All Comments on 'The Cuckold's Son, Redux - Finish'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Good conclusion to the previous chapter! I'm not sure if I prefer your original one chapter story or this two chapter one.

5

francemanfranceman10 months ago

More humiliation, more shame.

Children go off the rails for much less than that.

Limit I expected a suicide to escape all that.

Personally, I liked it even less.

By playing too much in the mud, you no longer recognize anyone.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So. Many. Names.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I have a problem with faith not communicating at all with Danny

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

kind of a rushed "fairy tale" ending. but i did sooo LOVE it thank you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I hope this really is the end of this saga. It's taken such a dark turn and an improbable one too. Maddy decides to become a cam whore (there was no suggestion of this in Redux part one), Bob turns out to have killed a man and gotten away with it, at least up til now, although with more and more people becoming aware of his secret it's only a matter of time before justice catches up with him, meanwhile Faith takes a job as an events hostess which she chooses not to tell Danny about thus promoting in Danny's mind the idea that she is withdrawing from him emotionally or worse still, cheating on him. I really don't think this has any more mileage left in it. It's a good story but let's leave it where it is.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Congratulations, you took a good, heart-warming story and turned it into trash.

Pappy7Pappy710 months ago

Seriously, girl friend couldn't find 5 minutes to call him back or text him or something? That in itself is inexcusable, except as a plot device. Could have used something else. The boy was the only one in this shitshow that didn't deserve that kind of treatment from the author. As for Mom, I wouldn't think that there would be anyway back from her decisions. Piercings can come out, ink is forever a reminder to everyone of your poor decision making. Resolution should also involve a new start somewhere else, maybe Iceland or some place like that.

bhill8671bhill867110 months ago
Maybe it's just me,

Buy I don't see what this story has to do with the original story. This story was so bad that I couldn't get past the first page. Minus 1,000,000 stars.

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

Danny needs to ditch his family, get as far away from them as possible, Australia seems like a good choice.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 months ago

Why did Faith just tell Danny what she was doing?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

“Whelp, looks like this little fracas is just about over.” Certainly one of the most forced RAACS ever conceived! All that being said, it was entertaining. 3*

Harryin VAHarryin VA10 months ago

Okay the whole background thing about why Steven was that way when it came to sex and the background event involving the postal worker boss supervisor and his mother.. . is well done and it makes sense and it explains a lot.

.

Faith who is supposed to be Danny's true love going off and getting a modeling job and not telling him… but now claiming that she's doing it for us… NO.!!! just no. That doesn't work.

.

doing it for "us "is not the same thing as doing something and not telling your partner about it

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

The only fans references were interesting, I have often wondered how lucrative they are for their “content creators.” This was surely a massive change from the original, some of it worked, some of it didn’t. An interesting effort, in any event, even though mom fell to some astonishing lows. Odd how she couldn’t have an abortion because of her religion, but she had no apparent qualms, until the end of the tale, about her less than catholic approach to sex.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Abrupt ending but a good story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Stop it already. This franchise was finished with your rewrite of the original. Now, you look like you're either obsessed with the story, stalking yourself, or, worst of all, a one-trick pony. Walk away and write something else....

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

For such a good author to post a story as off kilter as this one is mind boggling. You should have left it after the original chapter, but you keep posting and digging a deeper hole that you can’t climb out of. Write this off as a mistake and get back to what you do best.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Way too farfetched. Just was another chapter that wasn’t needed

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just got more ridiculous as it went on. Icing on the cake, Danny is an idiot to believe Faith. She'll turn into a cheating skank slut if she isn't one already. Child services should be called to save Whitney from this pile of trash.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dumb.

Just stop. The horse is dead. Stop beating it.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4610 months ago

Not too many "happily ever after" stories in this world. this one almost makes it.

miket0422miket042210 months ago

A lot of time spent showing how Faith has been pulling away from Danny for 6 months. Seemed like the author rushed through them reconnecting.

With everything else going on to crap in his life I'm not sure Danny would have accepted her explanation that quickly despite their long history.

Otherwise decent story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Faith has no right to act offended. It's not that fucking hard to tell your boyfriend u are working as a model and don't have time to talk. Cheating whore or fucking idiot....one of those two.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The original story was much better than this 2-chapter abomination and I really didn't even care for it. Drop it already!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"You can be fired for any reason and you have no recourse." - I don't know how true that bis, in real life, anyway. MAYBE the Postal Service could fire her at will, but presumably a manager would need to provide valid reasons to his bosses. Complaining to management about the harassment might have been useless for that, but I still question his ability to fire her without cause.

<<<

@rockdoctor63, I agree. So their schedules made it hard to phone, or chat, or FaceTime, but she can't send an email?

<<<

I would have definitely stopped sending checks to her family.

<<<

I guess it's too late now, and I don't remember how it was dealt with in the earlier stories, but how the wife wouldn't give up the baby for at least a CHANCE to save her marriage is beyond me.

BigfundrewBigfundrew10 months ago

Ok... here's a summary:

Misery.....

Humiliation...

Woe....

Despair...

Betrayal...

Heartache...

Sadness...

Repeat, repeat, repeat.....

*Boop* everything's better now! Yay! Life is great.

Theeeeeee end.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Remarkable redux . I enjoyed your first story , even if it was over the top it was amusing and entertaining. This version however , was an in depth character study . I really liked the outcome . 5 stars and a standing ovation.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit10 months ago

Realistic but doesn’t quite fit. Why didn’t Faith tell Danny about her job? When Steven wanted to put the family back together, why not remove some of the community disapproval by moving to another town?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You know what, the author? I can understand a lot of things! But, but, but.. It was (I can't find the right word) - FUCKING AWESOME! Bravo - 5 quintals! *****

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You know what, the author? I can understand a lot of things! But, but, but.. It was (I can't find the right word) - FUCKING AWESOME! Bravo - 5 quintals! *****

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So, this one handled my complaint from the last one just full stop ending everyone sucks. Danny didn't become any more likeable until the end of the story.

That said, taken as two different entities the original story and the redux were fairly well done. Seeing the mother spiral was very obvious as in the original she also turned to self-harm. I was worried it was going to spiral totally into darkness with the Faith thing... also the stressed issue that led the dad into this life made sense... hell it could have ended up as an episode of Criminal Minds. So... I will leave with a sentiment that others have shared, but not for the wrong reasons. This story has reached a logical, if rushed closure point. Let these characters go without plotting their future. This should be the ending, and even rushed it was a fine ending. But please I don't need Redux Redux now in 3D where Whitney goes through it now! Let it go.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Worse than it's predecessor, which was bad.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Faith asked him "how could you doubt me?". How could he not doubt her? Had Becky explained Faith's job to him when he visited, would that have changed his opinion of what was going on?

cyendreycyendrey8 months ago

Should have stopped with the first one. The “redux” just a ssdd of a formulaic storyline. YMMV

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf818 months ago

I rather like the redux version. And becky is just a bitch... seriously LYING that way... absolutely ZERO care for the consequences of her words.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

Ok the characters kind of morphed in this one and the ones I liked very little improved.... the ones I liked more got a bit worse, then better. Enjoyed it... But why didn't faith tell him she was working? That's dumb what did she expect him to think?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I liked both stories using the same people. I know a story with thses kinds of situations these both had would had to end close to the same way. My take is the men in the area and the boys at the school once this was out would of done any and everything possible to get their foot in the open door of both renditions, maybe a third try?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Dig for what?

Don't really know what you were trying for But gave you average for attempts

shopratshoprat6 months ago

I liked the way you finally wrapped this version up, but the middle chapter (the rewrite) almost extinguished Danny as a sympathetic character for me. The 2 taken together are somewhat more plausible than the original version. I'd say overall both are good stories, but not your best. Thanks for the stories!

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

I'll make a joke of it, but are you starting to write as many endings as George Anderson's story has?

Back to this, one, good alt ending, you have a good plot, nice characters and descriptions going on in all of these.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another generationof deranged, evil creatures? Good grief

LechemanLecheman6 months ago

Enjoyed the story in contrast to the vitriol from some of your readers.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magician5 months ago

Sorry, I really don’t buy this. Actually, I’m not sorry I don’t like it. I loved the original version in which Danny left home. I doubt that Danny could turn into a Cuck just like his father. He may not have had sex with his mother but he enabled her behavior so he was as bad as any cuck husband. Keep up the good work. I’ll give you five stars for the original story and 2 stars for the last two. Had I been your editor, I would have encouraged you to go a different direction. MtM

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This was the saddest, lowest, most fucked up piece of trash I've ever read. I wonder what possessed this normally good author to write this...

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT4 months ago

I'm with Merlin. What the author called over the top was the best of all of them.

gatorhermitgatorhermit4 months ago
Pros and Cons

Pros: logical portrayal of consequences as they roll across generations. Sobering view of what it is like to be in the adult entertainment business. A sort of happy ending. Author refrained from distracting political comments.

Cons: a very dark story; nothing erotic or entertaining… kind of watching a series of wrecks on an interstate during a bad storm. No humor.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Absolutely Disgusting.

Talk about leaving well enough alone. Each installment is worse than the last.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler3 months ago

It is hard to put lipstick on a pig and have the viewer believe it isn’t a pig. Ok, that cliche is also worthless. But. It is my view of these last two stories. That said, I still think you are one of the best writers in the LW category. I will continue to follow you because you write well. Thanks and I look forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Thr beauty of the Internet is that there is so much content being made that it quickly gets drowned in the deluge of crap. Yes I'm sure that the better among us can hunt out and find obscure stuff, but honestly the majority would be completely oblivious to their next door neighbour making 500k a year from OF until it appears as an infomercial on news feeds and even then most would still miss it and the OF person would turn out to be wealthy enough to be a nomad.

When you live in a city no one gives a fk and when you live in a small town it's unlikely that you'd ever be found.

ReadyOneReadyOne2 months ago

In another iteration, it's said that a partner in Steven's law firm posted the original clip that the Olsen twins used to harass Danny.

.

That is the only mention. Seems to me like Steven would have raised holy hell with them, but they paid nothing for their crime in any story.

donjuan1954donjuan19542 months ago

Good read, but I enjoyed the original more.

SeaChangerSeaChanger2 months ago

I liked the first story ...

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 months ago

In the first iteration, Danny is the "monk" who overworks to succeed; in this one, it's Faith.

In the first iteration, Steven is basically a shit husband and Maddie is a coerced wife; in this one, Steven is a flawed husband in love and I don't know how to describe Maddie - it's not like she *needed* to escalate to get by financially.

In both stories, I can't help but wonder why Maddie didn't take *off* her son's present before slutting herself since *that's* what effectively Danny most (besides the fear he might be like his dad).

Faith in this one... really? How long does it take to call or text someone "I've got a legitimate job modeling and it's eating up a lot more time. Love¹ you."

KahunabobKahunabobabout 2 months ago

3 stars. Because it's reasonably well written. But Mommy dearest going the OF Milf / Cam Milf route? Bit too much of a suspension of disbelief. Especially after the first Redux chapter. Same goes for Danny being OK with it. It'd have been more believable if Danny got CPS involved and got custody of Whitney, moving to Dallas to be with Faith. As for the Faith story arc... her pulling away and not responding to anything? Not even a text or a link to her professional portfolio to let Danny know what she's doing? I'm not buying it. Especially if the two of them were so lovey dovey before.

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 month ago

Agree with kbob below, faiths behavior was not that of a person working hard, she would have told him what she was doing, to just ghost him was BS.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 1 month ago

Gotta four this one.

I agree with a lot that kbob said.

Still like your stories working my way through them...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...