Home On The Range Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Grandpa smiled at me and said, "You're your mother's kid alright. She was always had a quick wit too. But I guess you're right, you do add a certain enticing flavor for these old eyes, in this house."

My head snapped around and I looked at grandpa, but he had his back to me and was just sitting down at the kitchen table with his coffee. I smiled to myself thinking of him only fifteen or twenty minutes ago when he purposely looked at my almost naked body. I grinned then turned back to my chore of making breakfast. Shortly, there was a knock on the kitchen door at the same moment it opened, and an older black man, about six feet tall, walked in. Grandpa said, "Snake, meet my granddaughter Brittney but we call her Britt for short. She's gonna be here for the summer to help us out. She made dinner for me last night so I know she can cook."

Snake reached out his hand in my direction and I walked over and took his hand and shook it. I marveled at the fact my hand disappeared in his. When he released me, I asked him, "Would you like a cup of coffee, snake?"

Snake smiled at me and said "Yes, Ms. Britt, I'd love a cup." He wandered over to the table and sat down across from grandpa and I poured him a cup of coffee then set it down in front of him.

I finished cooking breakfast for the two of them and put everything on the table. Both of them dug in and started eating like a starved person. I brought my coffee over to the table and sat down and grandpa looked at me asking, "Aren't you gonna eat too? It's going to be a long time before lunch. Oh, by the way, you have to fix two lunches for snake and me before we go down to the barn. The lunch pails are over there in the pantry."

I replied, "No grandpa, I can't eat this early in the morning. I'll fix your lunches while you eat."

Grandpa said, "Britt it's going to be a long time before lunch. Mark my words, you're gonna wish you'd eaten before noon gets here. You have a lot of work to do in the barn after we leave for the fields."

To make grandpa happy I made a couple pieces of toast and ate them while I made lunches and put together both lunch pails. I poured each of us another cup of coffee then sat down with grandpa and snake. They talked about the ranch and what they were going to be doing and I listened. I didn't know where the north pasture was or where the strip of woods was that grandpa said he was working close to. But I listened and I knew someday I would get to explore and find out.

We finished our second cup of coffee and I put the dishes in the sink then grandpa said let's go, it's getting late. We walked outside on the front porch and it was just getting light. Dressed in my tank top and shorts I shivered a couple times in the morning air, but the air temperature was warm despite the early morning hour. Although there was a warm breeze, the stillness of the morning without honking horns was music to my ears. In Cleveland, there were always sirens from the police cars or ambulances, but it was never this quiet.

The three of us walked into the barn and, grandpa turned on the lights and showed me where the switches were so I could turn them off later. Grandpa spent extra time that first morning showing me where everything was. He showed me what to feed the animals and how much feed to give each of the animals. He told me what I had to do to clean the individual pens and horse stalls. He showed me where the corn was, to feed the chickens which roamed freely around and in the barn. We walked over to the chicken boxes and I saw the eggs that needed to be collected each morning. There was a lot of stuff to remember so I told grandpa, I'd do the best I can.

The one thing he strongly stressed is the fact that whenever I used a tool, he wanted me to put it back where I found it. He said, "I don't want to spend time searching for a tool that's out of place. I know where everything is, and everything has a place."

I smiled and said, "Just like mom does at home. She has a certain place for everything, and she always puts everything back when she is finished using it."

Grandpa smirked and said, "Well at least your ma learned one lesson from me anyway."

He told me, after they left for the range, it was up to me to finish my chores before I went back up to the house to eat lunch. After lunch you can do up the house chores and take care of the garden.

As he was walking away from me headed towards the shed, he said over his shoulder, "If you finish the barn, house and garden before it's time to cook supper, you can go down to the pond and cool off for a little while. I asked him where the pond was, and he pointed in the general direction before he said, "It's about a ten-minute walk from the house. He said the pond is fed by an underground spring, so the water is cold but very refreshing."

I smiled at grandpa's back and said, "Did I tell you; I love you?"

Grandpa never lost a step as he said, "I know Britt, I know."

Finally, grandpa turned to me and said, "Ok, you're on your own; I don't expect anyone to come by today, so you'll be here by yourself. Please don't get hurt and if you go swimming, be careful not to overdo it."

I ran after him and gave him another hug as I said, "Don't worry; if I run into a problem, I'll come looking for you."

Grandpa got a funny look on his face and said, "Don't go running around the ranch unless you know where you're going. Stay close to home until I get a chance to show you around. You can get lost out there."

I cocked my head to the side and smiled saying, "Why grandpa, where will you be in case, I need you?"

Grandpa said, "Don't worry Britt, you'll be alright around here. No one will bother ya. Be careful around the animals until they get to know you. Just go slow and you'll be alright. It's going to get hot later so drink plenty of water."

Grandpa got up on one of the tractors and snake got on another tractor and soon both of them headed around the barn and I watched as they disappeared. I went back to work and fed the animals then I started cleaning up after them like grandpa told me.

Within an hour I was sweating like a pig and my back, arms and legs started to get sore and hurt like hell. I slowed down working, thinking if I worked slower, I would cool down but as the morning wore on, the temperature rose, and I got hotter. I tried to cool down by wetting my tank top with the hose but a few minutes later, my tank top was warm again.

While I worked, I drank a lot of water from the same hose I used to water the animals and wet my tank top. I might have been a "city girl" all my life but I didn't mind drinking the cold water that came out of the hose. However, it seems like I perspired as much body fluid as I drank. I had been in hot weather before, but this was almost overwhelming. Even in the barn, in the shade, it was hot and when I had to go outside, I suffered greatly, in the sun.

I walked to the barn door and looked outside then walked to the corner of the barn and looked down the road that grandpa and snake had taken, and I didn't see anyone. I'm not terribly bashful and I've always thought I had a decent body with a few extra pounds here and there but overall, I really didn't mind the guys at school checking me out. I've worn skimpy bikinis since I started developing and I know the boys love to look at my titties. Now, I was in a strange place and the last thing I wanted to do was upset grandpa so soon after grandma died.

I looked all around and made sure I was alone before I pulled my tank top up and over my head leaving my small "B" cup titties exposed to the hot air that surrounded me. I walked back into the barn and hung my shirt up so it could dry, then I walked over to the garden hose and let it run till the cold water came through, then splashed some on my body to cool me down.

My chores were calling me, so I picked up my fork and went back to work. Another ten minutes went by and the sweat ran down my belly and soaked the top of my shorts. I tried to work but my wet shorts were worse than wearing a bathing suit, so I set down the fork and walked to the barn doors and looked around.

I didn't see or hear anything that sounded like another human being or anything that made the noise of a human so, I nervously unfastened my shorts and after taking one last look around, I pushed them off my hips and down my legs. I stepped out of them and shook them before I walked over and hung them up near my tank top.

I felt a little weird at first being outside in just my wet panties and my sneakers, but grandpa's words traveled through my head saying, "Ok, you're on your own; I don't expect anyone to come by today, so you'll be here by yourself. Don't worry Britt, you'll be alright around here. No one will bother ya."

I thought about his words and looked down at my panties which covered more than my bikini did so I thought to myself, I should be fine.

I went back to work and soon forgot that I was almost naked. My body ached all over and I was tired by the time I finished everything but cleaning the horse stalls. I love horses and always wanted to have one of my own so even though it was a dirty job, I loved being near the big animals. I moved slowly into each stall and let the horse smell me as I petted and rubbed their head near their ears. Once I felt they were comfortable with me I moved slowly and hooked a lead rope on them and walked them out into the alley and hooked them up to a ring on the wall, while I cleaned the stall.

As I finished each stall, I put the house back in and rubbed his head a little more before I walked out and closed the door to the stall. When I finished cleaning up, I put all the tools I'd used back where I found them. I walked through the barn one last time to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. When I was satisfied, I did everything in the barn, I walked back toward the front doors of the barn and pulled my tank top and shorts off the peg and picked up the basket of eggs.

Without stopping to look I walked out of the barn carrying my shorts, tank top and basket of eggs. It wasn't until I was halfway to the house that I realized I was walking out in the open with no place to hide, almost naked, in just my panties and my sneakers. Suddenly, I got that weird feeling in my stomach that I was doing something wrong, but I reasoned with myself that I was cooler without my shorts and top.

My brain waged a mental argument that I was cooler and that's all that mattered. My brain won out and I made it to the house without stopping. I'll admit from that halfway point on until I reached the house, my head was like being on a pivot and my eyes looked for any sign of movement as I walked. In the house I looked at the clock and saw that it was way past noon time, but I figured that wasn't bad for the first day.

I was so hot and sticky I decided to take a shower before I did anything else. I walked up the stairs to the bathroom and I dropped my clothes in the hamper before I slipped out of my panties and dropped them in the hamper as well. After my panties were off, I looked down as I rubbed my hand across my mound and noticed I needed to shave my pussy because I had rough stubble. Even out here in nowhere land, with very little possibility of anyone seeing me, I still wanted to have my pussy nice and smooth.

I walked into my bedroom and picked up my small bathroom case and took it back into the bathroom with me. After opening the bag, I took out my Schick Quattro razor for women. Suddenly I realized I was walking between my bedroom and the bathroom stark naked without even giving it a second thought. I felt my pussy get wet and my feminine fluids actually started leaking out of me, here I was standing in grandpa's bathroom with the door open all the way, completely naked, with nothing in there to cover myself. Again, visions of being caught raced through my head and as they did, the more excited I became.

Finally, I settled down enough, but I had to dry myself a little before I could shave my pussy. I drew some water in the sink and squirted some of my Skintimate Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Shave Gel in my hand. I smeared it all over my pussy before I began the careful task of shaving myself until I was completely smooth.

When I finished, I turned on the shower with cool water before I stepped in. I shampooed my hair then put some conditioner in it while I used my body wash to clean myself. I had this unmistakable urge to play with my clit, but I resisted the urge right up until I had to wash between my legs. When my hand rubbed against my clit, it was all over. I leaned back against the wall of the shower and rubbed my clit until my orgasm surged through my body almost buckling my legs and certainly making them feel like jelly. When my orgasm subsided, I rinsed off again then turned off the water.

I opened the curtain, and quickly realized there was no bath towel in sight, so I reached for the small hand towel on the rack. I did the best I could drying myself. I finished drying my naked body enough so I wouldn't leave water tracks all over the floor before I walked out into the hall and got a larger towel, from the linen closet, so I could dry my hair.

Suddenly I had the urge to go downstairs completely naked and get a drink of water. I quickly dried my hair, brushed it, hung my towel up as I timidly walked out of the bathroom and step by step down the stairs listening for any noise or voice that someone was in the house. I reached the bottom of the stairs and slowly but carefully tiptoed out to the kitchen to the sink. I reached up and took down a glass and when I turned the faucet on it seemed to roar when the water came rushing out of it, at least that's how it seemed to me at the time. I let the water run for a couple of minutes then filled my glass. I looked around before I lifted the glass to my lips and seeing no one I took a long drink then looked around again.

I walked into the living room and turned on a couple of the fans to move the air and try to cool down. Grandpa had told us when we were out here for grandma's funeral, he didn't believe in air conditioning because you'd feel hotter when you went outside so he only had some fans to cool down with. I moved around the kitchen as I made my well-deserved lunch then sat down and devoured it. I made up my mind that grandpa was right when he told me to eat breakfast in the morning, before going to work.

I went up to my bedroom and pulled my bikini out of the drawer and put it on. When I finished, I went downstairs and out the kitchen door so I could work in grandma's huge garden. I'd never really been around a garden before, but I instinctively knew I had to pull the weeds and I read somewhere it wasn't good to water the plants when the sun was shining on them. So, it didn't take me long to move through the garden row by row and make sure everything was growing fine. I picked some of the vegetables that looked big enough or ready to eat. I put everything in one of grandma's wicker baskets and carried the fresh picked vegetables into the house.

I was all hot a sweaty again from working in the garden, so I went up to my bedroom and took off my bikini and went to the bathroom for another cool shower. Once again, I only dried enough so I wouldn't leave water tracks through the house then walked back downstairs. I went to the kitchen and I looking around to see what grandpa had for food. I wasn't being nosey but if I was going to be here for the next three months, I needed to know what was in the pantry and what kind of food grandpa liked based on what was there. I found the freezer full of meat which was divided between chicken, beef and pork. I pulled out a nice sized steak for supper, as grandpa called it. I made macaroni salad and put it in the refrigerator to cool. For being from the "city" my mom and dad weren't fancy eaters, so the salad and steak was a meal that we would eat at home.

I found myself standing at the front door. My hand reached up all by itself and opened the screen door and my feet stepped out on the porch. Oh my God I was completely naked standing on the front porch where I stood a couple weeks ago with my parents and my grandpa and ..... if they could only see me now.

I felt the moisture building in my pussy as I walked across the porch to the double swing hanging near the corner of the wrap around porch. I looked around nervously then spread my hand towel out before I sat down on the swing. My mind was in turmoil, I shouldn't be out here like this. What if someone came right now, they would see me for sure. I looked toward the screen door and guessed it to be at least twenty feet away from me and I didn't have anything other than my hands and small hand towel to cover my entire naked body. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I had never experienced these epic types of feelings before. A series of shivers traveled through my body and my little pink nipples were standing at attention. I thought to myself, what the fuck am I doing out here?

I don't know how long I sat there in the swing, swinging back and forth but while I was there, I relaxed enough to nod off briefly, I think. Somewhere in my subconscious a noise, there was a noise and when I opened my eyes, I heard it. It was the sound of a tractor. My head jerked so I looked towards the barn and I saw grandpa backing his tractor under the shed next to the barn and snake was waiting for grandpa to park so he could back under the shed. I ducked down low and almost crawled to the screen door. Once inside I dashed up the stairs and into my bedroom and quickly pulled on a tank top and a pair of shorts.

I forgot that snake and grandpa had to check the animals and feed them before grandpa came up to the house, so I had rushed to put something on for nothing. I was in the kitchen when grandpa walked in the house and put both lunch pails on the kitchen counter and after saying hello, he told me, "I'm going upstairs and take a shower, and then I'll be back. Snake usually eats with us, so I hope you have enough for him too."

I smiled at grandpa and said, "I made a salad earlier and there's enough for three of us. I took out a steak for supper so there's plenty of that too. Go ahead and take your shower and I'll get the steak on the grill."

Grandpa walked up the stairs and I heaved a big sigh of relief thinking how close I came to being caught completely naked sitting on the front porch swing. I was out on the back porch when grandpa came back downstairs from his shower barefoot and wearing only a pair of shorts. He went to the refrigerator and pulled out a beer and called out to me, "Hey Britt, do you want a beer?"

I stepped over to the screen door and said; "Now grandpa, you know I'm not old enough to drink beer."

Grandpa smiled saying, "Britt, you are out here on my ranch and I know you worked hard today. I don't have any neighbors close by, so if you don't tell anyone, I'm sure not going to tell anyone. Besides, I'm not offering you a case a beer, it's only one bottle. I'm sure you can handle one bottle of beer and not get fallin' down drunk on me."

I opened the screen door and walked in and grandpa looked at my face saying, "I hate to drink alone. Your grandma always had a beer with me in the evening."

While I was grilling the steak, snake walked past me saying, "Good evening Ms. Britt, are you warm enough?"

"Oh snake," I said, "This hot dry air is almost to the level of suffocating me. If it wasn't for cool showers and the hose in the barn, you'd have found me passed out. But I suppose like you and grandpa, I'll get used to it."

Snake laughed and patted me on the back before he opened the door and walked inside. I finished grilling the steak and took it inside and set it down on the table. I heard snake in the living room talking to grandpa about what he'd accomplished and what he wanted to get done the next day.