The Long Goodbye

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Everyone's in it for themselves.

They kissed for another painful moment and then she turned and walked briskly back inside. It was like she was timing how long it would take for me to get the drinks. Meanwhile Tedesco had drifted off, reeking "innocent." Pia glanced in the direction of the Bartons and seemed concerned. She looked at the Bartons again. Then she began to frantically scan around for me.

I'm a cold-blooded son-of-a-bitch. That's why I'm successful. I master my feelings and do the smart thing; no-matter-what. It would be easy to turn and walk out of the party. But, just vanishing would tip my hand. I had to get a grip on the situation first. What I had seen was at a distance, in the dark. and I had not heard what they said to each other. Maybe it hadn't progressed past inappropriate kissing?

Pia seemed like she asked the Bartons if they had seen me. The younger one gestured in the direction of the windows. Pia looked aghast. She was staring uncertainly in that direction, as I came up behind her. I composed myself and said with fake relief in my voice, "Finally!! I've been looking all over for you. Where have you been?"

Pia whipped around and put both hands over her mouth in a shocked gesture. It was like I had suddenly sprung up out of the floor. She said, "My God Joey!! You startled me!!"

I said innocently, "What makes you so jumpy. Where were you?"

She said nervously, "I was in the Ladies Room." She added flirtatiously, "A girl has to look her best for the man she loves."

That was such utter bullshit that I decided to throw the flag. I said, "Barton told me that you were with Tedesco. But he was outside on the deck with some slut." Pia looked horrified. I added with a mocking smile, "Probably Barton's wife. It was too dark to tell."

I handed Pia her drink and said innocently, "Well, I'm glad it wasn't you. The guy is a pussy-hound." Pia was turning whiter-and-whiter. I thought, "Good!!"

Then she blurted with puzzling sincerity, "You know I'd never betray you." I looked to see if her nose was growing. Apparently, she wasn't Pinocchio. It was still as classically Roman as ever.

~

Pia had been dreading this night. She knew that putting Joey and John in the same room was risky. Tedesco treated her like a possession, and Joey might notice.

She had been fucking John Tedesco at least once a week since that fateful trip. Sometimes it was long delicious afternoon delights. Occasionally it was uncontrolled lust in his office. A couple of times it was in his car.

She couldn't get enough of his big cock and the way he fucked her. So, she kept coming back for more. She didn't know why she did it. She didn't even like the man. But the feelings were so overwhelmingly addictive.

She kept telling herself that it was okay; it wouldn't affect her marriage. Joey didn't know about John, and Pia worked hard to keep it that way. She made certain that Joey's every need was satisfied. She was upbeat and always available for sex, even if it was hard to balance Joey's attentions, with everything she got from John. John was always horny, and VERY insistent.

Pia knew that the affair would run its course. When it did, she would spend the rest of her life making it up to her husband. That was why her only aim was to keep what she was doing under wraps. When they arrived, she was so nervous that she thought that she might puke. But it still didn't stop her from contrasting her two lovers.

Joey looked like a teddy-bear in evening-wear; brawny with glittering black eyes. Pia smiled fondly at him. He was so over-muscled that he had to rent two different tuxedos; one with regular pants and one with an extra-extra-large coat to fit his upper body. His dark brown hair was so thick that it formed a widow's peak. Pia sometimes called him Count Chocula. But he wore it in a buzz cut; like an Army recruit. He always looked tough and competent. In fact, in a certain light he almost looked dangerous.

John was in a tuxedo too. That was the only similarity. John was tall, slim, elegant and languidly self-assured. His blond hair was elaborately coiffed into a perfect swept-back do and his long-nosed, aristocratic face radiated contempt for any person not born into wealth.

The Bartons greeted them like members of the family. They were almost identical; father and son. Phil was a younger version of Bert. They went through life joined at the hip and they were both decent guys.

Tedesco looked contemptuous. Pia was holding her husband's hand. It pissed him off. That was the reason why he chose to act like a condescending asshole with Joey; which was a mistake. John got his hand crushed in return. Joey did not suffer fools well.

The last thing Pia wanted was a confrontation. She wanted to move the two of them into neutral corners. So, she turned and asked Joey to get her a drink. She put a lot of sex into the request. Joey said, "At your service my love," and walked off with his springy athletic step.

Tedesco did not like the affection that passed between Pia and her husband. Pia belonged to Tedesco and he didn't share his toys. He very quickly got tired of the ones he had. But Pia was the hottest fuck he had ever known. He was having a hard time throwing her away.

Tedesco grabbed Pia's arm and hustled her out onto the terrace. The Bartons both raised an eyebrow but didn't comment. John was the rainmaker. So, their policy was to let John, be John.

It was freezing and the wind-chill dropped the ambient temperature to perhaps 15 degrees. So, the terrace wasn't exactly romantic, especially in an off the shoulders little-black-dress. But Tedesco wanted to talk.

He said, "It kills me when I see you with him."

Pia said, "Well it will just have to kill you. Joey IS my husband and my marriage is very important to me, even though you probably don't think so. I like your big dick and the way you fuck me. But I truly love my husband."

John grabbed Pia savagely and plastered her pussy against his giant boner He ravished her lips. She made a little sound of astonishment and then moaned loudly as the well-remembered sensation kicked in. She grabbed his neck, shoved her tits into his chest and pulled him by the back of his head into a hot open mouth kiss.

They swapped tongues until the cold began to make her shiver. She leaned back in his arms and said flirtatiously, "Just behave for tonight and I'll give you something special tomorrow."

He said, "I will, but don't forget who you belong to." Then he pulled her in for another passionate kiss.

Pia broke the kiss and said, "Down boy!! I want to be innocently standing next to the Bartons when Joey gets back from the bar."

She turned, without even looking at Tedesco, and made her way back inside. She hoped the fact that she had almost literally turned blue from the cold wasn't too obvious. She looked in the direction of the Bartons. But, Joey was nowhere to be seen.

Pia always had big a tire-fire of guilt burning inside her. She knew in her heart that what she was doing was wrong and the relentless awareness that she might get caught haunted her. Suddenly she was struck by a horrific thought; maybe Joey had seen her out there with Tedesco?

Pia looked around the room in a panic. But Joey wasn't visible. She was standing rooted to the spot, regretting every second of her infidelity, when she heard a voice directly behind her say, "Where have you been?" She almost dropped dead from the shock.

Pia realized that Joey had arrived from the opposite side of the room. The storm passed, the sun came out and the little birdies began to twitter. She told him that she had been in the ladies room. Joey practically ended Pia's life with what he said next.

He said that the Bartons told him that she had gone off with Tedesco. Her pulse raced back to heart-attack status. He added in a joking manner," At least I found HIM. He was outside on the deck pawing some slut. It was too dark to tell who she was." Pia's blood froze.

Then Joey made a joke about it being the younger Barton's wife. He added how happy he was that it wasn't her because, in his words, "Tedesco was a real pussy-hound." Pia nearly fainted.

She had to say something. So, after a moment of indecision, she said words that she honestly believed, "You know I'd never betray you." It wasn't a lie. It was just not quite correct. Pia knew that she was Joey's woman; and Joey's only. But there was that inconvenient truth lurking in the background.

~

Pia attacked me the moment we got in the door. I hadn't even turned on the entryway light. She dragged me through the house and into the master bedroom. She turned around and plastered herself against me. I had seen that exact same maneuver not four hours earlier. She was literally humping my leg, moaning with need.

Any other time in our marriage I would be ripping her clothes off. But the sight that I had witnessed made me hesitate. Pia didn't notice, she was getting wilder and needier by the second. I might have pushed her away. But, I wasn't going to divorce her over one hot surreptitious kiss.

I suspected there was more to it. Their body language was far too familiar. So first, I had to find out just how betrayed I was. And of course; Pia's bad fucks are like most guys wedding night. So, I thought, "Why not?"

I reached around the back of her little-black-dress and unzipped her. The dress fell off her gorgeous body and puddled on the floor. She managed to accomplish that maneuver without breaking the kiss. We were swapping tongues as she was walking us to the bed. When we got there, she shoved me backward and I landed right in the middle of our California king. Like I said, Pia is very strong.

She whipped my tux pants off in one motion taking the suspenders with them and was unhooking her bra as she knee-walked her way up the bed toward me. She looked ravenous. Those gorgeous melons with their big brown nipples fell out, with very little sag. I have always been awed by Pia's boobs. They are so heavy that they didn't jiggle. They just did a single weighty bounce and sat there motionless on her chest.

She threw one toned thigh over me, grabbed me and inserted me into her hot wet place. She sank down it to the hilt. She threw her head back with a loud groan, arched her back and pointed her amazing jugs almost straight up in the air. Then she began to rotate her hips in a sweeping clockwise motion. The effect was to move my pole, which was deep inside her, in a 360-degree arc.

She shrieked with the sensation. Then she began thrusting her hips back and forth in that rapid-fire action that convinces me that women like to get it a lot faster than men give it to them. She was moaning and whipping her hair around like a stripper on half-price night.

She began rhythmic cries. Her "Oh Yesses!!" increased in frequency until she was shouting "Yesssss!!" at the top of her lungs. Her orgasm was very loud and squishy. I hadn't begun to think about cumming yet. So, I reversed our positions. She spread-eagled, legs straight up in the air, and went back to agreeing with me.

All I heard for a couple of minutes were wet slapping sounds and her loud grunts of effort. Then, she started to torque up again. She began with the "Ohs!!" and the "Ahhhs" and then she started to vocalize. She was yelling over and over, "Give it to me Joey!! Give it ALL to me!! Make-me-cum-make-me-cum-make-me-cum!!

Then she seemed to stop breathing, her entire body went rock hard rigid and she started to jerk like she was having an epileptic seizure. Her passage went nuts. First there were wild disjointed contractions and then she got a grip on me; like I wasn't going to get my favorite tool back. She screamed in ecstasy and then slumped, like she had passed out.

I wasn't aware of any of that last part because I was shooting my entire reproductive system into her. As I came, she was sighing and moaning, making weak little kitten noises. It took me a second to get my sanity back. When I did, I looked into her eyes and she was staring solemnly back at me, like she wanted me to say something. I said, I love you Pia, I will always love you."

She burst into tears and said, "I just love you so much sometimes I can't bear it."

~

The PocketFinder GPS is an excellent tool for keeping track of your dog; especially if he's an escape artist. It's dirt cheap, very durable, tiny and unobtrusive. It works with the local cell system. You can attach it to Fido's collar and monitor his location from anywhere.

Needless to say, it also comes in handy if you want to keep track of your wife. I was almost certain that Pia wouldn't wear a dog-collar. So, I dropped it in her voluminous Coach bag. The tracker looks like a plastic silver dollar. I selected the pink one. I thought it would fit better with the miscellaneous junk that women carry around at the bottom of their purse.

I was sitting in my office eating a McMuffin and washing it down with my morning protein shake. The latter balanced all the empty calories in the former. I had just downloaded the app and I was staring at the blinking icon. It said that Pia was at her desk at BB&T.

Kelly walked up behind me. I knew it was her because she wears special perfume that evokes images of blazing fires, wildly beating jungle drums and lustfully dancing savages. I said, "Morning sunshine, how was your weekend?"

She said curiously, "Who are you tracking?"

Kelly knew what I was doing. I was sure that all her significant others had that little device on their person somewhere. I said, "I saw something disturbing at Pia's office Christmas party."

Kelly looked amused and said, "Let me guess. Did it involve mistletoe?"

I said, "A lot more than that. Plus, they were standing outside at Navy Pier. Anybody who would brave that kind of wind-chill definitely didn't want to be seen."

Kelly said conversationally, "What made you bug Pia; beside the obvious?"

I said, "She was swapping tongues with a guy who would make John Hamm look nerdy and it clearly wasn't the first time."

Kelly said, "Oh!! Sorry!!" What she meant was clear. If the guy was THAT attractive, there might really BE issues.

I said, "So I thought I'd put an electronic tether on her until I found out what was going on. Pia tells me over-and-over that she loves me. She demonstrated that with extreme vigor when we got home Saturday. But I just can't get it out of my mind that she might be fooling around."

I thought to myself, "If Tedesco had looked like one of the Bartons I wouldn't be suspicious. But Pia is a very hot woman and Tedesco's a pussy-hound par-excellence."

Kelly twisted her gorgeous face into a sarcastic smile and said, "I would never stand for that. It isn't a matter of possessiveness, or insecurity. I just make it a point to steer clear of people who have serious character flaws. Life is too short to put up with folks who don't know what they want."

I looked at her inquiringly, "Kelly said, she's either married to you, and owes you the duties of a life partner. Or, she is somebody else's slut. She's the only person who can make that decision, and she's also the only one who can enforce it. There is no middle ground. Sometimes it isn't easy."

I was sure that Kelly knew what she was talking about. She was a walking object-of-lust for every horndog in Chicago. But she's as loyal as the family Labrador to any guy she's agreed to be with exclusively. I said, "I concur in theory. But Pia and I have had a loving relationship for almost fifteen years and she has done nothing to make me think she's unhappy."

Kelly said, "Is she hyper-critical of you?"

I said, "The opposite."

Kelly said, "Are there any issues in the bedroom? Does she refuse you? Has she learned some new tricks?"

I said, "No, no and not to my knowledge. Although, I can't imagine what new tricks Pia could possibly learn. She pretty much does them all already."

Kelly laughed and said, "Then, she is either involved in a flaming affair with somebody who she doesn't give a shit about; or she isn't doing anything she wouldn't do in front of you."

Kelly looked at me seriously and said, "Women are great actors. Your wife MIGHT be trying to convince you that there is nothing going on. Or, she is as pure as the driven snow. There is probably nothing in between"

That was too insightful I said curiously, "Do YOU do those things?"

She said, "I don't have to. I have nobody to lie to right now."

I said, "Don't you dream about white picket fences and a brood of kids."

Kelly looked sad for a change. She said, "Of course I do. But I have way too much pride to marry somebody; just so I can have kids."

She grinned mischievously and said, "I'm serially monogamous. I'm faithful to the guy I am with. But, so far, I'm still kissing frogs." She said with conviction, "When I marry, it will be because I love the man and it will be for the rest of my life."

~

I sat in a meeting for the rest of the morning. When I finally got back to my laptop; I found the Pia icon blinking at an entirely different location. That was odd, because it was well past her lunch hour. I looked in the tracking history and found that she had moved there at 12:10 and not budged since. It was getting close to 1:30.

I used the application to see where she was. It kicked me to Google Maps and the Hilton Orrington/Evanston popped up. So, Pia was either having a prolonged lunch; or an afternoon delight. I headed for the door. Kelly was right behind me.

She grabbed my arm and said, "Wait Joey, you aren't facing this by yourself." I could see that she was concerned.

I said, "I don't want you involved in this mess," and continued heading for the parking lot.

She grabbed our field-bag and said, "Where are we going?" She knew the motive, just not the destination.

I said grimly, "The Hilton over on Orrington."

She looked straight ahead, obviously thinking. Finally, she turned to me and said, "I am not going to let you do anything stupid. Remember I'm armed." She patted in the direction of the little Sig P290 that she carries in a pancake holster, just above the crack in her delectable round ass. She said with purpose in her voice, "We are going to think this through rationally and act together." That was such a poignant display of loyalty that I almost said something untimely; we were partners and she was ten years younger than me. But right now, she was my rock, and my wife wasn't.

I was still surprisingly unemotional. It's probably a case of too much pride. Or, maybe I'm a psycho. But I go cold and remorseless, not teary eyed and gooey when life kicks me in the nuts. I have a bias about men who are drama queens when bad things happen. It might be my upbringing. It might be something I learned in the Army. But as far as I'm concerned, the right response to shit-happening is to laugh and say, "Is that the best you've got?!!"

We were headed for the elevator five minutes after we arrived. It took Kelly two minutes to hack the hotel's registration system with her phone. As we went up to the 9th floor, I looked at my steadfast friend. She was tough, determined and more than a little upset.

I said, "Don't worry Kelly. I just want to confirm my suspicions. I'm not going to kill either of them. We can get everything we need, without any rough stuff. That would be far too painless." Kelly looked relieved. The elevator pinged and we stepped out. It was almost 1:50 PM.

It was the typical upscale hotel hallway, plush carpets, color matched walls and doors, silent and discreet. It was a judicious place to commit adultery. We walked up the hall; looking like a couple checking in. I was carrying the field-bag. Kelly was strapping the monitor for the Tactical Electronics Under-The-Door camera on the inside of her right forearm. She had it because I didn't want to witness what the camera was going to see.

123456...8