Up To No Good

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, how was your hot date?" he teased.

"Once again, it was NOT a date. And it went well, ok."

He shrugged and began to put everything back in the fridge, once he'd built his sandwich. "I was just asking. Chill."

I took a seat at the kitchen table to watch him eat. He ate the sandwich in no time and the pizza slices were gone within a few seconds. He washed it all down with orange Slice soda. He burped loud enough so the neighbors could hear him.

"Ew! Excuse you!" I said.

He rubbed his belly. He looked too satisfied. "That was good food."

"I wish I knew how you stayed so skinny."

He eyed me quietly. "Sometimes I wish I would gain weight. I'm just a scrawny guy."

"You're not totally puny you know. I think you look...alright."

He smirked, "So do you. Don't tell me you're one of those girls obsessed with her weight."

"Oh, not at all. I'm totally fine with my weight," I lied.

"Good. Guys don't like skinny girls."

I laughed, "Yeah, right. Then why do you ogle Ms. Goodwin? She's like super skinny."

"Yeah, but she's got some nice little curves."

"You pig!" I threw a kitchen towel at him.

He laughed and I got up to leave. As I walked away I felt him looking at me. I had to smile. Connor could be a jerk sometimes, but I wouldn't love him any other way.

* * *

"So...how was the oh so FABULOUS party?" I asked Jamie on Monday during lunch. She hadn't called me all weekend, so I figured it must have gone pretty swell. "I tried calling you like a million times and all I got was your voicemail."

She nodded slowly and ate her baby carrots. "The party was...ok. I mean when I pictured a Lauren Goodwin party, I pictured dancing and beautiful people, good food and a lot of mingling. Instead, there was nothing but drunken Seniors, hot guys that never even looked at me, and a lot of cliques. Jorge was very welcome though." She rolled her eyes. "I was so bored that I began to drink. I drank a lot and before the party even ended, I was drunk as hell. I threw up twice and couldn't find Jorge. I ended up passing out on Lauren's couch and when I woke up, Lauren and one of Lauren's friends, Carla, were looking at me. Lauren told Carla to drive me home, before I caused more trouble. Carla drove me home, but it was like five that morning! Jorge had gotten a ride from someone else. I got home and you can imagine just how pissed off my parents were. They called me irresponsible and a drunk. They grounded me and all day yesterday I had a massive headache. I can't go out for the rest of the month!"

"Oh Sweetie, I'm sorry. What did Jorge say?"

She sneered, "Nothing. What COULD he say? He just smiled and charmed my parents. This was all on me, because I was the irresponsible one. Jorge was too busy charming the ladies at the party and being funny for Lauren. He was sort of their entertainment that night."

I groaned and took a sip of her water. I looked around the lunchroom and spotted Lauren and her friends laughing and having a good time. Her friend, Carla was with Jorge and was constantly touching his hair and giggling at anything he said. Could she be any more obvious that she wanted to bang him?

"It's ok, the month is almost over. Just two weeks. I promise, once you get un-grounded you and I can go do something."

She agreed, sadly.

"Oh and you know what I did Saturday? I called up Ryan Gables. He came over and we watched a movie. It was...nice."

Jamie smiled. "Ooh! So I see; Carrie has a new boyfriend?"

"No, no," I protested, "He's just...a friend."

Jamie studied me. "Hmm, then why are you blushing right now as we speak?"

I giggled. "Jamie! I like him yes, but he's just a friend. That's all."

"Then why does he keep looking over here?"

I turned to see where Jamie was looking and noticed Ryan. His eyes met mine and he waved. He was sitting with two of his friends. I waved back and turned around. I felt my face turning redder.

"Love is in the air!" Jamie teased.

"Shut up!" I laughed and looked slightly to my right where I saw Connor and his friends. My brother looked at me and then looked away.

* * *

The next day was almost like a dream, or nightmare I should say. When I woke up, Connor was already dressed and ready to go to school. Only he was wearing a red polo shirt, khaki slacks and dark brown sketcher boots. His hair was cut! I could actually see his eyes!

"Holy crap! Am I in the wrong house?" I said, as I entered the kitchen.

My mom giggled, "Doesn't he look handsome?"

I didn't know how to answer that.

"Um wow! Bro, what's going on?" I asked. I slowly took at seat at the kitchen table.

My father was reading the paper and my mother was beaming at my brother's new look.

"What's going on is that your brother is in love." My father said behind his newspaper.

I gasped, "In love? Oh my God!"

Connor happily ate his cereal.

"Oh, why are you surprised that he's in love?" My mom asked me.

"Because I didn't think he'd be CAPABLE of falling in love."

Connor sighed and got up to leave his bowl in the sink. "Hurry up Sis. I don't want to be late to school." With that, he went to brush his teeth.

I took two or three spoonfuls of cereal and hurried to the bathroom. I needed to know what in the world was going on. I had never seen Connor act this way!

"So...who may I ask are you in love with?" I asked curiously. I reached over to get my toothbrush.

"My, my. Aren't we nosy?" he said, with a mouthful of toothpaste.

"I'm just curious. I mean this girl must be the ONE; for you to have changed your appearance so much in the last twenty-four hours."

I began brushing my teeth, while he rinsed. M He looked at himself in the mirror to make sure he was good to go. "Lauren Goodwin."

I almost choked with the toothpaste in my mouth. I began to rinse my mouth and tried to avoid laughing. "Lauren Goodwin? Are you serious? You're in LOVE with Lauren Goodwin?"

He nodded.

"I know you and your loser friends drool over her, but c'mon! To be in LOVE? She doesn't even know you exist!"

He stood in front of me and crossed his arms. We were twins, but he was so much taller than me. "Oh, is that so? Then why did she ask me to paint her portrait?"

"Uh, because she probably heard that you paint. Duh!"

He smirked, "Yeah? And why did she ask me to go out with her this weekend?"

I swallowed. "Because she wants to charm you; that way she doesn't have to pay for the portrait."

"Oh, jealous are we?" he asked and turned to get some AXE body spray. "Do you mind? I have to spray this on."

I rolled my eyes. "You think she's going to fall in love with you, just because you use that cheap spray?"

He turned to grab my Enchanting Beauty Cream from the counter. "Hey! Give that to me!" I said; but he held it over his head.

"Enchanting Beauty, huh?" he mocked. Then he began to read the label. "Get more beautiful and radiant, by applying this cream two times a day." He read it as if he were in a commercial. I grabbed it from him. He laughed, "I didn't know they put miracles in a bottle."

"Jerk!" I said and left the bathroom.

On the ride to school we argued again. I told him not to fall for Lauren's tricks, but he's a guy. Guys will do anything pretty girls tell them to do.

"What's your problem anyway? I'm going out with Lauren because, for once, someone noticed me."

I looked out the car window. "I'm sure a lot of girls notice you."

He laughed, "Yeah right. So that's why I've had so many dates, huh?"

I felt bad. "Look, I'm sorry I made fun of you."

"I'm not doing this to get back at you, Carrie, if that's what you think. Lauren is very nice and I think she might like me. I know I like her...A LOT."

"Yeah, I bet," I mumbled. I was glad we got to school fast.

By second period, the word was all over school that my brother and Lauren were an item. Everyone was shocked, including Rachel, Patti and Jamie. The nerd boys all cheered at Connors accomplishment and the jock boys looked embarrassed because Connor got what they never could.

Everyone was asking me questions, like, "Were Lauren and I best friends now." Hell, I never even talked to Lauren! By lunchtime, I'd had enough. My best friends were not making it any easier either.

"Carrie! Oh my God! I can't believe Lauren is going out with Connor!" Jamie exclaimed.

I drank my soda slowly trying not to listen to her.

"Yeah! I mean he looks even kind of hot now. I like his haircut," Rachel added.

"I like the way he's dressed today. I never really noticed how cute your brother is," Patti put her two cents in.

I slammed down my soda can, making some of it splash on the table. My best friends gasped and got quiet. "Look, can't you all see Lauren is just using Connor? She doesn't like him. I know girls like her. They're up to no good!"

Jamie shrugged, "Well...maybe. If that's the case, at least your brother got some kind of celebrity status for a few days. That must be worth something, don't you think?"

I couldn't believe she'd said that! "Jamie! If a girl likes my brother, I want her to REALLY like him. Not just give him a high and then just forget about him."

Rachel gave me a pity look, "I'm sorry, Carrie. You're right. Your brother deserves more."

I sighed, "No. I'm sorry. I looked up at my three best friends, who all had puzzled looks on their faces.

"We're sorry too, Carrie." Jamie reached out for my hand.

"It's cool. I guess I just don't want my brother to get hurt." I looked over to where Lauren and her crew usually sat. The new addition was Connor. He was staring at Lauren with loving eyes.

* * *

I dreaded for Saturday to arrive. That would mean that Lauren was coming over so she and Connor could talk about her portrait and then go out. Besides, Connor wanted her to meet Mom and Dad. I waited in the living room along with Connor and my parents. We all waited for the little princess to arrive. My stomach was hurting already. Connor looked nice in his black slacks and white polo shirt.

"Why do I have to be here?" I pouted.

"Because I think you should talk to your future sister-in-law," Connor joked.

My parents laughed. I didn't.

"Oh Carrie. What's so bad about this girl?" My mom asked.

"Where should I start?"

Connor shot me an angry look.

"She's a snob and a half and she uses people, Mom!"

"What makes you think she's using your brother? What if she really likes him?"

I turned to look at my mom and tried to talk some sense into her. "Mom, Lauren is like the most beautiful girl in school. She's Ms. Everything. All the boys want her and the girls want to be like her. Why would someone like that be interested in Connor?" As soon as the words slipped out, it was too late.

"Gee, thanks Sis. Thanks for thinking so highly of me," Connor said sadly and walked to the kitchen.

My mom raised a brow. "You better apologize to your brother young lady."

I followed Connor into the kitchen where he stood with his back towards me . "Hey, I'm sorry Bro. I just...I just worry that's all."

He turned to flash me an evil glare. "Don't worry about me."

"Ok. I'm sorry. I hope you and Lauren have a good time tonight," I lied.

He took a deep breath. "Thanks."

He walked back into the living room with Mom and Dad. I lingered behind thinking things over. Maybe I was wrong about Lauren. What if she really did like my brother? True, she wanted a portrait of herself, but why would she ask him out? It's not like she wouldn't have the money to pay him. Knowing Connor, he'd probably do it for free. I decided to give Lauren a chance just for Connor's sake.

Lauren arrived a little after seven. Connor went to greet her. She was wearing a tight cashmere baby blue sweater and dark blue jeans, with black boots. I saw my dads' eyes widen, as he took in her beauty.

"Mom, Dad, this is Lauren Goodwin."

"Well hello there Lauren," my mom greeted her by shaking her hand.

"Hi Mrs. Watson. It's a pleasure to meet you," Lauren said, politely.

"Hello young lady," my dad said with a squeaky voice. I couldn't believe a grown married man was getting a hard on for a Senior Girl. I was quite embarrassed, but wanted to laugh.

"Mr. Watson. Hi. Nice to meet you. You don't even look like Connor's father. I thought you were his older brother."

That made my father blush. My mom was now looking like she was in a pissy mood.

"Oh and this is my sister-"

"Carrie! Oh, hey girl!" Lauren said in such a fake voice. "How are your classes going?"

I blinked. What in the hell was she talking about? She was talking to me like we've been friends forever.

"They're going ok, I guess," I answered surprisingly.

"Yeah, well mine are hectic! I got such a tough schedule! But hey, you should come and sit and have lunch with me and my friends sometime!"

I blinked again. Was she kidding me?

"Well, we're going to be talking about her portrait that I'm doing for her, so if you guys don't mind...a little privacy," Connor announced.

We got the hint. My parents and I ambled in to the kitchen.

"Well, she seems like a really nice girl," my dad blurted out.

My mom eyed him suspiciously, "I'm sure you think so, Honey."

I laughed.

"What? She is sweet," my father continued.

"Oh yeah. you sure look like Connor's older brother, why with your balding gray hair. Oh yeah, you'd pass for his brother."

My father groaned, "Gina, c'mon now. Don't be jealous."

"And I thought you said she was a snob and never talked to you," my mom scolded me.

I rolled my eyes, "She is! She's acting! Mom, she's a big time FAKE. I mean c'mon, to tell Dad that he looks like Connor's older brother..."

My dad frowned, "Hey! Let me have some compliments thrown to me, will you? I don't get many of them."

My mom put her arms around him. "Oh, don't be such a baby."

I tuned out my parents' mini spat and peeked over to the living room. Connor and Lauren were busy talking. I wondered what they were talking about. Lauren laughed every now and then and gently touched Connor's knee. I felt myself fuming and I couldn't understand why. It was no longer because of Lauren's pretense.

* * *

When Connor and Lauren left, I decided to call up Ryan. I needed to get out of the house fast! He picked me up and we went riding downtown. We talked about movies and books and yet, I still couldn't stop thinking about Connor.

We parked near the beach and Ryan put on the radio. He had it on the classic rock station, the one Connor listened to. That only made things worse. I didn't say anything, though. I just laid back and let Ryan talk.

"Jack Ketchum, now he writes pretty scary books! Did you ever read The Girl Next Door? I swear that one gave me nightmares. I watched the movie too and, oh man that was frightening!"

I looked up at the car's ceiling, wondering what Connor and Lauren were doing. Were they already making out? Were they already in bed? It was too soon. Connor wouldn't be that easy would he?

"Hello?"

Ryan snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked over at him and smiled. "Yeah. Sorry. I was just...thinking."

He turned down the station some, making Mick Jagger sound really faint. "You sure you're ok? You seem a bit distant tonight. I just asked you if you've read any of Jack Ketchum's novels."

I sighed, "Oh. Um, yeah. I read Off Season. I think that was the name of it."

He seemed delighted. "Now, THAT is a freaky one!"

I nodded and was going to go back to my thoughts, when I felt Ryan move closer to me. I felt nervous. I didn't want to turn and look at him, because I knew his face would be too close.

"Carrie," he whispered.

I gulped, "Yeah."

"Carrie, look at me," he urged.

I slowly turned to face him and sure enough, he was very close to me. I wanted to kiss Ryan, but I was still sad because of Connor. Damn Connor! So what if he was kissing Lauren right now? So what if he was even having sex with her? Who cares! He's my brother not my boyfriend! Who really cares?

I inched closer to Ryan and our lips met. I'd only kissed two guys before Ryan. Every single kiss is different. Ryan parted his lips too fast. His tongue was desperately searching for mine. He didn't waste any time.

We began kissing hardcore. It was feeling pretty good, until images of Connor came to me. His blue eyes identical to mine, his sweet smile and his gentle way of talking....I grabbed Ryan and pulled him towards me. I heard him gasp. I kissed him harder. My tongue was so deep inside his mouth. I felt him moving his hands up my shirt. I should have stopped him, but I couldn't. I wanted him...well not really him. I wanted Connor! Oh God! What in the world? Why would I want Connor? He's my sloppy brother. He's my twin. He's my own flesh and blood! What's wrong with me?

I pushed Ryan away. He was breathing hard and so was I. "I'm sorry. I can't do this," I apologized and looked away. I felt so embarrassed. I felt dirty and yet, I was still turned on.

"Carrie? You ok? I'm sorry if I came on too strong."

I nodded. I wanted to cry. I wasn't jealous of Lauren because she was popular or beautiful. I was jealous, because she was out with the love of my life!

"It's ok. Can you just take me home? I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything else. He cranked up the radio and drove me home. Once we pulled up to my driveway, he turned off the car. I felt him reach over and touch my hair. "You sure you're ok?"

I was holding back the tears, "Yeah. I'll call you...sometime."

I got out of the car, filled with guilt. I hadn't meant to use Ryan. I just wanted someone to kiss me and touch me for a moment. What the hell was wrong with me?

* * *

The next day, Connor was up early. He usually slept in Sunday mornings, but not that morning. He was whistling some Led Zeppelin song, while he poured himself some orange juice. Mom and Dad had gone to church that morning.

"Good morning, my dear sister," he said, as soon as he saw me.

I groaned and walked past him. I went to get me a glass and poured myself some orange juice. He stood next to me. I could feel his eyes on me. I felt my heart race.

"Aren't you going to ask me just how awful Lauren Goodwin was?"

I shrugged, "I really don't care Connor." I started getting ready to make some toast.

He stood behind me, "What's wrong? Why are you mad?"

I sighed, "I'm not mad. I just don't really want to hear about your date, ok?"

He put his hand on my shoulder and I almost jumped. It felt like he was sending shock waves all through me with that single touch. "You sure? I mean, I know we aren't the best of friends, but if something is really bothering you, I'm here for you, Sis."

I turned to face him. Gazing into my sweet brothers' identical eyes, I wanted to reach up and kiss him, but then again, I didn't have enough courage to do that. "Ok, you can tell me about your dream date." I didn't want to hear it, but then again, I didn't want Connor to think something was wrong with me. I didn't want him to guess that his own sister was secretly, desperately, in love with him.

He smiled. I melted. "Well....it was nice. We went to dinner. She wanted to go to some fancy place, but I told her I was cool with Burger King."

I laughed, "You didn't?"

He nodded, "Yup, I did. She was kind of shocked by that. So anyway, we went to Burger King and after that we went to the bowling alley, because some of her friends were going to be there. Her friends are alright I guess. I didn't get to talk much. She was telling them how I was going to paint her portrait and they were all impressed. Two of her friends asked me if I could paint them, after I was done with Lauren's painting. I said that was cool, but I'd have to charge them."

"What did they say to that?" I asked curiously.

"They were ok with that. So...see...Lauren is helping my future career. Can she be anymore perfect?"