you're into?" he asked.

She thought for a moment before speaking, "Maybe....blindfolds?"

He nodded. "Kind of tame, but we'll work with that. Let's build it up from there next time then."

After a few seconds, the car stopped.

"We're here," he said, putting the car in parking mode.

"Thank you for the ride."

He smirked. "Which one?"

Max cursed herself. She walked right into that one.

"You need help with Sydney?" he asked.

"No, I've got it." Ellison felt she could use some help, but he figured he shouldn't push his luck. You don't immediately bombard an independent person with help. It had to be gradual.

Dragging Sydney with her arms around her shoulders, Max went inside the building as Ellison watched.

It took a minute before he woke from his reverie.

Ellison drove home.

Well, "home" might be the incorrect term. He didn't know if he had that. He owns houses. It was only a matter of which one is more convenient to sleep in.

He loved the penthouse, but he doesn't usually stay there because it was a little far away from work.

The condominium he was currently staying at belonged to his parents when they were in college. It had a sky view of the whole city. Sometimes, he'd watch the sunrise. His work or hobbies usually left him awake and energetic until noon anyway.

He looked at his watch. It was a quarter to 4:00 in the morning.

He was home earlier than usual.

Ellison grabbed his phone and called Henry.

"Elli, what's the matter?"

He looked at his hand. The same one that had touched Max's soft and supple body all over.

"What have you found out for me?"

"Max Filcher. She graduated top of her class, majoring in Journalism. Two parents, three brothers. One of them was involved in a drug scandal. Pretty high-profile considering he was an excellent start-up. The company came tumbling down after that."

"What about her job?"

"She's working for the Daily Press. I hear she's excellent, if somewhat fiery and overarching. Her supervisor hates her for that."

Ellison laughed. Of course she was. That fire can't be replicated.

"She said she interviewed for a job."

"Yes. At the Dayton Post about two weeks ago."

His eyebrows raised. "Dayton? That's ...."

"The newspaper company that's been trying to uproot our deals with the Senate, yes."

"He's an excellent journalist. Very, very intuitive." He rarely complimented activists, but Dayton was definitely tenacious.

Ellison added after a while, "Have you tried paying him off?"

"You said it was irrelevant. He'd have to dig up everything to stop the deal from happening. It would be a miracle if he even gets a scoop, considering all of our bases are covered from head to toe."

"Pay him off. I need him to hire somebody. Or at least meet her." Ellison figured the man should be impressed with Max's charisma. By then, the bribe won't matter.

"The girl?"

"Yes."

"Okay. I'll try."

"Get her inside no matter what. I don't care how."

"Understood." The butler answered without question.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"It's morning, Elli. We'll see each other later."

"Bye, Henry."

Ellison dropped the call. Henry has been with the family even before he was born. He practically raised the entire Albrecht clan these past two generations. His mother lent him Henry and he hasn't let go of the old man since. The butler's efficiency was second to none. More than that, Ellison appreciated him like a grandfather.

As proof to his competence, an email was shortly sent to Ellison's phone after he dropped the call.

Max's work. Her portfolio of articles over the years.

Taking a seat, Ellison read them one by one.

She really had a talent for the written word. Every sentence hooked him, as irrelevant as the subject matter was—which was basically most of her official work. You wouldn't peg Max to be the kind of journalist who cared about real issues just from her writing.

Except when she was a student, where she was completely free from her job and its shallow expectations for her.

Clear and concise, she denigrated capitalism and several systems in place like they were worthless soliciting whores who didn't deserve a say in any platform. And with every word he read, Ellison's eyes sparkled. He relished in it. Like swirling good wine in your mouth.

So sentimental, each word taking into account the value of other people's lives, as opposed to his world where all it ever was were numbers on a page.

With each article, his desire to break her grew. To imagine this beautiful girl adorned in the most sinful items created by the system she clearly abhorred..... It was driving him insane.

Ellison thought of a plan. Something that would make her embrace him and all that he represented in this fucked up world.

He hasn't had this much fun in years.

Max woke up feeling lighter than ever. She could feel her limbs working more clearly than it ever did. There was a slight ache on her lower body, but it was understandable considering how hard she went at it yesterday. In fact, given his impressive size, it was a miracle she felt okay.

She checked the time. It was already past noon.

Max got up and washed her face. In the mirror, her pale skin was showcased in warm lighting. She actually looked brand new, like her skin peeled off to reveal a smooth surface. Was this the so-called afterglow?

"Ugh. My head." She heard a voice behind her.

Max chuckled, "Who told you to drink so much?"

Sydney was leaning on the bathroom's doorframe.

"Eugh. I know, I know. Sorry I left you," she groaned, washing her face. Max quickly got out of the way to avoid hitting her.

"It's fine."

"Oh, yeah. How did it go with, um, that guy?" Sydney pinched her forehead.

Max flinched. She wondered if she should tell Sydney.

"Eh. We separated a little after you left." She decided not to. For now, at least.

"That's a shame. He was hot. And clearly he was interested in you."

Boy does she have instincts, Max thought. It never even occurred to her until after the excessive eye-contact. "I don't think so."

"Yeah, yeah. 'Cuz you're so reliable in knowing other people's feelings," Sydney chortled.

Max scoffed playfully. Suddenly, her phone vibrated on the bathroom counter, interrupting Sydney's attempts to wash her face clean of last night's clubbing. Max's eyes widened with anticipation as she recognized the phone number.

"Hello?" she answered nervously.

"Hey, Max! This is John. The guy who interviewed you two weeks ago? From the Dayton Post. Sure hope I didn't wake you. How are you today?" a kind voice sounded from the other end.

Max's heart raced as she replied, "Yes! I remember, of course. I'm good, thanks. Uh, you?"

"I'm doing great. Thanks. Anyway, I have fantastic news for you."

Max's hands trembled, and nodded her head, forgetting that John couldn't see her. "Yes?"

The man over the phone delivered the news straightforwardly, "We finished reviewing all applicants, and we think you're the perfect fit for us. The job is yours!"

Max's eyes grew wide, and a toothy smile crept across her face. She couldn't believe it. Her dream job since, well, forever. Oh, imagine the people she could help.....

She clamped a hand over her mouth to stifle a scream of joy.

Sydney had been hovering nearby all this time, and when she heard Max's reaction, she rushed over, "What's going on? Did you get it?"

Max grinned as she nodded her head excitedly, covering the phone so she wouldn't be heard. "I got the job!"

Sydney screamed and hugged her, and they both jumped up and down with glee.

Max brought the phone back up to her ear, "Thank you so much! I... I can't believe this is happening."

John chuckled on the other end of the line, "We're thrilled to have you on board, Max. You'll receive an email shortly with all the details you need to know. But you should expect to start around Monday. We'll brief you in. See you then!"

After she said her goodbyes, Max hung up the phone, still grinning from ear to ear. Her dreams were finally coming true, and she had her best friend by her side to celebrate. Right after waking up in this amazing physical condition.

Max never had a better morning.

Just thinking about the amount of people she could help with this made her shake in excitement. She could finally say goodbye to writing irrelevant gossip she didn't care one bit about.

"Ow, ow. We moved around too much. My head is splitting." Sydney closed her eyes in pain as she hissed.

Max led her to the bed before handing her a glass of water.

"I'm sorry. This is your moment and I can't even celebrate—ouch."

"Don't worry about it, Syd. Just take a breather. I'm going to lay down, okay?" Max herself felt lightheaded after all the jumping around.

"Go, go. I'll be here. Thanks. Congratulations, girl," Sydney said genuinely.

"Thanks, thanks."

Max went to her room and laid down. It still wasn't sinking in. She doubted it would until maybe after her first day on the job.

She texted her mom and dad to tell them the great news. It took a few minutes of conversation before she was finally able to calm down.

Scrolling through her contacts, her eyes were suddenly drawn to her recent addition.

She got her dream job and a hunk she could fuck with no strings attached all in a day's work.

Who knows what would happen tomorrow?