All Comments on 'The Politician's Husband'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments
waratahwaratah11 months ago

That was bloody funny. Cutting as hell too.

Top job.

KarnevilKarnevil11 months ago

Well, everything that's needed for a classic BTB story, by everything I mean a gormless cheating wife, a lover, or in this case lovers, plural, equally gormless, oh, and let's include a little prostitution for good measure. Then of course the husband, who's some kind of supersluth with a brilliant plan. He's also the nicest, most honest guy in the world, except he's not. He is in fact a dishonest, lying all around knobend. The only thing missing was the long time female acquaintance, secretly in love with him, waiting to declare her everlasting devotion.

Basically a collection of clichés to please the knuckle dragging cavemen. A story chock full of hateful people, rather like examining a pigsty just after feeding time.

The author, through the words of his character claims the United States is the most sophisticated country the world has ever known, I'm afraid he doesn't do much for his argument with the actions described here.

remb95remb9511 months ago

Very interesting beginning.

MwestohioMwestohio11 months ago

I like your writing.

miket0422miket042211 months ago

You know it's a work of fiction when you imply that the Washington Post would ever run a story that's damaging to a member of the "Blue Crew".

Decent little partial story. Had potential to be further developed into a full story.

cwbuddycwbuddy11 months ago

Good story, but why nothing about Fatima Alemu being married to her brother or funneling tax dollars to her current husbands "consulting" company?

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoods11 months ago

Nice story, however he visited the "powder room" wtf??

FireFox59FireFox5911 months ago

OK story but seemed pretty rushed and emotionless to me.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat11 months ago

Good story. Although, I’d like to see it fleshed out a little more. I liked the parallel universe of the current shitshow in DC, but feel it wasn’t quite finished. Even at that … I really like what we got. 5*

Lector77Lector7711 months ago

Fun political satire. Hope a certain congressman from CA doesn't choke too hard when he sees a mirror image…

PierremanvisPierremanvis11 months ago

Just frigging brilliant :)

imhaplessimhapless11 months ago

You have a good lock on itics past and present; however, I'd like to know where that "V-burger" is in Mclean (ha, ha)

tnoldguytnoldguy11 months ago

OK. I’m stating one of my my pet peeves. You used ‘emphasize’ where the context implies ‘empathize’. Emphasize means to shine a light on or otherwise make something obvious or apparent. Empathize means to feel with - like putting yourself in someone’s situation, similar to sympathize which means to feel for.

BeBopper99BeBopper9911 months ago

5***** Thanks for an original story. So, it's true. All politicians in DC are narcissitic sociopaths!

GamblnluckGamblnluck11 months ago

I tried to comment as anonymous (although I sign my comments). it did not appear.. I guess you have that blocked.

I gave you 5 stars for this story although I felt you did not do the story justice. You left out so much.

Lan knew his wife was cheating but not the full extent. How? It would have helped the story.

obviously he had confronted his wife before because she was not concerned he knew her previous trusts. She was solely concerned to curtail problems this time. in other words protect her career.

Your innuendo were great. I am almost ashamed to admit I almost missed the Vburger reference. I skimmed over it.. It was not until you mentioned it a second or third time and how tasty it was that I got it.

I personally love adding that stuff.

I'd like an expanded version. I think it would be worth the effort.

GamblnluckGamblnluck11 months ago

To some of the comments about misused words.

This is often due to autocorrect features. a similar word is substituted. Also editing features do not help.

Wavedave45Wavedave4511 months ago

Including that part where she tries to get her husband onboard to help with damage control was really great. That whole supportive spouse crap has always pissed me off whenever I see it happen in real life. They'll have the betrayed spouse come out holding hands with the person that cheated on them and give a statement about standing by them. It could be a politician involved in underage human trafficking or a teacher sleeping with her middle school students, just the most abhorrent behavior that would normally have their spouses leave without a word to avoid doing something that would land themselves in prison. They have an emptiness to their eyes and look stiff as a board. It's a nice touch when the statement is short and simple but they have to read it form a piece of paper. The entire nation knows what they say is complete bullshit and seeing it made me wonder what that discussion was like that got them to agree.

Personally I'd double-cross the piece of crap. I'd agree but throw them under the buss in front of the news cameras. Throw in whatever else that will land them in hot water. Maybe play a recording of a racist rant they made when drunk. If they cut my mic before it finishes I'll throw out to the reporters all her gross granny underwear she wears during her periods. Written them with a sharpie be a list of her biggest insecurities and a drop box address with the recording and many more like them. More videos. Scans of the worst and most embarrassing things in her journal. Any photo I have that cause her to be hated even if it's only by one person. Nuke her world and divert the dead radioactive remains into the sun.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit11 months ago

That’s outstanding! Excellent storyline and well written. Only missed one item: sending a copy of the recording incriminating both cheaters to oldmanballs’ wife. I get that Landon was only interested in revenge, but any decent news org would pay a lot to have exclusive access to the recording.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

5 stars for BTB and well written story, and the fact that you managed to insult EVERYONE politics wise. Good show! I have my own political views, but the main one is that all politicians are shit, so if you dump on them all equally, I'll fully support that.

Wish there was a happy ending for main character, but hey, it's a 2 pager, can't have everything.

Harryin VAHarryin VA11 months ago

AOC fucks Kevin McCarthy? Really?.

Nobody can be that politically incompetent except maybe for the orange douche bag trump

Harryin VAHarryin VA11 months ago

The presentation of the facts regarding health care in the united states was quite accurate .

.

Even though the health care system in the USA is extremely expensive it is close to collapse because of the lack of doctors in the right places the. Lack of rural hospitals in other locations and the problems with staffing and nurses.

.

Since we cannot go back to the 1970s and 1980s because time travel is essentially impossible due to the laws of physics.... the only solution is to take out the profit margin and insurance companies.

.

However given the fact that 30 to 40% of the country is really fucking stupid and conservative they're not going to allow that to happen because they think it's some form of Socialism.

.

Probably the only solution that's even close to being workable in the US is the Canadian solution which involves two different Healthcare systems. A public or government one which features wait times that can be extensive and a private Health Care insurance which is extremely less expensive than the USA and does not have nearly the wait times.

This solution would please most people politically. If you want or support government Healthcare they would be a system for you but if you did not and you did not want to be forced to pay into a system you did not approve of you could always go with the Private health care insurance

WargamerWargamer11 months ago

Very well constructed story, l loved it. It’s the story of the day

Well worth the 5/5 lm giving it.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great I guess?

ArdieffArdieff11 months ago

I am confused? Is this a piece of fun? Or some kind of Trumper fantasy AOC hit piece??

demanderdemander11 months ago

What Harry says! D

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

That's a story?

skruff101skruff10111 months ago

Now that’s the way to do it, 5*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Lovely take on both sets of idiots in USA. Good fun. Being from Ireland...not happy about the stereotype!!

TC Ireland

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

How you can tell it was a fantasy: Republicans caring about a scandal in their ranks; Republicans not watching FOX; Republicans putting forth a good Healthcare bill. Nicely done.

the6ulprsnthe6ulprsn11 months ago

Just gotta be political. Last thing I want is to read a politics based story on Literotica. 1*

Meisterberger1Meisterberger111 months ago

Excellent on so many levels.

SKHPSKHP11 months ago

Top story! But I didn't get how much the husband really knew about her dalliances and how he got that intel.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TonyGWTonyGW11 months ago

Brilliant.

Absolutely loving your work.

Tired old trope and every cliche in the book wound together onto a humorous and thoroughly entertaining flash.

MormonJackMormonJack11 months ago

Wow... I give you 5 stars just for all the people that were skewered, albeit indirectly. But I also give you 5 stars for a great piece, creative use of "End of the Affair" and a single-consent state. And it's really well done. THANK YOU!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another low information author.

PowersworderPowersworder11 months ago

It started off great, then kind of fizzled out.

The main focus of this story wasn't the confrontation with his cheating wife, because he kept himself in check to get payback later by ruining her career. That means the main focus was the consequences... but then you ended it before the shit really hit the fan.

-

You needed to detail her being hounded by the press, the crazy fallout from her party, the MSM, and all her democrat friends and colleagues disowning her. Then go through the divorce, and how she reacted to it all. Was she furious at him for destroying her career? Or full of remorse and begging for a second chance now that her career was up in smoke?

-

I gave it a 4*, but you need to fully flesh out a story to justify 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Enjoyed the kick. Love it when pollies of any description are ragged.

My only disrespectful comment to your mighty nations is why the F@#k are you all so hung up on two behemoth underperforming political parties?

Seriously you vote, exercise your brains not just rights and do something positive about all the corruption (and that's L & R ) for nothing more than a future.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I find it hilarious that commentors will take off points for mentioning politics. We have reached the point of absurdity that we hold erotica writers more accountable than we do politicians and other celebrity figures.

MartyMartiniMartyMartini11 months ago

Try to find needed another Legislative effort as opposed to your central theme of "meaningful" change to Healthcare. We are still living with that, thanks to the Blue Crew, it called Obummercare.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I love reading about politicians of any party being burned at the stake. Her and the old fucker, fall right in line with the real life hypocrites.

Vancouverguy978Vancouverguy97811 months ago

Love the writing! From your blog, accuracy is 100% important.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The only best in the Loving Wives category since the new “guidelines” went into effect. It’s too bad that you had to malign the righteous members of our congress to do so, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get it past the purity committee I guess. I’m looking forward to more stories about Landon and his kin. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A sexless political screed? Oh boy, I stumbled on a winner this time.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Karnevil pretty well sums it up. I especially enjoyed: “A story chock full of hateful people, rather like examining a pigsty just after feeding time.” *1* Poppi123

goodshoes2goodshoes211 months ago

So, what else is new with the so-called Washington "elite"? Good story. Might be fiction, but I am sure real life in D.C. parallels your story, regardless of party affiliation.

kirei8kirei811 months ago

Love tongue-in-cheek humor! 5 stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

"Deputy U.S. Marshal Landon (Lan) Kelly" - Why do authors feel the need for parentheticals for nicknames or abbreviations? He was introduced as "Landon," does the author think that we won't know who "Lan" is?

\

The thinly-veiled reference to AOC and "The Squad" wasn't half as clever as you probably thought when you wrote it.

\

"Did you come to an 'understanding?'" Thank you for not saying that he made air/finger quotes, since the scare quotes tell us that.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This story was okay, although there wasn't much plot, and no sex, and you seemed more interested in making a political statement than in telling a LW story. I didn't appreciate the way you slanted the story. I'm not a fan of Trump or the "Christian" right, but the so-called "progressive" left is even worse. The Biden administration and "progressives" like AOC are destroying the country. I'm afraid it may already be too late.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Lol, ya triggered the right wing nut jobs but not the libs. Of course they ignored that AOC came in pretty squeaky clean in real life and she got reamed here. Kinda fun, really. Good creative story idea.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Laugh my ass off duuuude! Love it. Tits Guevara! LOL misunderstood social institution! Right from the kkk-manual 2023. LOL

I guess she’s done wrong spelling the ”beans“ LOL ups my bad

Love it, Five beans thumbs up. LOL bad again

Captcha

silentsoundsilentsound11 months ago

Too partisan and I'm not even political.

Otherwise a fun short.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A fairly decent LW story that was hurt by inserting the writer's politics, so I shall now insert my politics...

.

I'm not sure why you think that her having worked as a prostitute would be so damaging. After all, she's a politician, which is just a higher level of prostitution. I mean, especially as a Democrat, screwing people and taking their money is just another day in office. Besides, the left would cheer her for pulling off the double-win of getting concessions from the SotH and then costing him re-election (unless he decides to run as a Democrat).

.

To the idiot below who thinks that he must be some super sleuth (or "supersluth" as he put it): Well, first of all, he is a U.S. Marshall, so it's expected that he's at least a bit of a sleuth. Second, he figured out her history after the fact, which gave him insight into her future. Sorry, but that's basic, not super, sleuthing. Had this been her first time of cheating I might agree with the super sleuth bit. Sadly (for you), it was not.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu11 months ago

Gosh, I guess the moral lesson of the story is:

Never trust a politician, especially a beautiful lady politician.

Nice story.

Well-written.

Wish it could have been a little more with details on the on-going divorce and aftermath but hey it is what it is.

Thanks offkilter123.

KRD19254KRD1925411 months ago

Nine months, he never looked into her past before slipping the ring/noose around his neck? She is one well fine tuned experienced slut to get him to disregard all the obvious bedroom signs. Still a great BURN Beeeeoch BURN - CHEAT.

\

Harry wrote: "AOC fucks Kevin McCarthy? Really?", Kevy swings both ways - he's married w/kids and a politician (2020 lived with Dr. Frank Luntz, an openly gay pollster/lobbyist).

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes to burning the swamp.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

awful

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just too short. It was an excellent burn but I wanted to hear more of the fallout surrounding Julie. I appreciate the restraint the author showed on limiting political soapboxing.

nixroxnixrox11 months ago

1 star - delusional fantasy and a total waste of time - USA politics is the most boring subject on this planet - no one outside the USA cares.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved the innuendo. it took a 3 star story to a 5. You glossed over how Lan found out. He knew about her other affairs but she did not comment. she just confessed to a couple he did not know. It appeared this was not the first time he confronted her on the subject so she was obviously not as concerned about his reaction as the effect on her career.

this as all the makings of a great story cut down. still worth a 5 star rating Gamblnluck

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hey Karnevil, why don't you write a story and show us how to do it right?????

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hopefully there is some more to come and not just end here

offkilter123offkilter12311 months agoAuthor

Gamblnuck,

To my knowledge I don’t have anything turned off regarding comments. I read all comments but do not moderate them.

offkilter123offkilter12311 months agoAuthor

Imhapless,

There is no Vburger in McLean. There is however a Zburger in McLean with locations in MD and DC. Purely coincidental.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

SO dang boring. This is not the Lifeline channel -- it is a site for SEX stories.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell11 months ago

too much personal politics and demagoguery

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved it

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice writing. Third story and 3 winners. You are now a star writer, and congratulations.

deependerdeepender11 months ago

A good story well told. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Politics has a built-in self-destruct button. This is a FACT!

When a writer sees a self-destruct button, what make him just 'have to' push it?

You don't have the excuse of 'not being aware' -- your first after-story comment makes that abundantly obvious!

2-stars (the writing was good as with your others, but there are BIG deductions for stupidity with this one)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Three very good stories out of three submissions! I look forward to many more.

GardenshedGardenshed11 months ago

Great story, always love when politicians blow themselves up. Thanks for writing. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

If you think Milam & Green Texas distillery produces some of the world's best sipping whiskey, we aren't going to agree on much else either, I suspect. A standard LW story with a predictable BTB ending. 3* is a stretch, but here it is.

jazzharpjazzharp11 months ago

Disappointing. Not much of a story.

cookingwithgascookingwithgas11 months ago

Like Gamblnluck, my anonymous comment didn't post either. You should check that in your settings.

Five stars, very well written and conceived. I for one, appreciated the comedic value, and the tongue-in-cheek. More on that in a sec. I also applaud you for keeping your own political views hidden and out of the story, while slamming both sides equally.

The far left and far right criticism is not surprising, but it is sad. I grew up with the Sicilian mafia in Detroit and all their crooked politicians, including Pierre Delecto's daddy. Later, I spent too many years rubbing elbows with the Jewish mafia in Hollywood, and their own bought-and-paid-for politicians, like Schiff and bag-of-bones Maxine. I can sadly attest that in our congress, the number of people with any integrity number about a dozen, and they aren't any of the household names. it's not an "R" or a "D" problem, it's a DC problem, and ultimately on the voters who keep allowing it to fester.

But worse than corrupt politicians, who've been around since the beginning of time, is the fact that people's written opinions have now eclipsed and overtaken comedy and humor. Everyone's afraid to tell a joke, about a person, a political opinion, a gender, or race because we have a bunch of absolute morons, heading up the thought police. They can't even think for themselves! I digress.

Good pacing, and I agree with some others, that fleshing out how Landon figured it all out, would have been nice, but not necessary. I like your writing, and you tackled political satire very well. 5*

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit11 months ago

That was fun. I like the way you mocked all politicians and their bankrupt morality. Great stuff. It would have been interesting if you could have shown us more of how he caught on to everything and maybe allowed him to show some emotion beyond washing his face out of frustration. Very well written I just wanted more depth to add to what was already great.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Couldn't rate it because it is unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Could this more obviously be about AOC? Could you just come out and admit it? LOL....

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hate socialized medicine.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

How's this for a mouthful: Hilarious, brilliant, creative, skewed the right people, wonderful satire, equal opportunity abuse, cracked me up, an easy 5*. It continues to amaze me how many commenters on this site have no sense of humor. I loved your other two stories as well, and look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 stars for the Texas Boubon shoutout.

Partial to Rebecca Creek, and Sam Houston myself.

Burner70Burner7011 months ago

Pussy. My comments was better then your story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Dude, the WaPO would never diss a Dem, Pure horse......

Schwanze1Schwanze111 months ago

Some of the throwaway lines were bs but the story was fun.

Moral: Never marry a libtard.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Besides your awe inspiring stupid and insipid view of the right wing, the party that actively freed slaves and fought "progressively" invented Jim crow/left wing laws and policies that haunt freed americans to this day...not too bad a story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

How did you let this slip through?: “Believe it or not, I can emphasize with your situation.” Really? The story was simply too light to generate much emotion…or interest.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c111 months ago

You are not a tenth as clever as you think you are...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The politics aspect of this story soured my stomach. I have enough of it in everyday life and come here to read "fiction" that is far removed from reality. This was too close to reality and too political. I would have given it a 3 without the political crap but instead gave it a 1.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Let’s just say your facts on socialized medicine are for the birds. I know first hand how socialized medicine works. Sorry pal. By the way your political party was for slavery not the other way around. Get a real history book and read Other than that a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Probably inadvertently honest and accurate for The Swamp politics: The end justifies the means. More government is better government. What the voters don't know didn't happen and doesn't exist.

\

What is most piquant and revealing is that the whore has only ONE regret, getting caught. No guilt, no loss of self respect, no personal admonition or remorse. Just another soulless political vermin who swallowed more than she could digest and shit out. And the stupid cuck got what he married, so he got what he deserved.

\

Don't worry, the bench is Very deep. There will be another parasite to take her place as soon as the parties can agree on whom to draft. Thanks for your exposition. Wish I could say it was surprising.

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

Great story. You hammered both political parties pretty well without too much bias. I loved AOC’s, I mme Ms Rojas , fall. That’s pretty much how I see her. I’d like to see more stories of the Marshall. Maybe one about how this story shakes out.

Regguy69Regguy6911 months ago

Enjoyed it. Not a fan of political or religious stuff in these stories, but it was an integral part of the story.

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Your story had more Easter eggs than the annual children's roll down the South Lawn. I wonder if Vegas will run a morning line on whether the House speaker or the congressgal would express more outrage. Still more kudos for resurrecting Wilbur Mills: She was only a stripper at the Silver Slipper, but she had her ways and means. Final congrats for smoking out commentators from the tails on both sides of the bell curve; it was a bipartisan delight from inauguration to abdication.

schulz777schulz77711 months ago

I like it

5starrs

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"The only TV that he watched was Fox News and he was about done with them. Ever since they had fired Booker Henderson for saying on-air that Hitler had been badly maligned by the main stream media and that slavery was a misunderstood social institution, Newman had stopped watching them."

I only wish Fox was so based

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

Not a likeable person in the whole tale. I guess you can't expect much more if you're talking about Washington DC politics. 2*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...